PDA

View Full Version : Forget Texas - they just got Eaton...

Tragg
12-20-2005, 06:48 PM
from the padres. This should give us a guage on what Garland is worth,as Eaton was also in his last contract year and isn't as good as Garland, even if you exclude 2005 from Garland's resume.

Eaton and Otsuka for Chris Young, Adrian Gonzales and Terrmel Sledge.

I'm sure a minior league expert can fill us in on the young talent exhanged.

jerrykrause4pres
12-20-2005, 07:11 PM
I don't think that necessarily means that they wouldnt want Garland....from what it seems they didn't give up too much major league ready talent (Isn't Chris Young the freaky 6'10'' inch guy?)...They still have alot on their roster to give up, so I wouldn't be surprised if Texas tries to make a run at Garland. They are trying to get all the pitching they can get, so keep an eye on them still.

Tragg
12-20-2005, 07:16 PM
I don't think that necessarily means that they wouldnt want Garland....from what it seems they didn't give up too much major league ready talent (Isn't Chris Young the freaky 6'10'' inch guy?)...They still have alot on their roster to give up, so I wouldn't be surprised if Texas tries to make a run at Garland. They are trying to get all the pitching they can get, so keep an eye on them still.
You may be right. But this would give them 2 pitchers under 1 year contracts. I would guess they'll sign a F/A.

Banix12
12-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Adam Eaton does not a pitching staff make, especially since they lost their best starter in Rogers to free agency and just traded the one young talent they had that could keep an ERA under 5 in Chris Young. The sorry state of the Texas rotation is so bad that Chris Young was likely penciled in as the #1 or at least #2 starter before this trade.

They are still interested in adding starting pitching so it doesn't rule out a trade for Garland, but I still don't see much on the Texas Roster in the way of major league ready players the sox can use this year.

I'm looking for them to make some sort of run at Millwood.

Edit: I actually don't really get this trade. Eaton is older and coming off an injury plagued season and he is a free agent after this season. Young is younger, healthy and signed through the next two years. I need to know more about this rookie that the Rangers are getting.