PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Felix Diaz Appreciation Thread

Stoky44
12-21-2005, 03:57 PM
"F to the Dizzy", as his friends called him will be missed. This guy is going to come back and haunt us, I know it. We should have given him a chance.

Stoky44
12-21-2005, 04:01 PM
I was at the airport and heard this guy on his phone say Felix Diaz was feeling a little left out in not having an appreciation thread. In 2004 he pitched in 18 games went 2-5 with a 6.75 ERA, in 49.3 innings. He really won't be missed by many, but to some of his fans I know there will be sadness when he pitches in another uni. BTW, does Diaz get a WS ring?

bobowhite
12-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Okay, this is making me sick.

ChiSoxRowand
12-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Good job beating the Cubs in 2004.

CHISOXFAN13
12-21-2005, 04:07 PM

That should just about end this thread.

Grobber33
12-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Another reason you should be glad he's gone is,,,he also LOST to the Cubs a week later. Even gave up a homer to a washed up Rey Ordonez.

KarkoFan1
12-21-2005, 04:12 PM

Beating Zambrano, that was a great game. He was supposed to have a one in a million chance to beat him. And he did. I guess I will say thanks for that.

Stoky44
I forgot 1 stat: he is a career .000 batter going 0-1 in 2004. We never liked this guy because of his bat though. But, he only gave up 62 hits, in those +49 innings with a K/BB of 33/16. We got this guy from SF when Kenny Lofton was shipped out. We also got Ryan Meaux, I don't know what he is up to now. "F to the Dizzy", as his friends called him, only cost us $318K last year, I can't imagine we are going to be able to replace that production at that price.

kittle42
These threads suck. Who started this?

A. Cavatica
12-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Felix, we appreciate that you contributed more than the guy we traded for you...

(It was Lofton, right? Addition by subtraction.)

voodoochile
12-21-2005, 04:18 PM
I forgot 1 stat: he is a career .000 batter going 0-1 in 2004. We never liked this guy because of his bat though. But, he only gave up 62 hits, in those +49 innings with a K/BB of 33/16. We got this guy from SF when Kenny Lofton was shipped out. We also got Ryan Meaux, I don't know what he is up to now. "F to the Dizzy", as his friends called him, only cost us $318K last year, I can't imagine we are going to be able to replace that production at that price.

*****!

WHAT production?:?:

Uncle_Patrick
12-21-2005, 04:21 PM
I took my little cousin to her first Sox game in 2004 and Felix Diaz gave up a grand slam. Thanks, Felix.

ShoelessJoeS
12-21-2005, 04:23 PM
I was at that game and I'll never forget how embarrassed Cub fans were after Zambrano lost to a minor leaguer. Thanks Felix for that one shinning moment!!!

Chicken Dinner
12-21-2005, 04:31 PM

I agree. I think the next person that starts an appreciation thread buys everyone a beer.

miker
12-21-2005, 04:43 PM
I agree. I think the next person that starts an appreciation thread buys everyone a beer.
I was going to start a beer appreciation thread...than thought better of it. (But I still like beer!) :gulp:

Hey knock Felix all you want, but his name is in the Baseball Registy and I don't think many of ours are.

maurice
12-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Hmmm, I thought they might throw him into the mix for the last bullpen spot during spring training. (All of his suckage occurred as a rookie starter; he had a 3.78 ERA in 11 MLB relief appearances / 17.2 IP.) Maybe KW plans to pick up a couple of the non-tendered guys for the pen.

voodoochile
12-21-2005, 04:48 PM
I was going to start a beer appreciation thread...than thought better of it. (But I still like beer!) :gulp:

Hey knock Felix all you want, but his name is in the Baseball Registy and I don't think many of ours are.

And your point is? :?:

santo=dorf
12-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Meaux brought us the World Series game 3 hero last July. :yup:

Felix also had a good start against the Mariners back in 2004.

Banix12
12-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Diaz I think could become a decent middle reliever/setup man because he has pretty decent stuff. From what I saw of him when he came up was he would dominate a team the first time through the order and by the second time through they seemed to get a read on him.

There is talent in that arm just not really enough to make a big fuss about.

SoxSpeed22
12-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks for taking it in stride, you'll do good.

mweflen
12-21-2005, 05:22 PM
My question exactly.

