Cast your vote above and keep it civil.

chisoxmike
12-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks Wilkes.

Hangar18
12-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks Wilkes. You forgot the date FRIDAY 12/23 9pm on ------------

You forgot this choice, also downtown, Halsted & Monroe

Dugans (you can park across the street for small fee)

whitesoxwilkes
12-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Thanks Wilkes. You forgot the date FRIDAY 12/23 9pm on ------------

You forgot this choice, also downtown, Halsted & Monroe

Dugans (you can park across the street for small fee)

Fixed.

If it ends up at Dugan's, I'll swing by possibly since I can spit there from my house.

steff
12-20-2005, 08:23 PM
So you wont go to Lizzy's Mike?

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-20-2005, 08:34 PM
I'll do what I can to be there...but sounds great!!

chisoxmike
12-20-2005, 08:43 PM

I'll go anywhere.

EDIT: Oops, the other Mike.

whitesoxwilkes
12-20-2005, 09:54 PM

Depends. I love the place, but Friday night is the only night we have to ourselves for Xmas weekend. Dugan's is so close there's no reason not to go.

:bandance:

DumpJerry
12-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Is Fenway in town? He voted. If he is not in town, his vote should not count. Anyone who will be out of town should not have their vote count since they won't be there.

Steff, why are you so set on Lizzie's?

JorgeFabregas
12-20-2005, 10:05 PM
So, I had the urge to vote arbitrarily because I like to vote in polls, but I don't think I'll be going. It should be noted, possibly, that you shouldn't vote if you're not planning on going so you don't screw up the logistics for people that are.

Edit: I see DumpJerry beat me to it.

ChiSoxGirl
12-20-2005, 10:07 PM
My vote went to Puffers. As someone who drives in from the northwest suburbs, I find the parking at Puffers to be WAY better and MUCH cheaper (how can you beat a quarter for two hours- only until 9p?!) than anywhere downtown. Not to mention, Bridgeport won't be near as crowded as downtown the day before Christmas Eve!

Brian26
12-20-2005, 10:35 PM

He'll go. A cab ride over to his swank pad is only 5 minutes. :D:

IronFisk
12-20-2005, 11:32 PM
My vote went to Puffers. As someone who drives in from the northwest suburbs, I find the parking at Puffers to be WAY better and MUCH cheaper (how can you beat a quarter for two hours- only until 9p?!) than anywhere downtown. Not to mention, Bridgeport won't be near as crowded as downtown the day before Christmas Eve!
Amen sister! Parking is cheap, the neighborhood is SAFE, and the atmosphere is awesome! Oh yeah, food seems to appear out of nowhere :redneck

JohnBasedowYoda
12-21-2005, 12:32 AM
i'd like very much to go, but i'll reserve voting until i know i can make it.

it'd be nice to see you guys again (i don't remember much from CotC)

steff
12-21-2005, 05:56 AM

It's better than Puffers.

steff
12-21-2005, 05:57 AM
Amen sister! Parking is cheap, the neighborhood is SAFE, and the atmosphere is awesome! Oh yeah, food seems to appear out of nowhere :redneck

McClurg Court isn't safe..? :rolleyes:

DumpJerry
12-21-2005, 07:34 AM
McClurg Court isn't safe..? :rolleyes:
Nope. The police station was torn down.

DumpJerry
12-21-2005, 07:37 AM
It's better than Puffers.
How? What makes one bar better than another? If it's the people, then Puffer's wins hands down-it's full of Sox fans. Lizzie's is a hotel bar, full of out of towners and transplants who don't want to live in a real Chicago neighborhood.

Your sales pitch needs more substance to close the sale. Would you buy a car from a manufacturer who claims that they are better than one of their competitors or the manufacturer who tells you how it is that their product is great and pretty much ignores the competition? I go with the one who tells me about the positive attributes of their product. I can decide on my own which company makes better cars or seek counsel from a neutral third party.

Deuce
12-21-2005, 07:53 AM
How? What makes one bar better than another? If it's the people, then Puffer's wins hands down-it's full of Sox fans. Lizzie's is a hotel bar, full of out of towners and transplants who don't want to live in a real Chicago neighborhood.

It certainly can't be the parking.Lizzies is a bigger place, has better beer selection, is owned by a fellow WSIer, is cleaner, in a more centralized location... you know, all the usual stuff that makes one bar better than another.

By the way, what kind of a reason is "it's full of Sox fans?" Whatever bar we decide upon is going to will be full of Sox fans. Us.

Deuce

DumpJerry
12-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Lizzies is a bigger place, has better beer selection, is owned by a fellow WSIer, is cleaner, in a more centralized location... you know, all the usual stuff that makes one bar better than another.

By the way, what kind of a reason is "it's full of Sox fans?" Whatever bar we decide upon is going to will be full of Sox fans. Us.

