PDA

View Full Version : Soriano making Nats look stupid

WhiteSoxFan84
12-20-2005, 02:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2266303

He said he likes the AL better and plans to become a free agent after this upcoming season and go back to the AL.

Wilkerson, Sledge, and a prospect for a one-year headache?

I don't think so. He will probably end up getting traded again, very soon.

kittle42
12-20-2005, 02:44 PM
I love team players.

Chicken Dinner
12-20-2005, 02:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2266303

He said he likes the AL better and plans to become a free agent after this upcoming season and go back to the AL.

Wilkerson, Sledge, and a prospect for a one-year headache?

I don't think so. He will probably end up getting traded again, very soon.
He won't be on that team come August 1st.

itsnotrequired
12-20-2005, 03:05 PM
What an ass...

WhiteSoxFan84
12-20-2005, 03:45 PM
I forgot to mention this earlier, does anyone else think Soriano will be a Boston Red Sox either sometime this season via trade or next season via free agency? Makes all the sense in the world to me.

Flight #24
12-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Shouldn't the thread title be "stupider" or "more stupid"? Someone's getting Sori at a deep discount.

MHOUSE
12-20-2005, 04:40 PM
This is so ridiculous. No way he should act like this just because of a position change. Look at home many great players have switched positions to benefit their teams and gone on to be just fine. Just recently: Michael Young switched to SS to accomodate Soriano in Texas and Nomar has agreed to play any postion asked of him in order to find a team. I doubt Soriano makes it to Spring Training with the Nats. They either have to trade him or Vidro and I doubt u want to disrupt your whole clubhouse to accomodate a one-year headache.

getonbckthr
12-20-2005, 04:57 PM
This is so ridiculous. No way he should act like this just because of a position change. Look at home many great players have switched positions to benefit their teams and gone on to be just fine. Just recently: Michael Young switched to SS to accomodate Soriano in Texas and Nomar has agreed to play any postion asked of him in order to find a team. I doubt Soriano makes it to Spring Training with the Nats. They either have to trade him or Vidro and I doubt u want to disrupt your whole clubhouse to accomodate a one-year headache.
The switch will actually decrease his value. There are plenty of slugging OF's but how many slugging 2B?

DSpivack
12-20-2005, 06:22 PM

Soriano got traded for Alex Rodriguez; he switched positions, too.