Except this one is serious. The Adkins thread was started by me as a sick joke.

I personally find any "Official" thread designation to be humorous. As if there is some office somewhere designating which threads pass muster or not.

Lip Man 1
12-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Stoky 44:

You're kidding right? This clown was a triple A pitcher at best. Garbage.

Please... :rolleyes:

Lip

delben91
12-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Stoky 44:

You're kidding right? This clown was a triple A pitcher at best. Garbage.

Please... :rolleyes:

Lip

And I'm rather sure he is out of minor league options. So Stoky, who do you want to get rid of to keep Felix? :tongue:

TomBradley72
12-21-2005, 07:29 PM
It's time to stop the madness.

miker
12-22-2005, 09:37 AM
And your point is? :?:
It's obvious to me, but I'll break it down for you.

Maybe I'm just getting sentimental in my old age, but something bugs me when we start ripping on a player when most of us couldn't hit a slow-pitch beach ball or break a window with a pitch.

Now if a player that has talent, but is so full of himself that he thinks he's bigger than his team or the game itself, then I'm all for criticizing that.

But if a guy gets a chance at "The Show" and the talent just isn't there or he catches a bad break, I'm uncomfortable saying "Oh yeah, he sucks."

After all, a bunch of "experts" said last season that the 2005 White Sox would never win the World Series...and we all know how those predictions panned out.:D:

voodoochile
12-22-2005, 10:09 AM
It's obvious to me, but I'll break it down for you.

Maybe I'm just getting sentimental in my old age, but something bugs me when we start ripping on a player when most of us couldn't hit a slow-pitch beach ball or break a window with a pitch.

Now if a player that has talent, but is so full of himself that he thinks he's bigger than his team or the game itself, then I'm all for criticizing that.

But if a guy gets a chance at "The Show" and the talent just isn't there or he catches a bad break, I'm uncomfortable saying "Oh yeah, he sucks."

After all, a bunch of "experts" said last season that the 2005 White Sox would never win the World Series...and we all know how those predictions panned out.:D:

No problem, but the nature of fandom has nothing to do with whether we can do what they can do either. Most of us cannot write like Hemingway or paint like Monet or throw a football like Peyton Manning either, but that doesn't stop us from recognizing that Peyton is a better QB than Kyle Orton.

That's all that's going on here. Diaz is an AAAA pitcher, nothing more nothing less. Yes, he's WAY better than any of us at the game, but compared to the guy who replaces him, he sucks. It's all relative.

miker
12-22-2005, 11:48 AM
No problem, but the nature of fandom has nothing to do with whether we can do what they can do either. Most of us cannot write like Hemingway or paint like Monet or throw a football like Peyton Manning either, but that doesn't stop us from recognizing that Peyton is a better QB than Kyle Orton.

That's all that's going on here. Diaz is an AAAA pitcher, nothing more nothing less. Yes, he's WAY better than any of us at the game, but compared to the guy who replaces him, he sucks. It's all relative.
And Kyle Orton was still better than anyone who QB'd the Bears last year!

I hear you and appreciate your point...but it still seems a little shallow to me. That's all.

Stoky44
12-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Its now day 2 since we did not offer "F to the dizzy" a new contract. It still very upsetting. I can't believe he is really gone. He could have been great this year, a BIG boost to our pen.

1951Campbell
12-22-2005, 01:48 PM
The nickname "F to the Dizzy" makes me giggle.

That is all.

Baby Fisk
12-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Someone started a Frank Thomas Appreciation Thread about a week or so before it became official that Frank would not be rejoining the Sox in 2006. When it did become more or less official, the same poster congratulated themselves for starting the thread. The chain reaction followed.

kittle42
12-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Someone started a Frank Thomas Appreciation Thread about a week or so before it became official that Frank would not be rejoining the Sox in 2006. When it did become more or less official, the same poster congratulated themselves for starting the thread. The chain reaction followed.

Notice the steady downhill trend, as well.

Frank Thomas
Felix ****ing Diaz?

The Dude
12-22-2005, 02:36 PM
"F to the Dizzy", as his friends called him will be missed. This guy is going to come back and haunt us, I know it. We should have given him a chance.