Deuce
We still don't know who is the WSIer who owns the place. That could influence peoples' decision. Why the mystery? Is it WSJ or Inta?
On a day-in and day-out basis, I'm betting that Puffer's has more Sox fans than Lizzie's. Lizzie's is in a tourist area, how many Sox fans are going to get there?

spawn
12-21-2005, 08:07 AM
Who cares what WSIer owns the place? It doesn't affect my decision one way or the other. I've never been to either bar, but from what Duece is describing, my vote goes to Lizzie's. I'm already downtown, so it's more convenient for me. And why does this have to turn into a debate of which bar is better than the other?

Hangar18
12-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Lizzies is a bigger place, has better beer selection, is owned by a fellow WSIer, is cleaner, in a more centralized location... you know, all the usual stuff that makes one bar better than another.

Deuce

Bigger Bar - Lizzies is bigger. thats a plus. But Dugans is very big too.

Better Beer Selection - at Lizzies? that might be, but thats the thing that sets PUFFERS apart in Bridgeport, is their selection of beers too. If anyone looked at the beer menu above the bar, you'd see some very quirky beers up there.

Central Location - Puffers loses if this is a big category determing a bar. Lizzies is "central" but is tucked away unconveniently in the River East/Streeterville with Absolutely Positively NO PARKING. If anyone is familiar with the HYATT REGENCY (where SOX FEST is) Lizzies bar is very closeby across the river.

I just wish the owner of LIZZIES would get in touch with me to dispute any of this .....

ChiSoxGirl
12-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Central Location - ...If anyone is familiar with the HYATT REGENCY (where SOX FEST is) Lizzies bar is very closeby across the river.

That's where it is?! You're right... absolutely, positively, NO parking! My vote still goes to Puffers.

Deuce
12-21-2005, 08:45 AM
We still don't know who is the WSIer who owns the place. That could influence peoples' decision. Why the mystery?No clue. In the same sense, I don't see how it would change anyone's influence. He's a Sox fan, after all.

On a day-in and day-out basis, I'm betting that Puffer's has more Sox fans than Lizzie's. Lizzie's is in a tourist area, how many Sox fans are going to get there?Ok, but why should this motivate anyone one way or the other. I don't go to bars in the hopes of being surrounded by strangers who happen to be Sox fans, unless there is a game on. This gathering is for the WSI crowd. Whoever else is there is unimportant to me.

Bigger Bar - Lizzies is bigger. thats a plus. But Dugans is very big too.

Better Beer Selection - at Lizzies? that might be, but thats the thing that sets PUFFERS apart in Bridgeport, is their selection of beers too. If anyone looked at the beer menu above the bar, you'd see some very quirky beers up there.

Central Location - Puffers loses if this is a big category determing a bar. Lizzies is "central" but is tucked away unconveniently in the River East/Streeterville with Absolutely Positively NO PARKING. If anyone is familiar with the HYATT REGENCY (where SOX FEST is) Lizzies bar is very closeby across the river.

I just wish the owner of LIZZIES would get in touch with me to dispute any of this .....Dispute what? You agree, and I doubt anyone would contest that Dugans and Lizzies are larger than Puffers, Lizzies and Puffers have a large beer selection, and Lizzies is in a centralized location but the street parking is nill. What is there to dispute?

Personally, I would suggest Dugans because of it's local and familiarity. However, if the decision falls between patronizing a WSI member's establishment and going to a bar I've been to a ton of times, I would go with Lizzies.

Deuce

ChicagoHoosier
12-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Really want to meet you guys, but heading to Indy to see some family. Maybe an Opening Day tailgate for WSI?

kittle42
12-21-2005, 09:15 AM
So many good points are made in this thread. Central location should be the key. We're coming from all over. As spawn said, downtown's more convenient for him, as it is for me. If it's at Lizzie's, or maybe even Dugan's, I'll go. If not, I probably won't, sadly, only because I have other people to meet later that night and don't want the long trek up from Bridgeport. (Also, I think the poll should be consolidated to be just Puffers vs. one of the other two, but that's just me)

The last thing that should be the decision is "what type of people are at the bar." Who cares - the type of people there is us! We're the ones with the huge group going!

This territoriality stuff, thinly-veiled and not-so-thinly-veiled, by the way, is ridiculous.

cheeses_h_rice
12-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Oh well, at least we have a consensus.

Hangar18
12-21-2005, 09:37 AM
So many good points are made in this thread. Central location should be the key. We're coming from all over. As spawn said, downtown's more convenient for him, as it is for me. If it's at Lizzie's, or maybe even Dugan's, I'll go. If not, I probably won't, sadly, only because I have other people to meet later that night and don't want the long trek up from Bridgeport. (Also, I think the poll should be consolidated to be just Puffers vs. one of the other two, but that's just me)

The last thing that should be the decision is "what type of people are at the bar." Who cares - the type of people there is us! We're the ones with the huge group going!

This territoriality stuff, thinly-veiled and not-so-thinly-veiled, by the way, is ridiculous.

And there we have it. The decisive post has been cast ...........
The 2005 WSI Unofficial Holiday Celebration
Members of the Chicago Media are welcome
Friday 12/23, 9pm on .............
DUGANS
128 S. Halsted, Chicago
312-421-7191

There is ample street parking, and a Pay Lot available across the street.

