PDA

View Full Version : Grant DePorter Acquires Orlando Palmeiro's Bat

Viva Medias B's
12-20-2005, 09:00 PM
I apologize if someone posted this already.

On the NBC 5 News at 5:00 today, Sun-Times columnist Michael Sneed reported that Grant DePorter of Harry Caray's was the winning bidder for the bat Orlando Palmeiro used when he grounded out to Juan Uribe to end the World Series. Hmmm.

Banix12
12-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Will it be made into food or blown up?

Viva Medias B's
12-20-2005, 09:05 PM
She also put it (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sneed/cst-nws-sneed20.html) in her Sun-Times column today.

Erik The Red
12-20-2005, 09:07 PM
:rolling: that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread.

SOXPHILE
12-20-2005, 11:51 PM

I was thinking along the same lines. Hoo boy...I wonder if sometime in the next couple of months they'll do just that, and somehow tie it in to "breaking the Cubs curse. 2006 is their turn now". I don't know what angle they'll take on it, but I'm sure they will tie it in with the Cubs. Something like it was the bat that was used for the last out in the White Sox World Series clincher, so they'll put it into a tree shredder, and sprinkle the sawdust on spaghetti, and feed it to Cub fans. That way, it's "magic" will transfer to the Cubs, and be inolved in the last out of the 2006 World Series as well, when the Cubs win. Or something dumb like that. I don't know. Never underestimate the stupidity of Cub fans.

Banix12
12-20-2005, 11:56 PM
I was thinking along the same lines. Hoo boy...I wonder if sometime in the next couple of months they'll do just that, and somehow tie it in to "breaking the Cubs curse. 2006 is their turn now". I don't know what angle they'll take on it, but I'm sure they will tie it in with the Cubs. Something like it was the bat that was used for the last out in the White Sox World Series clincher, so they'll put it into a tree shredder, and sprinkle the sawdust on spaghetti, and feed it to Cub fans. That way, it's "magic" will transfer to the Cubs, and be inolved in the last out of the 2006 World Series as well, when the Cubs win. Or something dumb like that. I don't know. Never underestimate the stupidity of Cub fans.

However every time Deporter does one of these stunts he gets hours and hours of free national publicity for the restaurant. Can't really argue with the business aspect and in many ways it is a handy way to take advantage of cub fan stupidity and make a quick buck, and it all gets broadcast on ESPN.

SOXPHILE
12-21-2005, 12:25 AM
However every time Deporter does one of these stunts he gets hours and hours of free national publicity for the restaurant. Can't really argue with the business aspect and in many ways it is a handy way to take advantage of cub fan stupidity and make a quick buck, and it all gets broadcast on ESPN.

Oh yeah, definatly. He sure doesn't underestimate their stupidity. That little saying by P.T. Barnum about suckers being born every minute, and that other old cliche about a fool and his/her money being soon parted, don't apply to anyone more appropriate than Cub fans. I have to give him credit for being able to pull all this stuff off, while at the same time, shaking my head at just how ridiculous Cub fans, and the whole thing, is. I'm also jealous. I wish I could think of stuff like this to aid those of Cub-dumb in being parted from said money, and I would gladly take it from them. I know ! I'll buy some old goats, and make "goat patties", and sell it at inflated prices to Cub fans, telling them it's "breaking the Curse of the Billy Goat"....oh wait.......

Hangar18
12-21-2005, 08:58 AM

Glad I didnt start this thread. But Heck YES, that is exactly what this bozo is going to do, good hindsight Soxphile. Whats amazing is that this clown will use an object that has significance to the WHITE SOX WINNING, and twist it to that other teams objectives, and the Media and Sheep will fall for it hook line and sinker. Dumbest fans in baseball. A member of the media, who wishes to remain unnamed, once remarked how SOX fans always one-step-ahead. I told him for good reason, weve learned to keep our enemies close :cool: Why do you think they like to CHECK OUR TOPICS? :cool:

Iwritecode
12-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Glad I didnt start this thread. But Heck YES, that is exactly what this bozo is going to do, good hindsight Soxphile. Whats amazing is that this clown will use an object that has significance to the WHITE SOX WINNING, and twist it to that other teams objectives, and the Media and Sheep will fall for it hook line and sinker. Dumbest fans in baseball. A member of the media, who wishes to remain unnamed, once remarked how SOX fans always one-step-ahead. I told him for good reason, weve learned to keep our enemies close :cool: Why do you think they like to CHECK OUR TOPICS? :cool:

There's another thread on this in the clubhouse. It says that the buyer is planning on displaying it, not destroying it.

Like all the other Sox memoribila they have in there...

daveeym
12-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Glad I didnt start this thread. But Heck YES, that is exactly what this bozo is going to do, good hindsight Soxphile. Whats amazing is that this clown will use an object that has significance to the WHITE SOX WINNING, and twist it to that other teams objectives, and the Media and Sheep will fall for it hook line and sinker. Dumbest fans in baseball. A member of the media, who wishes to remain unnamed, once remarked how SOX fans always one-step-ahead. I told him for good reason, weve learned to keep our enemies close :cool: Why do you think they like to CHECK OUR TOPICS? :cool: I doubt it. It's Harry Carry's not Cub Carry's. I know they cater to the flub fans a lot but Harry did happen to work on the South Side for some time. I bet their spin is something along the lines of "it's Chicago history and we wanted it to stay in Chicago."

cheeses_h_rice
12-21-2005, 11:06 AM
There's another thread on this in the clubhouse. It says that the buyer is planning on displaying it, not destroying it.

IWC, I think I need to send you another case of this, so that you too can think like Hangar:

http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/93844/200.jpg

slavko
12-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Hmmmmm.....Dusty hasn't sprinkled anything in the outfield for a while......this could be a voodoo opportunity.

Hangar18
12-21-2005, 11:47 AM

Everytime I walk in that place, I always do a double-take and think im in the **** hall-of-fame

zach23
12-21-2005, 12:05 PM
I just now noticed that the mods must have added cubs to the language filters. :D:
Excellent move.

edit > or maybe not.

miker
12-21-2005, 12:38 PM
If they really want to break the "Cubbie" curse, each Cub fan should take the "last out of World Series" bat in their hands and hit themselves in the head...hard!

Dick Allen
12-21-2005, 01:48 PM
If they really want to break the "Cubbie" curse, each Cub fan should take the "last out of World Series" bat in their hands and hit themselves in the head...hard!That would do significant brain damage if they had any.