We gave him a chance, he failed more than once. He then proceeded to suck it up in AAA. Sorry, maybe he needs a change of scenery but he had no place with the Sox.

Stoky44
12-22-2005, 02:37 PM

Frank Thomas
Felix ****ing Diaz?

We just signed Tim Redding fo mo money and had a worse last 2 years then "F to the dizzy"!

batmanZoSo
12-22-2005, 02:38 PM

Frank Thomas
Felix ****ing Diaz?

It's called humor. This is a fine tradition we have, I think. And if Man Soo Lee isn't immortal like I think he is, he will get his thread, too.

kittle42
12-22-2005, 02:40 PM
It's called humor. This is a fine tradition we have, I think. And if Man Soo Lee isn't immortal like I think he is, he will get his thread, too.

I understood the humor of the first post, actually. F to the dizzy, indeed. The problem comes when people start making serious posts! And let's not forget the "it's not right to say a player stinks because no matter how bad he is, he can hit a fastball better than any of us" argument.

Stoky44
12-22-2005, 02:44 PM

No humor in the major loss the Sox just had with letting go of the major potential and talent (I mean look at his stuff/numbers) of F to the dizzy!

Baby Fisk
12-22-2005, 02:54 PM
That thread about Chuck Norris should really be a thread about Man Soo Lee.

kevin57
12-22-2005, 03:23 PM
Before any Frank Thomas Appreciation Thread, wasn't there one for Rowand?

I think it's cool to have a place to honor those who helped us get where we got last year. Okay, so this one stretches things a bit, but every one of us has said that the 2005 White Sox were a team effort, so when one departs, there should at least be a "Good luck" sentiment expressed...yes, I even said that to Marte.

tacosalbarojas
12-22-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm just up in arms that Diaz had the audacity to take Urlacher's number. Just wrong.

maurice
12-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Again, Diaz failed as a starter, because he sucked in most of his 7 starts as a rookie in 2004. (A couple of the starts were actually pretty good.) As a MLB reliever that year, he had an adequate 3.78 ERA.

He started off 2005 injured and finished 6-8 with a 5.00 ERA in only 21 starts for a very bad Charlotte/AAA squad. The previous (healthy) year, he was 10-2 with a 2.97 ERA in AAA.

Lip Man 1
12-22-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm appreciative of the fact that this failure is now gone, goodbye, don't let the door hit you in the rear end on the way out of town.

Lip

FedEx227
12-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Why is there a Felix Diaz appreciation thread?

I understand a Frank Thomas, Carl Everett, even to an EXTENT Willie Harris, but Felix Diaz?!

richb2
12-22-2005, 06:53 PM
good grief are we really this desperate for ideas to start a thread lol

starboy0
12-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks Felix for beating Zambrano in the 2004 game. My brother in law and his friend scored company tickets and took me to the game. They were Cub fans and I remember going in thinking, "oh great... our rookie versus Zambrano...not a chance in hell." This was one of the few games I went to thinking we simply don't have a chance.

I remember someone was on first threatening to steal and Zambrano was getting all bent out of shape and kept throwing over there and then staring the runner down like he was some real tough guy. Then he finally pitches to the batter (was it Crede?) and he smacks a homerun. That was sweet!

ChiSoxRowand
12-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Was Diaz ever thought of highly as a prospect?

A. Cavatica
12-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Was Diaz ever thought of highly as a prospect?

Yes, but it passed quickly.

Stoky44
12-27-2005, 01:26 PM
It is now been a week from the hard choice of the Sox letting "F to the dizzy" go. I can not get over this mistake by the White Sox. I love the Sox and Kenny, but F to the Dizzy is going to to be great. We really could have used F to the dizzy out of the pen in 06. I mean just look at the numbers F to the dizzy put up, HE WILL BE AWESOME. I already posted his stats, just go back and look. The Sox pitching got weaker when letting the talented F to the Dizzy go.

Banix12
12-27-2005, 02:23 PM
It is now been a week from the hard choice of the Sox letting "F to the dizzy" go. I can not get over this mistake by the White Sox. I love the Sox and Kenny, but F to the Dizzy is going to to be great. We really could have used F to the dizzy out of the pen in 06. I mean just look at the numbers F to the dizzy put up, HE WILL BE AWESOME. I already posted his stats, just go back and look. The Sox pitching got weaker when letting the talented F to the Dizzy go.