Special Guest TBD
Mass Live Toast by wsi/sox fans celebrating Championship
Special unveiling at 11 pm
and lots of other tomfoolery and shenanigans

Deuce
12-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Special Guest TBD:woo-woo

"I'd hate to woo-woo ruin the surprise, but it's me!"

ChiSoxGirl
12-21-2005, 10:02 AM
So here's my question: why conduct a poll to see where people want to go for the party when someone's post has decided the location? According to the poll's results, Puffers has a 20-17 lead on Lizzie McNeill's and Dugan's is last in the rankings.... :?:

Hangar18
12-21-2005, 10:09 AM
So here's my question: why conduct a poll to see where people want to go for the party when someone's post has decided the location? According to the poll's results, Puffers has a 20-17 lead on Lizzie McNeill's and Dugan's is last in the rankings.... :?:

It was the lesser of 2 evils. The thing that tipped the scales was
LOCATION. Seeing Lizzies and Dugans were in the downtown area,
Dugans you can park at, Lizzies unfortuneately unless your staying at the hotel, you cannot.

kittle42
12-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Dugans you can park at, Lizzies unfortuneately unless your staying at the hotel, you cannot.

This is why no one should drive in Chicago. :cool:

voodoochile
12-21-2005, 11:29 AM
That's where it is?! You're right... absolutely, positively, NO parking! My vote still goes to Puffers.

There are actually a fair number of meters over that way and after 6:00 they open up as the working people go home. Also most parking lots lower their rates to encourage people to come to the neighborhood. No, I don't own Lizzies, but things change after dark downtown. Parking is not as hard to come by as people think and bars and restaurants get slower downtown as Xmas approaches because people are hanging out with family and more families live in the suburbs and other neighborhoods. I ain't flying in for the party, so I ain't voting, but parking won't be as big of an issue as people are making it out to be. Heck downtown you can park for free on many streets between 6PM and 6AM.

Palehose13
12-21-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm still a little undecided because I have to see if I have a place to crash. I think I might, but either way it doesn't really matter...I just need to know where to go so I can have directions before I leave Milwaukee (if I do go).

patbooyah
12-21-2005, 11:36 AM
DUGANS
128 S. Halsted, Chicago
312-421-7191

There is ample street parking, and a Pay Lot available across the street.

Special Guest TBD
Mass Live Toast by wsi/sox fans celebrating Championship
Special unveiling at 11 pm
and lots of other tomfoolery and shenanigans

can anybody argue with a color scheme like that?! i think not!

chisoxmike
12-21-2005, 11:39 AM
can anybody argue with a color scheme like that?! i think not!

it's very festive!:gulp:

Hangar18
12-21-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm still a little undecided because I have to see if I have a place to crash. I think I might, but either way it doesn't really matter...I just need to know where to go so I can have directions before I leave Milwaukee (if I do go).

You can always crash in my spare bedroom/office/SoxShrine!

steff
12-21-2005, 12:02 PM

Why do you keep saying this? It's bull****.

steff
12-21-2005, 12:04 PM

Your sales pitch needs more substance to close the sale. Would you buy a car from a manufacturer who claims that they are better than one of their competitors or the manufacturer who tells you how it is that their product is great and pretty much ignores the competition? I go with the one who tells me about the positive attributes of their product. I can decide on my own which company makes better cars or seek counsel from a neutral third party.

My sales pitch doesn't need anything more then I like it better. You don't. End of story. But from your comment that it's a hotel bar tells me you don't know anything about it.

Jerko
12-21-2005, 12:10 PM
I might come to this party just to see Steff kick some ass.

HITMEN OF 77
12-21-2005, 12:10 PM
This has turned into a very interesting thread, for an out of towner like myself to read. :D: Wish I coulc be there.

chisoxmike
12-21-2005, 12:12 PM
:cleo
"Man, I have a feein' there will be three different gatherings."

:duel: :duel: :duel:

spawn
12-21-2005, 12:15 PM
:thumbsup: :roflmao:

voodoochile
12-21-2005, 12:18 PM

Better get there before the 6th cosmo goes down then...

:drunken: <-------Steff on the right after number 6 :D:

Dan Mega
12-21-2005, 12:19 PM
"Man, I have a feein' there will be three different gatherings."

Make that 4 if anyone is heading to Vaughn's near Sheffield & Diversey. :D:

Palehose13
12-21-2005, 12:20 PM

Notice that she doesn't stay down long and is STILL drinking when she is down. :wink:

steff
12-21-2005, 12:23 PM

Oh Voodoo.. that is soooo 2 years ago. :tongue:

voodoochile
12-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Notice that she doesn't stay down long and is STILL drinking when she is down. :wink:

Yep, that's steff...:D:

steff
12-21-2005, 12:24 PM

LMAO... you got that right!!!:D:

voodoochile
12-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Oh Voodoo.. that is soooo 2 years ago. :tongue:

Yeah, but what a night and I never could resist a straight line. I actually think you get feistier when your knees no longer support you...:tongue:

steff
12-21-2005, 12:27 PM

Naa, that ain't gonna happen. Different strokes for different folks.

