PDA

View Full Version : Preview of Cubs in 2006

itsnotrequired
12-21-2005, 01:59 PM
http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/oracle/discussion/35073/

RallyBowl
12-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Heh heh heh. Next year is gonna be even better than this year.

Joosh
12-21-2005, 02:26 PM
LOL, I remember that game...

BTW, in case anyone didn't know, the Cubs in that game are playing, "The Lovely Ladies."

I appreciate that. That got me laughing. :redneck

PatK
12-21-2005, 02:31 PM
I used to love that game 15 years ago!!!!

And LOL@ that idiot Cub fan saying Jaque Jones doesn't strike out much. He struck out 121 times last year, more than any other Cub (even though Patterson would have wiffed more had he not spent time in the minors).

kittle42
12-21-2005, 02:38 PM
I once pitched a no-hitter with the SNK Crushers' starter against the American Dreams. I consider it my greatest video game accomplishment ever.

mjharrison72
12-21-2005, 02:40 PM
I used to love that game 15 years ago!!!!

And LOL@ that idiot Cub fan saying Jaque Jones doesn't strike out much. He struck out 121 times last year, more than any other Cub (even though Patterson would have wiffed more had he not spent time in the minors).
He's actually had 117 or more K's in three of the last four seasons. At least he's consistent.
And I have to beg that simulation's authenticity... I douby Jones will hit higher than fifth for the flubs next year. If they hit anyone other than Lee-ramirez 3-4, they're morons. Not that that would be news to anyone.

Stoky44
12-21-2005, 03:08 PM
I loved that game. I still play it on my compuuter every once in a while, you can download it on the net. I loved buying the free agents that cost $9,999,999. Back when the game came out that was an outragous amount for a free agent. Now sub .500 pitchers get that kind of money. In that game you were better off trading for another teams top potential guying and putting money into him. It turned out to be cheaper. Wow I just realized how big of a dork I am, talking about hints for 15 year old video games.

daveeym
12-21-2005, 04:07 PM
LOL, I remember that game...

BTW, in case anyone didn't know, the Cubs in that game are playing, "The Lovely Ladies."

I appreciate that. That got me laughing. :redneck Dude don't laugh the Lovely Ladies were solid in Baseball Stars.

CaptainBallz
12-21-2005, 04:25 PM
The Lovely Ladies always had the best "Prestige" rating, which would guarantee packed houses every game (which is what really matters, of course.)
I would always play them on two player mode by myself just so I could rock 'em and get my custom team, "The Headbangers" feat. Jani Lane on leadoff and James Hetfield at cleanup, more money to acquire fresh youg talent like the aforementioned $9,999,999 FA.

Yes, I was quite bored quite often back in the day.

akingamongstmen
12-21-2005, 04:27 PM
I once pitched a no-hitter with the SNK Crushers' starter against the American Dreams. I consider it my greatest video game accomplishment ever.

That is amazing. The American Dreams were loaded.

Stoky44
12-21-2005, 04:40 PM
The Lovely Ladies always had the best "Prestige" rating, which would guarantee packed houses every game (which is what really matters, of course.)
I would always play them on two player mode by myself just so I could rock 'em and get my custom team, "The Headbangers" feat. Jani Lane on leadoff and James Hetfield at cleanup, more money to acquire fresh youg talent like the aforementioned $9,999,999 FA.

Yes, I was quite bored quite often back in the day.

I was right there with you. Another trick was while building your team is to first increase the "Prestige" on your players as well. Even a better way to make more money is to creat a team that you always played against with only prestige, this made the games boring, but with both teams having "full prestige" the winner got $134,000.Then when you got the money you wanted dump the player for a better one. I know I am a huge dork, see my other post in this thread.

jdm2662
12-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Playing against the lovely ladies always got you money. Many people wanted to go out to see those fine ladies, so extra revenue always floated in. Certainly more attractive than a game with the SNK Crushers...