PDA

View Full Version : Sox game rebroadcasting

StockdaleForVeep
12-19-2005, 07:09 PM
So yea, right now they are showin game two of sox\boston, is it me or this quality seriously like they recorded it on some cheap vhs tape and then decided to replay it. Its fuzzy\out of focus like and seems like its a camera watching a replay of the game

cbone
12-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Nope it's not you. My picture is terrible!!

ilsox7
12-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Crede really should have made that play on Damon. Hopefully we can trade him for Joe Randa this off season after he kills our playoff chances.

chisoxmike
12-19-2005, 07:16 PM
The games are probably dubbed by ESPN. Comcast probably doesn't have the original tape, they most likely have a copy of the game, explaining the piss poor quality.

Chisox353014
12-19-2005, 07:17 PM
So yea, right now they are showin game two of sox\boston, is it me or this quality seriously like they recorded it on some cheap vhs tape and then decided to replay it. Its fuzzy\out of focus like and seems like its a camera watching a replay of the game

I think it's zoomed in so as to eliminate the ESPN2 score crawl that runs along the botom of the screen. I noticed that yesterday's game had it and this one doesn't. The bottom of graphics are being cut off, too. And yes, the quality is pretty poor.

bigsqwert
12-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Not worth recording. Guess I'm a snob when it comes to video. I'd prefer to find a recording of the original broadcast or pray that the DVD package in March has all of the games.

chisoxfanatic
12-19-2005, 07:26 PM
The games are probably dubbed by ESPN. Comcast probably doesn't have the original tape, they most likely have a copy of the game, explaining the piss poor quality.

Then how do you explain the rest of the season, Mike? I think that Comcast has done an awesome job in actual team coverage; however, the picture/sound during TONS of Sox games this year were below mediocre!

chisoxmike
12-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Then how do you explain the rest of the season, Mike? I think that Comcast has done an awesome job in actual team coverage; however, the picture/sound during TONS of Sox games this year were below mediocre!

:dunno:

doublem23
12-19-2005, 07:27 PM
I don't care how bad it is, White Sox baseball in December is always good. :D:

naprvllesoxfan
12-19-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm hoping that the games from Fox rebroadcast better than ESPN. The color is terrible, but I'll still record them. Better than nothing. I REALLY dislike Boomer! (Wells or Berman take your pick!)

itsnotrequired
12-19-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm hoping that the games from Fox rebroadcast better than ESPN. The color is terrible, but I'll still record them. Better than nothing. I REALLY dislike Boomer! (Wells or Berman take your pick!)

I remember the Fox games being clearer than the ESPN games.

nitetrain8601
12-19-2005, 08:14 PM
The quality is poor because the HDTV broadcast wasn't recorded(or at least it's not being shown). Whenever you record something(even if it's not on VHS) the quality isn't going to be the same. That's why the lighting seems darker and the screen shaky.

I'd still record these games if I could.

Iwritecode
12-19-2005, 08:18 PM
I think it's zoomed in so as to eliminate the ESPN2 score crawl that runs along the botom of the screen. I noticed that yesterday's game had it and this one doesn't. The bottom of graphics are being cut off, too. And yes, the quality is pretty poor.

I think the crawl is still there. They just cover it up when it pops up.

I just heard the ESPN "du na na du na na" and then all of a sudden it said "white sox holiday special" on the bottom.

I must be used to low quality TV because the picture looks fine to me...

y2j2785
12-19-2005, 08:22 PM
The Graffanino error is gonna be on in a few sec/min.

Edit: The picture does seem pretty bad, but thats prob cus its not in HD like it was originally.

batmanZoSo
12-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Anyone up for chat?

Sly
12-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Somehow Boomer doesn't seem that bad when you know the Sox are going to end up winning ....

And the picture quality IS terrible...

Sly
12-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Correction: Boomer IS that bad ...i wonder why they couldn't have synced the broadcasts to Rooney/Farmer.

Brian26
12-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Not worth recording. Guess I'm a snob when it comes to video. I'd prefer to find a recording of the original broadcast or pray that the DVD package in March has all of the games.

You're not a snob. The quality right now on Comcast is horrendous. It wouldn't look any magically better if it was recorded to DVD. Kudos to the people who recorded the originals from the HDTV feed.

StockdaleForVeep
12-19-2005, 09:05 PM
HAHAHAAHHA lets start a new gameday thread

ITS THE PLAYOFFS! WE'RE UP TWO GAMES!

slavko
12-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Somehow Boomer doesn't seem that bad when you know the Sox are going to end up winning ....

And the picture quality IS terrible...

I'm thinking about Boomer vs. the Fox bunch that did the WS and (am I really saying this?) Boomer isn't that bad in comparison. He at least sounds like he's having a good time.

Iwritecode
12-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Is this thing really over at 10PM? That seems like and awful short postgame show.

or am I an idiot and it goes to 11?

Madvora
12-19-2005, 09:38 PM
That quality does suck. The picture is obviously zoomed in to eliminate the ESPN crawl. Also, Comcast pastes their crawl over the top of ESPN's.
You could notice in the beginning of the game that some of the graphics along the bottom of the screen were cut off and there was a small black strip along the top from the screen being adjusted.
This is all I got because I bought a DVD recorder just for this.

Madvora
12-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Is this thing really over at 10PM? That seems like and awful short postgame show.

or am I an idiot and it goes to 11?
They do their nightly sports show at 10, then the post game resumes after that.

shbart
12-19-2005, 09:49 PM
My original schedule showed 7 p.m. game, 11 p.m. post-game. So I record 4 hours when I could have ended it it after 2 and half . That makes the mediocre quality even worse...uggh. For tomorrow it shows the game (all I want) from 7-10 p.m. (3 hours). Gonna have to go re-set the DVD Recorder. Btw, thanks to those who alerted me yesterday about the change in start time.

Lip Man 1
12-19-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm shocked that Comcast wasn't able to get the original feed that's sent from the truck at Comiskey Park up to the satellite for transmission to Bristol. In the business it's called the 'raw feed.' It still has the graphics and the announcers commentary by the way.

That feed does not have the crawl which is added in Bristol. (Now you all know whay I absolutely hate that friggin crawl which has ZERO worth except to goofball stat geeks and fantasy zombies who love to watch the same thing scroll across the bottom hour after hour after hour. Nothing like knowing what the record is of a team against left handed pitchers with last names that have less then six letters... GARBAGE which uses up a portion of the screen.)

When the picture is expanded to eliminate the crawl it does distort the on screen graphics and causes the picture quality to deteriorate.

Lip

Fenway
12-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm shocked that Comcast wasn't able to get the original feed that's sent from the truck at Comiskey Park up to the satellite for transmission to Bristol. In the business it's called the 'raw feed.' It still has the graphics and the announcers commentary by the way.

I'll find out tomorrow but I am betting Comcast got this copy from MLB Productions in Stamford