PDA

View Full Version : Angels trade Steve Finley to Giants...

HotelWhiteSox
12-21-2005, 08:03 PM
for Edgardo Alfonzo

:thud:

eh, I guess it's fair, they both suck

Giants acquired outfielder Steve Finley from the Angels for third baseman Edgardo Alfonzo.
It'd be nice if this meant that Darin Erstad would return to center field for the Angels, but Chone Figgins is probably going to be the choice. Finley will take over as the Giants' fourth outfielder, and there's a good chance that he'll get at least 300 at-bats, though he doesn't figure to do much with them. The Giants will probably make Pedro Feliz their everyday third baseman. They would have preferred Bill Mueller, and we don't suppose a Joe Randa signing can be completely ruled out. Randa turned 36 last week, so he's in the right age bracket for GM Brian Sabean. Dec. 21 - 8:51 pm et

That last sentence is gold

1951Campbell
12-21-2005, 08:22 PM

Also gold:

Finley will take over as the Giants' fourth outfielder, and there's a good chance that he'll get at least 300 at-bats, though he doesn't figure to do much with them.

Ouch.

NUCatsFan
12-22-2005, 12:17 PM
My goodness....With Steve Finley, Moises Alou, and Barry Bonds, do they have enough walkers to go around?

Jerko
12-22-2005, 12:19 PM
My goodness....With Steve Finley, Moises Alou, and Barry Bonds, do they have enough walkers to go around?

The Giants may set a record for most inside the park homers allowed in a single season.

batmanZoSo
12-22-2005, 12:39 PM
This means, without question, the Giants will be in the playoffs. Same goes for whoever lands Reggie Sanders.

MisterB
12-22-2005, 02:07 PM

I think Brian Sabean's unofficial motto is "Don't trust any player under 30." :rolleyes:

Chisox003
12-22-2005, 04:02 PM
This means, without question, the Giants will be in the playoffs. Same goes for whoever lands Reggie Sanders.
Well, Reggie Sanders is reportedly the newest member of.....

The Kansas City Royals

Still feel good about that last sentence? :wink: :o:

batmanZoSo
12-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Well, Reggie Sanders is reportedly the newest member of.....

The Kansas City Royals

Still feel good about that last sentence? :wink: :o:

Royals = surprise Wild Card team. Y'heard it 'ere first. :cool:

DieTrying79
12-23-2005, 07:33 PM
At least they moved Alfonso so Feliz can start everyday somewhere.