PDA

View Full Version : a little HELP.....please

SouthSide_Hitman
12-21-2005, 03:34 PM
I was unable to find the link on the 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX (not sCrUBS like the Chicago Cubune would like us to believe....lol) official web site about the dates,times and locations for where the 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAICAGO WHITE SOX trophy will be for public viewing and picture taking.
Can any of you fine 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX fans please provide for me a link to this so that I can make my holidays complete and go see the trophy.
Thank you in advance.

CLR01
12-21-2005, 03:39 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/search.php

tebman
12-21-2005, 03:41 PM
El linko (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/trophy_tour.jsp)

MarySwiss
12-21-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm wondering if the "precious" (John Kass tribute interjection) will be on display at Spring training. :cool:

soxinem1
12-21-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm wondering if the "precious" (John Kass tribute interjection) will be on display at Spring training. :cool:

For some reason when I read Kass calling the trophy 'precious' I got the creeps, especially when I remembered that Buffalo Bill's dog in 'Silence of the Lambs' was named Precious.

mweflen
12-21-2005, 05:31 PM
For some reason when I read Kass calling the trophy 'precious' I got the creeps, especially when I remembered that Buffalo Bill's dog in 'Silence of the Lambs' was named Precious.

IT PUTS THE TROPHY IN THE BASKET, OR...

MarySwiss
12-21-2005, 05:43 PM

Wow, I never made that connection, although I loved (is that the right word?) that movie.

In this case, I think you have to follow Monty Python's Life of Brian and "look on the bright side." When Kass--a longtime Sox fan--called it 'precious,' he was looking at it as a thing to be revered by Sox fans. And he was right.

And, single-minded person that I am, I still wonder if it will be on display at Spring training. Hello, Brooks? Kenny?

mweflen
12-21-2005, 05:46 PM
btw, I'd be willing to bet he was referencing Gollum in the LOTR trilogy. I doubt even Kass is enough of a freak to intentionally do a Buffalo Bill/Silence of the LAmbs thing...

soxinem1
12-22-2005, 07:37 AM

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

The Racehorse
12-22-2005, 07:53 AM

LOL... you guys rule. :cool:

chisox
12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
i was imaginging kass hopping around the trib tower, clutching the trophy to his chest..."my precioussssss....THEY WANTS IT, but we won't give it to them!"

http://www.themisfiringneuron.com/mt/archives/golum-thumb.JPG