PDA

View Full Version : Freudian Slip

Professor
12-19-2005, 06:06 PM
This was posted on rotoworld.com:

Dr. Timothy Kremchek wa spleased with the progress of Kerry Wood (shoulder) after examining him last week. Would is expected to begin throwing next month.
When Wood underwent surgery, it was with the goal of being ready for Opening Day. However, the Cubs probably aren't even going to let him try to begin the season in the rotation. Instead, they'll use Glendon Rusch and Jerome Williams behind Carlos Zambrano, Mark Prior and Greg Maddux in the rotation. Dec. 19 - 4:27 pm et
Source: cubs.mlb.com (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051219&content_id=1284059&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Instead of "Wood", they typed "Would" in line two. I figure the subconscious recognition that Wood is unrealized-potential (as in "he would have been a 20 game winner") slipped out.

CubsfansareDRUNK
12-19-2005, 06:11 PM
zing

Exit_Only
12-19-2005, 06:23 PM
This was posted on rotoworld.com:

Instead of "Wood", they typed "Would" in line two. I figure the subconscious recognition that Wood is unrealized-potential (as in "he would have been a 20 game winner") slipped out.
Looks like another wise Baker decision to have him throw out of the bullpen last year after surgery was already deemed necessary for Wood. "Dude, my priority is getting my personal goal of .500, health of my players be damned. Don't you understand that Kerry is too light-skinned to start games? He needs to come out of the bullpen when the sun is less fierce."

Dusty Baker and injury-prone players Mark Prior and Kerry Wood don't mix well.

Does anyone still have trusty in Dusty?