Letting him go is nowhere near as critical as you make it seem.

My take on him is thus. He does have the stuff to succeed in some role in the majors however from what I saw when he was up here in 2004 he doesn't really know how to pitch. He seemed to do very well the first time through the lineup on most days but I don't know whether it is a matter of him showing everything he has the first time through the order or the the lineup just making quick adjustments but once major league hitters see him once they get to him and hit him hard.

There is talent there but I think his future will be in the bullpen, possibly as a closer if he can improve some more and work on some more deception.

Also if you really like Diaz I think you should understand that releasing him was probably the best thing for him. I think the White Sox realized that guys like him and Adkins have fallen down the depth chart behind some of the newer prospects. Both guys certainly have talent which if harnessed can make them into effective pitchers however it looked as if there was very little chance of that opprotunity ever coming with the White Sox again. This was mostly about the sox just not wanting to spend anymore money on these two while giving both of them an opprotunity to move onto other teams where they might get another opprotunity.

spiffie
12-27-2005, 02:26 PM
That thread about Chuck Norris should really be a thread about Man Soo Lee.
That would be redundant, since Chuck Norris is Man Soo Lee. All those complete games in the ALCS weren't due to our pitching staff. No, Man Soo revealed his other form to the Angels hitters, and they knew the meaning of fear. Anyone who got a hit also knew the meaning of a roundhouse kick.

Stoky44
12-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Letting him go is nowhere near as critical as you make it seem.

Also if you really like Diaz I think you should understand that releasing him was probably the best thing for him. I think the White Sox realized that guys like him and Adkins have fallen down the depth chart behind some of the newer prospects. Both guys certainly have talent which if harnessed can make them into effective pitchers however it looked as if there was very little chance of that opprotunity ever coming with the White Sox again. This was mostly about the sox just not wanting to spend anymore money on these two while giving both of them an opprotunity to move onto other teams where they might get another opprotunity.

I am a bigger Sox fan than Dizzy fan. But I really liked F to the dizzy and letting him go is not a good thing. I don't see the Scrub fans to happy about letting Mad Dog, D-train, and Gar go in trades. This is how sox fans are going to feel in a few years, prob even more mad b/c F to the dizzy might be better then all 3 of those guys, letting a top pitcher go = big mistake. And letting F to the dizzy go was a very "Critical" Mistake and loss.

Banix12
12-27-2005, 04:21 PM
I am a bigger Sox fan than Dizzy fan. But I really liked F to the dizzy and letting him go is not a good thing. I don't see the Scrub fans to happy about letting Mad Dog, D-train, and Gar go in trades. This is how sox fans are going to feel in a few years, prob even more mad b/c F to the dizzy might be better then all 3 of those guys, letting a top pitcher go = big mistake. And letting F to the dizzy go was a very "Critical" Mistake and loss.

Actually now that I have seen your posts I'm happy he is gone just so I'll never have to hear that god awful nickname.

He's too far down on the depth chart these days to raise a stink about his being cut. You think that's wrong but apparently the major league scouts disagree with you.

Just accept it and wish him the best. And if a week from now you post on this thread saying "It's been two weeks since the sox released F to the Dizzy and I'm still upset..." I hope the mods give you a nice time out.

I've said my peace, and I'm done with this thread.

Stoky44
12-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Why did this "appreciation" thread move to What's The Score? The other appreciation threads are still in the clubhouse.

miker
12-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Why did this "appreciation" thread move to What's The Score? The other appreciation threads are still in the clubhouse.
Maybe "F to the Dizzy" was getting more appreciation than the mods were willing to tolerate...

voodoochile
12-29-2005, 08:37 PM

Because you kept bringing it back and because I got annoyed with you bringing it back and found the stupid nickname you seem to enjoy using over and over and over again to be repetitive and ridiculous. The whole thing struck me as a waste of bandwidth and energy, so I moved it hoping it would die.

Let's see if that can actually happen, of course I can always just kill it if you insist on continuing to post in it...:?:

Daver
12-29-2005, 08:54 PM
I declare this thread dead.

TWANG............................................. ............................Thump.