PDA

View Full Version : More love from ESPN

delben91
12-21-2005, 07:16 PM
I was in a bar with my buddies for happy hour tonight, and they had the 6pm sportscenter on. I couldn't hear the sound, but they were "analyzing" Damon's signing with the Yankees and how it affected the AL. Both Olney and Gammons listed their top 5 teams, and both picked the White Sox at the top.

Later they had Steve Phillips on, and the question was asked, "Are the Yankees now better than the Sox?" Couldn't hear what he said, and it doesn't make the least bit of difference. The point I'm getting at is the Sox are getting "national" respect for their offseason, though as well as the "under the radar" thing worked last season, I must say I wouldn't mind following the same path. I think all of KW's moves have made it impossible to remain under the radar.

SoxFan76
12-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Amazing what winning does.

Well I think they are just taking the philosophy that the World Champion is the best team until further notice. In other words, until next season starts the White Sox are the best team, no argument needed. That goes for the Red Sox in 04, Marlins in 03, Diamondbacks(?) in 02, etc.

ChiSoxIn06
12-21-2005, 09:42 PM
I watched the bit with Gammons...I laughed my ass of as he pouted about how his beloved red sox blew the whole damon signing..at some points he was at a loss for words...and its about time the sox got thier exposure nationally.

Soxfanspcu11
12-21-2005, 10:21 PM
That goes for the Red Sox in 04, Marlins in 03, Diamondbacks(?) in 02, etc.

Diamondbacks in '01, Angels in '02.

I actually saw this as well, but I had the "privilege" of having sound on the TV I was watching on. They both pretty much agreed that while this is a good move for New York, the Yankees are still not as good as the White Sox, and that Kenny's off-season moves have made the Sox better then they were in '05 and that the White Sox are still the best team in the league.

ChiFabulous1
12-22-2005, 09:03 AM
I was in a bar with my buddies for happy hour tonight, and they had the 6pm sportscenter on. I couldn't hear the sound, but they were "analyzing" Damon's signing with the Yankees and how it affected the AL. Both Olney and Gammons listed their top 5 teams, and both picked the White Sox at the top.

Later they had Steve Phillips on, and the question was asked, "Are the Yankees now better than the Sox?" Couldn't hear what he said, and it doesn't make the least bit of difference. The point I'm getting at is the Sox are getting "national" respect for their offseason, though as well as the "under the radar" thing worked last season, I must say I wouldn't mind following the same path. I think all of KW's moves have made it impossible to remain under the radar.

Which sox were they talking about. ESPN loves to think that the red sox are the only sox.

hellenicsoxfan
12-23-2005, 04:18 PM

I heard Phillips on the radio the other morning and that same question was asked. His answer was that with all the pitching the Sox have, the Yankees and everyone else are still behind the Sox.

maurice
12-23-2005, 06:08 PM
I heard Phillips on the radio the other morning and that same question was asked. His answer was that with all the pitching the Sox have, the Yankees and everyone else are still behind the Sox.

That's the obvious answer. New York and Boston won't return to the WS until they overhaul their crappy pitching. Adding one or two pitchers isn't going to get the job done.