I've seen Henry's Christmas act.. it's tired.

Bryan invited me to Lizzy's and I had a blast and was treated extremely well by the owner and workers there. Puffers has never gone above and beyond anything. Jimbo's has treated Jim and I better. My choice. No one else has to like it.

steff
12-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah, but what a night and I never could resist a straight line. I actually think you get feistier when your knees no longer support you...:tongue:

Jim says the same thing... :redface:

And yes.. that was some night.

zach23
12-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Make that 4 if anyone is heading to Vaughn's near Sheffield & Diversey. :D:

I'm going to have my own here at home.
Since I work from home, I am having my own office Chrismas party tomorrow. It will be me, by 16 month old son, and my sister-in-law. Gonna order some pizza and I bought snacks at Jewel. I may as well just spin that right into my own White Sox holiday party Friday night.
It is getting close to the point where I only leave the house to go to Sox games. I work at home, have most things delivered (I order dog food from Petco online to get money through Upromise), and even the girl who cuts my hair comes to the house.
If anyone wants to come to my party I will be here inside my germ free bubble. :D:

Hangar18
12-21-2005, 12:44 PM
I've seen Henry's Christmas act.. it's tired.

???????????????? :o:

DumpJerry
12-21-2005, 12:47 PM
???????????????? :o:
Don't worry Henry, she's on a roll and taking no prisoners. She tried to slam me too, but the bullets bounced off me.

However, I have a question for you: Why did you pick Dugan's when it is dead last in the poll and Puffer's is in the lead? Puffer's and Dugan's are a 10 minute drive from each other on Halsted, it seems that during the offseason some people forget that Comiskey is closer to downtown than Cub fans would like to admit.

Hangar18
12-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Don't worry Henry, she's on a roll and taking no prisoners. She tried to slam me too, but the bullets bounced off me.

However, I have a question for you: Why did you pick Dugan's when it is dead last in the poll and Puffer's is in the lead? Puffer's and Dugan's are a 10 minute drive from each other on Halsted, it seems that during the offseason some people forget that Comiskey is closer to downtown than Cub fans would like to admit.

I was trying to appease those who wanted a downtown location. Dugans is the best of both worlds, technically still a South-Side bar, and still downtown for everyone to get to. I guess Steff still wont make it :rolleyes:

DumpJerry
12-21-2005, 01:10 PM
I was trying to appease those who wanted a downtown location. Dugans is the best of both worlds, technically still a South-Side bar, and still downtown for everyone to get to. I guess Steff still wont make it :rolleyes:
Jen and I have been PMing each other about Friday. She was not sure about Dugan's location and what type of place it is (suburbanites!). I gave her information.

I might wind up stopping in at Dugan's and Puffer's that night. I cannot afford to stop in at Lizzie's, I have a mortgage, office rent, health insurance, self-employment taxes, student loans, and a White Sox season ticket package to pay.:(:

Hangar18
12-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Jen and I have been PMing each other about Friday. She was not sure about Dugan's location and what type of place it is (suburbanites!). I gave her information.

I might wind up stopping in at Dugan's and Puffer's that night. I cannot afford to stop in at Lizzie's, I have a mortgage, office rent, health insurance, self-employment taxes, student loans, and a White Sox season ticket package to pay.:(:

Dugans has an Irish pub, but downtown feel to it. A lot of SOX fans who live downtown watch the games there ............

skottyj242
12-21-2005, 01:17 PM
I voted for Dugans just because I didn't want to offend anyone. Is there anything we can do about the time? Why so late? I'm changing my vote....Lottie's in Bucktown.

chisoxmike
12-21-2005, 01:19 PM
I might wind up stopping in at Dugan's and Puffer's that night.

I may end up doing the same thing.

The fact is that we'd all love to have this thing by the bar down the street from each of our houses, fact is, it isn't going to happen. Everyone is going to have to travel; driving or taking public transportation.

Deuce
12-21-2005, 01:40 PM
What I need to do is open a bar called Dufferlies in the downtown area with lots of parking, an extensive beer selection, Sox fans, and a cowbell. Man, would life be a breeze if I could pull that off. :redneck

kittle42
12-21-2005, 01:41 PM
This thread is close to degenerating into a childish, territorial pissing contest, if it hasn't already.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

IronFisk
12-21-2005, 01:43 PM
DUGANS
128 S. Halsted, Chicago
312-421-7191

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/truman.jpg

skottyj242
12-21-2005, 01:48 PM
territorial pissing

Great Nirvana song.

