PDA

View Full Version : Classic Sox Song?

Scots-Sox
12-20-2005, 03:48 PM
I just found this posted on Mudcat, I love it, well done Art.

AS TIME WENT BY
by Herman Hopfeld--(as updated by Art Thieme ;-)
December 2005

You must remember this,
A curse is still a curse,
The Cubs are still the Cubs,
Fundamentals should be applied
And time goes by.

The Sox have won in four,
They didn't need no more,
That no one can deny.
Those fundamentals they applied
As time went by.

Stevie Goodman's Cubs song
Is never out of date,
The Sox were filled with passion,
In the Series took four straight,
The goat just sits and laughs,
And Santo weeps and waits
For next year to come around...

Because the Cubs blew it again,
Again and then again,
Again and then again,
Again and then again,
As time goes by!!!

Jerko
12-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Oh my.

na_na_na_na
12-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Not a fan.

Palehose13
12-20-2005, 04:23 PM
I would love it when we can celebrate the World Series Championship with no mention of the other team in town.

Jerko
12-20-2005, 04:24 PM
I would love it when we can celebrate the World Series Championship with no mention of the other team in town.

That would be nice.

Baby Fisk
12-20-2005, 04:31 PM
I liked it. :cool:
Intelligent Cub-bashing (as opposed to paranoid Cub hysteria or outright hate) is OK.

CHIsoxNation
12-20-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm no Edgar Allan Poe or anything, but what the heck was that? I'll still say that "Na na na na.... hey hey hey goodbye" is THE classic sox song.

bridgeportcopper
12-20-2005, 06:24 PM
That is well done, and for those of you with your snotty and smug remarks about not mentioning the Cubs go scratch yourselves! There is a team called the Scrubs who play in the same city where I live and where our White Sox play. They are our rival. Most of us HATE them and do extract some joy from kicking them while we are up and they are down (always) because God knows the yuppie pillow-biters would be rubbing our noses in it if they ever won anything. This attitude often exhibited here of "I'd rather not mention them" is ridiculous. Ask any Michigan or Ohio State fan during their championship seasons what was the best part and they will tell you that it is beating their rival on the way. Same goes for USC/ND Florida/FSU/Miami etc. We have a championship team for the first time in our lives and rubbing the Cub fan's faces in it is part of the deal. I personally cannot wait until Opening Day but right after that I look forward to the RedLine Rivalry and wearing all my championship gear for every Scrub fan to see.

Scots-Sox
12-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to put us as second in any way. We ARE world champions. I just loved Art's song and I thought it would give you guys a laugh. Nothing more, nothing less.

TornLabrum
12-20-2005, 08:41 PM
I thought it was funny.

SOXSINCE'70
12-20-2005, 08:59 PM
I thought it was funny.

So did I.I'd just make the first line
"You must remember this,The Urinal's no bliss".