PDA

View Full Version : Eaton to Rangers

KRS1
12-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Young to Padres? Wow this could be a bad one for Texas. Per rotoworld.

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that the Rangers have acquired Adam Eaton, Akinori Otsuka and a prospect from the Padres in return for Chris Young, Adrian Gonzalez and Terrmel Sledge.
We're surprised that the Rangers would part with Young here, especially since Eaton is eligible for free agency after next season. The Padres will plus Young into their rotation. They could choose to start Gonzalez over Ryan Klesko at first base. Sledge will be just a backup.

Unbelievable they would want Eaton and Aki over Chris, he is a mountain of a man on the mound and dealt some good stuff for a rook. I'm glad he wont be terrorizing our line-up anymore.

caulfield12
12-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Young to Padres? Wow this could be a bad one for Texas. Per rotoworld.

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that the Rangers have acquired Adam Eaton, Akinori Otsuka and a prospect from the Padres in return for Chris Young, Adrian Gonzalez and Terrmel Sledge.
We're surprised that the Rangers would part with Young here, especially since Eaton is eligible for free agency after next season. The Padres will plus Young into their rotation. They could choose to start Gonzalez over Ryan Klesko at first base. Sledge will be just a backup.

Kind of a strange deal....guess the Rangers want the veteran pitchers in Padilla and Eaton over the younger, more affordable, higher upside of Young.

A. Gonzalez was once the top prospect in the Marlins (I think) organization before getting traded to the Rangers.

Jjav829
12-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Great trade for the Padres. Eaton was complaining about the Padres not respecting him because they wouldn't give him a ridiculous 3-year, $24 million deal. :rolleyes:

Dumbass. Eaton has never won more than 11 games and is awful away from Petco. I'm glad the Padres got rid of him. Chris Young is a very nice addition.

Mr. White Sox
12-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Wow, HUGE trade for San Diego. They get a better, younger pitcher in Chris Young (I can't even imagine what his numbers will be at Petco) and get a 1B with pop in Gonzalez. Huge trade, despite giving up Otsuka.

SoxSpeed22
12-20-2005, 03:55 PM
I do not understand the Rangers. As well as most of these offseason moves. The Pads just stole a good starting pitcher, even though they gave up a great set up man.

Chisox003
12-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Typical Rangers move.

MHOUSE
12-20-2005, 04:27 PM
I saw Chris Young was going to the Padres and I was very surprised. I doubt either Eaton or Padilla will pitch 200 innings next year which leaves the Rangers still short in the rotation. Otsuka solidifies a set-up role for Cordero, but the rest of the bullpen is pretty thin.

How does Gonzalez fit in with the Padres? It seems like he's stuck all over again behind Klesko. Rotoworld (http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=MLB) seems to believe that they might trade Gonzalez to the Red Sox for David Wells since Boston has Youkillis pencilled in at 1B and not much else. We might see Eaton and Otsuka for Chris Young, David Wells, and Termel Sledge when all is said and done. Not bad.

ChiSoxRowand
12-20-2005, 04:29 PM
A. Gonzalez was once the top prospect in the Marlins (I think) organization before getting traded to the Rangers.

I'm pretty sure he was the #1 overall pick in the 2000 draft for the Marlins.

DSpivack
12-20-2005, 06:21 PM
I saw Chris Young was going to the Padres and I was very surprised. I doubt either Eaton or Padilla will pitch 200 innings next year which leaves the Rangers still short in the rotation. Otsuka solidifies a set-up role for Cordero, but the rest of the bullpen is pretty thin.

How does Gonzalez fit in with the Padres? It seems like he's stuck all over again behind Klesko. Rotoworld (http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=MLB) seems to believe that they might trade Gonzalez to the Red Sox for David Wells since Boston has Youkillis pencilled in at 1B and not much else. We might see Eaton and Otsuka for Chris Young, David Wells, and Termel Sledge when all is said and done. Not bad.

Is Klesko strictly a 1B? Hasn't he also played LF?

Also, there are now two Chris Youngs in the NL West.

Frater Perdurabo
12-20-2005, 08:42 PM

Yes. Within a year, Chris Young will either - a) strike out or b) hit a home run off - Chris Young.

:tongue:

Seriously, what the heck are the Rangers smoking? This trade makes absolutely no sense for them. Their Chris Young was set to become a mainstay in their rotation for years, and already was becoming a hometown favorite given the fact that he's from Highland Park (a "suburb" completely within the city limits of Dallas) High School. Then they go and trade him for a pitcher who won 11 games in the NL in an extreme pitchers' park for the team that won the division, who is one year away from free agency!!!
:rolleyes:

MHOUSE
12-21-2005, 06:19 AM

Their outfield is full-up with Cameron, Giles, and Roberts. Unless they moved Klesko to LF and Roberts to the bench, then Klesko would play 1B. I suppose that's a possibility. Like I said, I've read some stuff about another trade involving Gonzalez for pitching.

DaleJRFan
12-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Their outfield is full-up with Cameron, Giles, and Roberts. Unless they moved Klesko to LF and Roberts to the bench, then Klesko would play 1B. I suppose that's a possibility. Like I said, I've read some stuff about another trade involving Gonzalez for pitching.

Klesko is reeeeaaal bad defensively at firstbase. Padres fans will have fun with this one.

caulfield12
12-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Yes. Within a year, Chris Young will either - a) strike out or b) hit a home run off - Chris Young.

:tongue:

Seriously, what the heck are the Rangers smoking? This trade makes absolutely no sense for them. Their Chris Young was set to become a mainstay in their rotation for years, and already was becoming a hometown favorite given the fact that he's from Highland Park (a "suburb" completely within the city limits of Dallas) High School. Then they go and trade him for a pitcher who won 11 games in the NL in an extreme pitchers' park for the team that won the division, who is one year away from free agency!!!
:rolleyes:

I'm thinking the prospect-to-be-named-later that's going to the Rangers is going to be one of the Padres' best, the equivalent of a Chris Young for the Sox but probably a pitching prospect. We cannot judge this trade just on the surface unless we know the name of that kid.

Hagan
12-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Billy Killian is the prospect who is 20 years old and has done very little in the minors. This was such a steal for the Padres and Eaton is going to do as well as Chan Ho Park with the Rangers.

soxinem1
12-21-2005, 12:36 PM
The Rangers wonder why they suck...

First they give up Soriano, who probably could have gotten them a decent starter and at least a prospect, for a rehabbing OF and a K'prone OF. Dumb, da dumb, dumb.

Then they trade Young for Eaton, a whining crybaby who has extreme difficulty pitching in hitters parks? Young looked like he was coming along nicely. It was a nice trade they made to get him, I beleive they gave up I-Rod's replacement Einar Diaz for him. Then they do this.

I think Showalter's chewing railroad spikes wherever he is now!