Per ESPN radio-dealt to Tampa Bay-did not say how little they got

:versatile

IT DIDNT HIT THE GROUND-HONESTLY

WhiteSoxFan84
12-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Per ESPN radio-dealt to Tampa Bay-did not say how little they got

IT DIDNT HIT THE GROUND-HONESTLY

for Jorge Cantu and 3 minor leaguers. This guy will put butts in seats and TB needs that desperately.

Fenway
12-19-2005, 04:24 PM
ST. PETERSBURG, FL -- The Tampa Bay Devil Rays acquired veteran catcher Josh Paul from the Los Angeles Angels in exchange for minor league infielder Travis Schlichting, it was announced today by Rays Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations Andrew Friedman.

http://tampabay.devilrays.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051219&content_id=1284021&vkey=pr_tb&fext=.jsp&c_id=tb

http://espn.go.com/media/mlb/2005/1012/photo/a_pierzynski_275.jpg

Chicken Dinner
12-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Nice, perfect team for him.

Baby Fisk
12-19-2005, 04:43 PM
This, on the day A.J. Pierzynski inks a 3 year contract extension.

"I just stepped in a pile of irony, or poetic justice, or when something bad happens to you while something good happens to someone else. I caught that ball dammit! I don't want to go to oblivion!"

itsnotrequired
12-19-2005, 05:07 PM
This, on the day A.J. Pierzynski inks a 3 year contract extension.

"I just stepped in a pile of irony, or poetic justice, or when something bad happens to you while something good happens to someone else. I caught that ball dammit! I don't want to go to oblivion!"

Well, according to the Tampa Bay website, they are "rebuilding the dream". All epic dreams begin with the first closing of the eyelids.

Sleep well, Sweet Prince...

cheeses_h_rice
12-19-2005, 05:37 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/tom_verducci/10/13/alcs.game2/t1_1012_pierzynski_getty.jpg

C-Ya, sucker!

Lip Man 1
12-19-2005, 08:01 PM
He's versatile alright. He sucks at every position!

Lip

Exit_Only
12-19-2005, 08:22 PM
A little respect for a man whose favorite team is the Sox and did help secure a victory over the Cubs with his versatile throwing arm.

samram
12-19-2005, 09:22 PM

"My greatest versatility comes in the large number of ways I can lose a game for you. Bad sacrifice bunt- check. GIDP- check. Passed ball- check. Not being able to throw to second on a stolen base attempt- check. Strikeout by me- check. Strikeout by someone on the other team that I don't catch, but pretend like I did leading to the winning run reaching first base- check."

doublem23
12-19-2005, 09:45 PM
I honestly can't believe this guy still has a job in the MLB.

slavko
12-19-2005, 10:31 PM
The more I look at that 3rd strike sequence from the side I think it didn't hit dirt. Still, he has to make the tag or throw.

FarWestChicago
12-19-2005, 10:45 PM
The more I look at that 3rd strike sequence from the side I think it didn't hit dirt. Still, he has to make the tag or throw.Here's another second thought. Get a job, you have too much time on your hands. :redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
12-24-2005, 04:49 PM

"My greatest versatility comes in the large number of ways I can lose a game for you. Bad sacrifice bunt- check. GIDP- check. Passed ball- check. Not being able to throw to second on a stolen base attempt- check. Strikeout by me- check. Strikeout by someone on the other team that I don't catch, but pretend like I did leading to the winning run reaching first base- check."

You forgot getting thrown out trying to reach third base in Seattle... twice.

I agree with DoubleM. I can't understand how this guy still has a job in MLB. Oh wait, it's Tampa Bay. Nevermind.
:wink:

NonetheLoaiza
12-24-2005, 07:31 PM
The more I look at that 3rd strike sequence from the side I think it didn't hit dirt. Still, he has to make the tag or throw.

From the side? Isn't the glove in the way? The head on view shows the ball bouncing around in there. I believe it hit the dirt, but even if it didn't, you're right. Paul still needs to tag him or throw it.

ondafarm
12-24-2005, 09:17 PM

When in doubt, tag him out!!!

voodoochile
12-24-2005, 11:54 PM

You left off:

"Challanging Ichiro's arm not once but twice in the same season..."

SOXSINCE'70
12-25-2005, 11:15 AM
You left off:

"Challanging Ichiro's arm not once but twice in the same season..."

Damn!!You beat me to it!!:D: :D:

Brewski
12-25-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm still upset that he was put on the 2000 playoff roster instead of Mark Johnson. Manuel claimed the reason was that he could use JP as a pinch runner.

TornLabrum
12-25-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm getting a big kick out of all the Paul bashing. You'd have thought his stupidity cost us the game. The guy grew up a Sox fan. He just did us a little favor. Talk about ingratitude!

DumpJerry
12-25-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm getting a big kick out of all the Paul bashing. You'd have thought his stupidity cost us the game. The guy grew up a Sox fan. He just did us a little favor. Talk about ingratitude!
I agree. No teal needed. Nobody is perfect. Well, almost nobody, there is always:
:hurtand :ozzie and the Sox '05 pitching staff and the Sox '05 infield and the '05 Sox outfielders and the '05 Sox bench and the '05 Sox coaching staff and the '05 Sox scouting staff and the '05 Sox fans and the '05 Sox staff and the '05 Sox executives and.....