PDA

View Full Version : Replay of Games on Comcast

skottyj242
12-21-2005, 03:02 PM
I was watching a little bit of the game on Comcast last night and I have to say I am very disappointed in the overall quality of the picture. I hope that changes tonight when we get the Fox feed (although I'll be cheering on Missouri, and wouldn't watch tonight anyway.) Did anyone else run into this problem? I thought game one and two were decent last night was just plain terrible and really fuzzy.

tacosalbarojas
12-21-2005, 03:06 PM
I was watching a little bit of the game on Comcast last night and I have to say I am very disappointed in the overall quality of the picture. I hope that changes tonight when we get the Fox feed (although I'll be cheering on Missouri, and wouldn't watch tonight anyway.) Did anyone else run into this problem? I thought game one and two were decent last night was just plain terrible and really fuzzy.Last night was noticeably worse and I'm not sure why, I'm just glad I still have my original tape.

Paxson93
12-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I seem to recall the original broadcast of Game 3 being a little fuzzy as well... :dunno:

skottyj242
12-21-2005, 03:12 PM
I seem to recall the original broadcast of Game 3 being a little fuzzy as well... :dunno:

I remember it being fuzzy because I was half in the bag.

jdm2662
12-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Last night was noticeably worse and I'm not sure why, I'm just glad I still have my original tape.

The reason why is because it was an ESPN2, which has a constant ticker. They had to enlarge the picture to get rid of the ticker. The enlarged picture made it worse. Sucks, but its better than no reply.

Iwritecode
12-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Figures.

I set my DVD on SEP (8 hours of recording time) instead of EP (4 hours of recording time). I knew the quality was going to be a little bit worse but it is really horrible.

Now I know why. :(:

Paxson93
12-21-2005, 03:25 PM
I remember it being fuzzy because I was half in the bag.

Are you suggesting that my 12 celebratory jagerbombs had something to do with it?? :redneck

Dolly
12-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Are you suggesting that my 12 celebratory jagerbombs had something to do with it?? :redneckWell, it certainly wasn't the nice, new plasma TV's at McNally's! :tongue:

skottyj242
12-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Well, it certainly wasn't the nice, new plasma TV's at McNally's! :tongue:

McNally's on Pulaski? That place is a dump.

Dolly
12-21-2005, 03:40 PM
McNally's on Pulaski? That place is a dump.No, McNally's on Western. You're thinking of O'Malley's (I get the names confused all the time too!).

skottyj242
12-21-2005, 03:46 PM
No, McNally's on Western. You're thinking of O'Malley's (I get the names confused all the time too!).

I always get McNally's, McDuffy's and O'Malley's confused all the time. I like McNally's, you can have a pizza from Waldo Cooney's delivered there.

haganaga
12-21-2005, 04:00 PM
When it was live, I watched the little boxes move on the computer screen on sportsline.com then went to a bar after work just in time to see el duque work his magic. There was no sound on the TV at the bar. Then last night I was so pissed but laughing at the same time listening to Berman openly root for Boston. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but still. My favorite was the el duque striking out damon & berman yelling, "OH NOOOOOO!" What a tool.

downstairs
12-21-2005, 05:09 PM
When it was live, I watched the little boxes move on the computer screen on sportsline.com then went to a bar after work just in time to see el duque work his magic. There was no sound on the TV at the bar. Then last night I was so pissed but laughing at the same time listening to Berman openly root for Boston. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but still. My favorite was the el duque striking out damon & berman yelling, "OH NOOOOOO!" What a tool.

Heh... yeah, you missed quite a show of emotion from Berman if you didn't listen to that game.

Man... it just got more and more pathetic... I figured he'd be in tears by the 9th.

SoxFan78
12-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Heh... yeah, you missed quite a show of emotion from Berman if you didn't listen to that game.

Man... it just got more and more pathetic... I figured he'd be in tears by the 9th.

Me and the GF were watching last night and as soon as heard the difference between Berman's home run calls for the Red vs. the White and also how there was no emotion on the last out I said "now you know why I hate Chris Berman".

mweflen
12-21-2005, 05:30 PM
am i the only one profoundly disappointed that there are no HD feeds for these games? Or are they coming as we progress higher into the playoffs?

SD SUCKS.

pinwheels3530
12-22-2005, 08:51 AM
am i the only one profoundly disappointed that there are no HD feeds for these games? Or are they coming as we progress higher into the playoffs?

SD SUCKS.

NO, High Definition feed I am assuming because the HD feed cannot be recorded on DVD yet.

Vernam
12-22-2005, 05:25 PM

Man... it just got more and more pathetic... I figured he'd be in tears by the 9th.http://www.nationmaster.com/wikimir/images/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/Chrisberman.jpg/180px-Chrisberman.jpg
OH!!! He gets him to go!!!!!!!!!!

I think that might have to be my new sig.:cool:

The Comcast replay picture looks crappy to me, too. Glad I didn't delete the original Tivo'ed games, though they're eating 4 hours or more each on my hard drive.

Vernam

thomas35forever
12-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Vernam]http://www.nationmaster.com/wikimir/images/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/Chrisberman.jpg/180px-Chrisberman.jpg
OH!!! He gets him to go!!!!!!!!!!

I think that might have to be my new sig.:cool:

Here's Berman thinking to himself after the final out: "Dammit! America's favorite team should've won this series easily! Now Fox is gonna have its ratings dip, especially if they don't play the Yankees. This club has no history and their ballpark is too new. They don't even have a curse on them, so we just gotta make one up. If the Cardinals weren't in the NLCS, I'd just say cancel the rest of the postseason. Oh well. They'll win it all, won't they? It'll save Fox's ratings and future with MLB."