IronFisk
12-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Bryan invited me to Lizzy's and I had a blast and was treated extremely well by the owner and workers there. Puffers has never gone above and beyond anything. Jimbo's has treated Jim and I better. My choice. No one else has to like it.
For what it's worth, I attended Puffers for five playoff games, and from my perspective, all those in the bar were treated very well, and to my knowledge, there was free food on many occasions - unless I mooched :P

Above nice treatment, what else has Lizzy's done - open bar? If that's the case, HELL YA I'll be there :)

chisoxmike
12-21-2005, 01:53 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/truman.jpg

nice

zach23
12-21-2005, 02:15 PM
This thread is close to degenerating into a childish, territorial pissing contest, if it hasn't already.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Would that be the time I could chime in that I was born and raised in Bridgeport and remember when Puffers was just some storefront on Halsted and the best bar in Bridgeport was the "Hi Spot". You could walk across the street to get a hot dog from Mike.
Now I am just a snobby suburbanite who is afraid of the neighborhood.

If you want a real South Side, Bridgeport experience, have the party at Matches and Ann's on Loomis and Lyman.

whitesoxwilkes
12-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Dugans has an Irish pub, but downtown feel to it. A lot of SOX fans who live downtown watch the games there ............

In fact, I watched game 4 of the World Series there.

So it's my Puffer's, damnit!

cheeses_h_rice
12-21-2005, 03:03 PM
I have a potential compromise location that should please us all:

http://users.ev1.net/%7Escoops/Cubby%20Bear%20wrigley%20CCCC%20Cardens.jpg

Palehose13
12-21-2005, 03:07 PM
That's it...forget the original 3 options because y'all can't come to a decision. We will now be meeting at Walker's Pint on 2nd and National in Milwaukee. Everyone can crash at my house afterwards. :cool:

chisoxmike
12-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Is this x-mas party thing like this every year?

voodoochile
12-21-2005, 03:19 PM
That's it...forget the original 3 options because y'all can't come to a decision. We will now be meeting at Walker's Pint on 2nd and National in Milwaukee. Everyone can crash at my house afterwards. :cool:

You realize that you just invited 8K people (and in theory their significant others) to come crash at your house? :wink:

Jerko
12-21-2005, 03:19 PM

No. Everybody was less picky and snooty before the Sox won the World Series.

Palehose13
12-21-2005, 03:21 PM
You realize that you just invited 8K people (and in theory their significant others) to come crash at your house? :wink:

Absolutely. It'll be a little cramped. Let's see...1500 sq ft/16000 people...as long as we can all fit into .09375 sq. ft. we'll have plenty of room. :D:

voodoochile
12-21-2005, 03:22 PM

No, the WSI party phenommenon only really took off after core of the core and the playoffs.

I remember the first Xmas party. Me Hangar and a few other posters who had like 10 posts. It was not a big deal.

That followed the Soxfest gathering earlier that year when people really just met for the first time. I think the next gathering for a game at BW3 had like 15 of us for a mid sesson game in 2003.

skottyj242
12-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Absolutely. It'll be a little cramped. Let's see...1500 sq ft/16000 people...as long as we can all fit into .09375 sq. ft. we'll have plenty of room. :D:

I'll have to think thin but I'm pretty sure I can manage.

voodoochile
12-21-2005, 03:24 PM

That's a square of carpet 4" on a side roughly. I am not going to be able to get that small. :tongue:

Palehose13
12-21-2005, 03:32 PM
That's a square of carpet 4" on a side roughly. I am not going to be able to get that small. :tongue:

Well, I think it's safe to assume that 16,000 people won't show up. :wink:

Jerko
12-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Too bad we couldn't rent out the Stadium Club. GREAT parties up there but VERY costly. :(:

Hangar18
12-21-2005, 03:40 PM
That's it...forget the original 3 options because y'all can't come to a decision.

HEH HHEHEH, thats why I had to make an Executive Decision and Declare DUGANS as the winner :cool:

voodoochile
12-21-2005, 03:47 PM
HEH HHEHEH, thats why I had to make an Executive Decision and Declare DUGANS as the winner :cool:

Why do I think if KW or JR did something similar, we would get a 4 page tinfoil hat thread from you telling us how they just don't listen to the fans...

:hangar18:

"Damnit! I cannot believe KW gave away perrenial fan favorite Carlos Lee for that loser Pods! How can they not want to resign the loved by all Magglio? What the ****? I mean seriously, the payroll continues to decrease except for the millions of extra dollars they are spending to keep a WS championship team together. Oh and what about Frank? Don't get me started on the Frank situation..."

:)

miker
12-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Well, I think it's safe to assume that 16,000 people won't show up. :wink:
I dunno...1001 people "voted" to have the party in Milwaukee!:?:

voodoochile
12-21-2005, 03:53 PM

Another Chicago tradition gone to Wisconsin...

maurice
12-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Interesting that Henry suggested a poll and then promptly ignored the results of the poll.
:rolleyes:

Last year, we just went to Jimbo's X-Mas party. There was a decent WSI-related turnout (10-20 people?), cheap bottles of Miller Lite, and free food. This year, some folks seem to be picky re. various neighborhoods / bar owners and wackiness ensued.
:?:

Jerko
12-21-2005, 03:55 PM

That's because they think PH13 will do another alps-first snow-angel! (stolen from the stupid dare thread). :o:

steff
12-21-2005, 03:58 PM
I guess Steff still wont make it :rolleyes:

I said days ago we would not be going to that place... you must have missed it preaching that bull**** of yours.

maurice
12-21-2005, 04:00 PM
PH13 might live in Cheeseland, but she's from the South Side, so she knows how to "vote early and vote often."
:gulp:

steff
12-21-2005, 04:02 PM

Drama, drama, drama.... :rolleyes:

I did no such thing.

steff
12-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Why do I think if KW or JR did something similar, we would get a 4 page tinfoil hat thread from you telling us how they just don't listen to the fans...

