PDA

View Full Version : Dog Day 2006?

Sox35th
12-19-2005, 04:35 PM
I was just looking for some info on “Dog Day” 2006

I know that Dog Day sells out every year, and I would like to go next season with my dog. So, I was just wondering what one needs to do in order to get tickets? Did anyone go last year? If so how did you get tickets and how many can you get? What is the best way? What was the Cost? Dose anyone know what the date maybe for 2006? What kind of info dose the Sox need about the dog?

Thanks

TomBradley72
12-19-2005, 05:18 PM
I think they announce the "promotional calendar" in February....it sells out very quickly....usually it's an April/May weekend day game....

rommel13
12-20-2005, 12:46 PM
I've been to all of them. No info yet, they usually inform past attendees first. My guess is April 15/16 or May 6/7. They issue one dog ticket per adult ticket (regular bleacher fee). They will need rabies shot info (though they never have asked to see tag,) age of dog, and approx. weight. Obviously the dog must be well tempered. 500 other dogs.

Best bet is to call ticket office and make sure you get on the list.

ChiSox Fan 68
12-21-2005, 09:41 AM
I have been to the last two Dog Days and it is a lot of fun. I was able to get a registration form at Sox Fest last year. As soon as you get the form, send it in because, as they say, space is limited.

Tailgating is a hoot with all the dogs hanging around. It is best to get there early for that, then get into the line for the Dog Parade around the field before the game. The last couple years they gave each dog a cute souvenier Sox dog bowl.

The registration form will ask you for the predominant breed also. Not sure if they exclude certain breeds. But it seems to me that all the dogs are well behaved. I haven't seen any fights or problems between the dogs.