:wink:

Hangar18
............. you must have missed it preaching that bull**** of yours.

What the ...........:?:

Palehose13
PH13 might live in Cheeseland, but she's from the South Side, so she knows how to "vote early and vote often."
:gulp:

Absolutely. I did it to get a laugh out of some of yous (kittle42...I'm kidding, don't have a heart attack). It was getting too serious here. However, you would have to come to Milwaukee for frosted alps. :cool:

spawn
12-21-2005, 04:06 PM
I've never met any of you people, but judging from this thread I can tell I'll get along with most of you!:D:

Palehose13
12-21-2005, 04:07 PM
I've never met any of you people, but judging from this thread I can tell I'll get along with most of you!:D:

It's like one big dysfunctional family. :D:

chisoxmike
12-21-2005, 04:09 PM

You got that right.

spawn
12-21-2005, 04:09 PM
LOL! I expect it to be this contentious for Christmas. My wife's family will be over for dinner, and from what she's told me about past holiday get togethers...:o:

SouthSide_HitMen
12-21-2005, 04:45 PM

How about the Safe House in Milwaukee? White Sox Army will be impressed.

http://www.safe-house.com/mainmenu.cfm

soxwon
12-21-2005, 04:51 PM
walkers pint is way ahead.
where is it at?

soxwon
12-21-2005, 04:53 PM
milwaukee- count me out way to far to go drinking at.
when will a decision be made?

kittle42
12-21-2005, 05:02 PM

It has been. We're all meeting in Milwaukee. I look forward to seeing everyone.

mweflen
12-21-2005, 05:02 PM
so is there really going to be a get together, or has this idea been shot down by the poll-editing powers that be?

DumpJerry
12-21-2005, 05:03 PM
It has been. We're all meeting in Milwaukee. I look forward to seeing everyone.
Is there free parking in Milwaukee? I won't go unless I can save $$ on parking.

chisoxmike
12-21-2005, 05:03 PM
so is there really going to be a get together, or has this idea been shot down by the poll-editing powers that be?

There will probably be a gathering at each of the places listed in the polls. Bar hop at your own will.
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
:drunken::drunken::drunken::drunken:

Palehose13
12-21-2005, 05:08 PM

The Milwaukee location is a joke. If you notice that I am the only one who voted for it. However, I will be there around 6:30 tonight if anyone wants to stop by. :wink:

edit: My bad. I guess soxwon and otis want to party with me in Mil-town.

IronFisk
12-21-2005, 05:17 PM

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/letsgetsmall.jpg

IronFisk
12-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Let me do the honors on this, a most dysFUNctional holiday post!

:tomatoaward

HITMEN OF 77
12-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Maybe we should just have a "Holiday Party" at Soxfest on Friday or Saturday night in the Atrium Bar. That way we will all be in the same place. Just a thought for those of us who can't make it this weekend but will be in town for Soxfest.

DenverSock
12-21-2005, 07:34 PM
To all, wish I could be there, obviously can't. Please hoist a few for me!:gulp::supernana::gulp::supernana::gulp:
:redface::redface::supernana::drunken::drunken:

chisoxmike
12-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Maybe we should just have a "Holiday Party" at Soxfest on Friday or Saturday night in the Atrium Bar. That way we will all be in the same place. Just a thought for those of us who can't make it this weekend but will be in town for Soxfest.

Well, then, there are those people like me who don't have SoxFest tix.:(:

HITMEN OF 77
12-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Well, then, there are those people like me who don't have SoxFest tix.:(:

You don't have to have Soxfest tickets to get into the bar at night.

Brian26
12-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Maybe we should just have a "Holiday Party" at Soxfest on Friday or Saturday night in the Atrium Bar.

Now that the "secret of the Atrium Bar" is out, I think the experience on a whole is a lot less enjoyable, if even tolerable. Last year the place was so packed that it was almost impossible to even get in. Three years ago (Jan 2003), we stood there and had a conversation with Rich Dotson and Borchard for an hour and nobody even bothered us.

whitesoxwilkes
12-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Now that the "secret of the Atrium Bar" is out, I think the experience on a whole is a lot less enjoyable, if even tolerable. Last year the place was so packed that it was almost impossible to even get in. Three years ago (Jan 2003), we stood there and had a conversation with Rich Dotson and Borchard for an hour and nobody even bothered us.

Agreed. There's a reason we're in Paris for Soxfest this year!

Bobbo35
12-21-2005, 09:35 PM
So where is the party going to be at? Any executive decision?

Deuce
12-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Agreed. There's a reason we're in Paris for Soxfest this year!Paris, Illinois is beautiful that time of year. Though if you want my suggestion, I would wait until September instead. The Bumblebee Festival is to die for!!!

http://www.ci.paris.il.us/images/honeybeefestival.gif

Deuce

IronFisk
12-21-2005, 11:00 PM

Over 10,000 votes for Walkers - hard to argue.

Hangar18
12-22-2005, 08:37 AM

Ummmmmmmmmm, Party is at DUGANS 12/23 8pm -------------
128 S Halsted Chicago, 312-421-7191

Hangar18
12-22-2005, 08:42 AM

YES, its been made. People want to go to a bar thats downtown
SO DUGANS IT IS.

Friday 12/23 8pm--------
DUGANS
128 S Halsted
Chicago/Greektown
312-421-7191

Ample parking available. Dugans is on Halsted near Monroe. Pay Parking is available right across the street. There will be Free Pizza
(while Supplies Last) at 6pm. Dugans is a very SOX friendly bar downtown.

steff
12-22-2005, 09:06 AM

No worries Brian... a new location has been suggested so that will likely change.

Hangar18
12-22-2005, 09:10 AM
No worries Brian... a new location has been suggested so that will likely change.

SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, dont let the word get out

Jerko
12-22-2005, 09:30 AM
SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, dont let the word get out

Hangar, are you and Steff going to be at the opener, or are you both headlining Wrestlemania 22 that night? :smile:

Hangar18
12-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Hangar, are you and Steff going to be at the opener, or are you both headlining Wrestlemania 22 that night? :smile:

I love all SOX Fans :D:

Hangar18
12-22-2005, 09:55 AM

The Party at SOXFEST will be called SOXFEST POST PARTY.
Holiday Party will be called HOLIDAY BASH

zach23
12-22-2005, 10:08 AM

I don't like those names. There should be another poll to officially name the parties.

zach61
12-22-2005, 10:15 AM

So which weekend will the SOXFEST POST PARTY be? I can't make it the weekend right afterwards cause of the superbowl, and I have plans already for that Friday and Saturday nite too. Or will everybody just meet Sunday night then? Just asking because wouldn't a "post" party be held after the event is over and not during?

DenverSock
12-22-2005, 10:25 AM
I love all SOX Fans :D:

Even Me?!!

HITMEN OF 77
12-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Three years ago (Jan 2003), we stood there and had a conversation with Rich Dotson and Borchard for an hour and nobody even bothered us.

Last year at Soxfest, we talked with Borchard for an hour, since there was nobody in line to get his autograph.

voodoochile
12-22-2005, 10:37 AM
I don't like those names. There should be another poll to officially name the parties.

Why, Hangar's just going to ignore the results and name them whatever he wants to anyway...

ondafarm
12-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Is Fenway in town? He voted. If he is not in town, his vote should not count. Anyone who will be out of town should not have their vote count since they won't be there.

In the finest Chicago tradition, any and all votes should count. Heck, vote multiple times !!! Vote for your dead grandmother !!!

voodoochile
12-22-2005, 10:42 AM
In the finest Chicago tradition, any and all votes should count. Heck, vote multiple times !!! Vote for your dead grandmother !!!

I think a party on someone's dead grandmother would definitely dampen that holiday spirit...

zach23
12-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Why, Hangar's just going to ignore the results and name them whatever he wants to anyway...

Yeah, but all the insanity isn't as entertaining unless it is done in the usual manner.

zach23
12-22-2005, 10:45 AM
I think a party on someone's dead grandmother would definitely dampen that holiday spirit...

Unless she died from being run over by a reindeer.

voodoochile
12-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Unless she died from being run over by a reindeer.

:DavidLetterman:

"Good Night everybody...":D:

BeefyD
12-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Can't say us Sox fans don't have a sense of humor. This thread is hilarious!

ondafarm
12-22-2005, 01:29 PM

"When in doubt, tage her out !!!"

DenverSock
12-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Can't say us Sox fans don't have a sense of humor. This thread is hilarious!

How'd you think we survived all the lean times and big disppointments like '83?

Deuce
12-23-2005, 06:02 AM
How'd you think we survived all the lean times and big disppointments like '83?
:prozac and :beer

DenverSock
12-23-2005, 10:38 AM
:prozac and :beer

To each his own, but it does look like I'd want to be invited to your parties.

:wink:

skottyj242
12-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Are there official details yet?

Hangar18
12-23-2005, 11:06 AM

HERE ARE THE UNOFFICIAL DETAILS:

Friday December 23rd, 7pm on ..................
DUGANS
128 S Halsted, Chicago 312-421-7191

kittle42
12-23-2005, 11:06 AM

Everyone is doing their own thing. Feel free to make your own unilateral proclamation!

Hangar18
12-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Everyone is doing their own thing. Feel free to make your own unilateral proclamation!

Kind of started with Puffers being declared the place, then a constiuent of people said its "too far away" and "how about downtown" so this was then moved to DUGANS. Feel free everyone to hang out at your local establishments ....satellite WSI parties are great!

skottyj242
12-23-2005, 11:27 AM
So who's going where? I'm going to Dugans at seven. Who should I expect to join me?

skottyj242
12-23-2005, 11:33 AM
I just started a who's in and where thread in The Parking Lot.

Hangar18
12-23-2005, 11:44 AM
So who's going where? I'm going to Dugans at seven. Who should I expect to join me?

I'll be there brother. PLUS, I will have something special with me, in tow.
Cant announce it until NOON today, so just a few minutes ................

steff
12-23-2005, 11:46 AM

Worst kept secret ever.. :rolleyes:

Were you able to find gold colored tin foil..?

Hangar18
12-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Worst kept secret ever.. :rolleyes:

Were you able to find gold colored tin foil..?

Not fair, how did you find out? Dont say anything til noon ..........

steff
12-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Not fair, how did you find out? Dont say anything til noon ..........

I know everything Henry...

skottyj242
12-23-2005, 12:20 PM

What the crap Hangar? It's 12:20, I want to know now.

alohafri
12-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Remember this IS Chicago. Since when do vote results have anything to do with election results?We'd love to be there, but we have a morning flight so I can pick up my winnings from my bet on the World Series at the Strat! Drink a beer (or five) for me.

alohafri
12-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Kind of started with Puffers being declared the place, then a constiuent of people said its &quot;too far away&quot; and &quot;how about downtown&quot; so this was then moved to DUGANS. Feel free everyone to hang out at your local establishments ....satellite WSI parties are great!
I'll be at the sports book at the Stratosphere on Saturday if anyone cares to join me.

Hangar18
12-23-2005, 02:03 PM
DUGANS TONITE, see everyone tonite

steff
12-23-2005, 04:33 PM
we are at lizzy's now. cold beer and close parking spot. lol.

chisoxfanatic
12-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Sorry guys, but I'm gonna have to take a rain check on this one. I'm having my first painfully sore throat of the season; plus, after 5 LONG hours of Christmas shopping (3 of which were ultimately unnecessary...ughhh...but I digress), I just wanna shack it up at my place tonight.

zach23
12-23-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm drinking Twisted Teas at home and I found some very close parking in the garage.
I made a replica World Series trophy out of tinfoil and I have all my Sox bobblehead dolls hoisting it. Now I can take a picture of myself and Paulie with the trophy while I get drunk. :D:

cheeses_h_rice
12-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Thanks to Hangar for organizing the Dugan's gathering. I think there were about 20 or so folks there (including at least one Soxtalk poster), plus the star attraction, Hangar's World Series replica trophy. Chisoxgirl's camera is the one with all the photos, so I'll leave it up to her to post pics.

cwsfannick
12-24-2005, 01:11 AM
Thanks Hangar for organizing the party. It was good to match faces to some of the personalities here at WSI.

I wish all to have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Hendu
12-24-2005, 01:32 AM
Thanks, Hangar. Kudos on building the replica trophy, too. That'll make a nice paperweight. :wink:

Anyways, glad my wife & I finally got to meet some WSIers.

kevin57
12-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Nice Gathering.

Everyone in good spirits.

TornLabrum
12-24-2005, 08:53 AM
The thing I want to know is did Hangar bring his tinfoil helmet along with the statue?

Sorry I couldn't make it to the gathering, but I won some comps to a play last night and by the time we finished having supper afterwards, it was getting close to the time when I turn into a pumpkin.

ondafarm
12-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Great gathering. Good to put some faces to names. And a place that knows how to make a decent black and tan !! :gulp::gulp: :gulp:

IronFisk
12-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Great time last night! Hangar did NOT bring any tin foil to my knowledge, and his trophy replica was quite good. Of course, we badgered him about the inaccuracies like the dysfunctional family we are. Good times!

Thanks to ChiSoxGirl for splitting that pizza with me at Puffers - where NOBODY showed up. That was a bizarre sight - few people, clean floor, and PLENTY of chairs! Almost didn't recognize the place :redneck

Nice to meet all of you WSI'ers for the first time - hope we can have a larger gathering soon, and agree on ONE place!

ChiSoxGirl
12-24-2005, 10:26 PM
What a GREAT time last night! I'm proud to say that chisoxmike and I were the last two standing from the party- we left at 1:30a! :cool:

It was awesome seeing many of the WSIers I already know & are friends with- chisoxmike, Hangar18, IronFisk, cheeses_h_rice, DumpJerry, Chips, and skottyj242- and the new WSIers I met last night- pdimas, Hendu & Mrs. Handu, cwsfannick, kevin57, and ondafarm.

Keep an eye out for some pictures that I'm uploading and should be able to post tonight.

ChiSoxGirl
12-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Photos have been posted in the gallery from last night's party. Enjoy- we sure did! :gulp:

chisoxfanatic
12-25-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm glad you all had a great time! See you all sometime soon!