PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Hangar Thread Hijack

Hangar18
12-19-2005, 09:35 AM
...........they (A's) are in the unique position of having Zito to deal if they so choose, just like we are with Garland.

LHP John Grabow of the Pirates might be another target for KW...but we don't have any excess 3B to give up.

Yeah, I heard that ZITO is now available so look for the Zito-would-look-great-in-cubby-blue Stories to begin in 3-2-1...........

I also noticed that the PIRATES are searching Badly for a 3B. What a stupid organization. Gave away Ramirez and got absolutely NOTHING to show for him. What a bogus organization

nodiggity59
12-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I heard that ZITO is now available so look for the Zito-would-look-great-in-cubby-blue Stories to begin in 3-2-1...........

I also noticed that the PIRATES are searching Badly for a 3B. What a stupid organization. Gave away Ramirez and got absolutely NOTHING to show for him. What a bogus organization
:bluerock

Rocky Soprano
12-19-2005, 03:56 PM

When will you give it a rest?

Your "team" won the World Series and you are still paying attention to the Cubs!

kittle42
12-19-2005, 04:22 PM

Hangar, this is what I was talking about in our e-mail conversation. Give it up with the Cubs already...they're irrelevant, and you're only making them more relevant by mentioning them in every possible context.

Baby Fisk
12-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Hangar, this is what I was talking about in our e-mail conversation. Give it up with the Cubs already...they're irrelevant, and you're only making them more relevant by mentioning them in every possible context.Agreed. Hangar gives the Cubs more press than the Cubune. And that makes little children sad.

http://www.stevenhirsch.com/streetcreatures/image/crying_baby.jpg
"Why, daddy? Why does Hangar always talk about the Cubs and not the Sox?"

jdm2662
12-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Hangar, when Carlos Lee becomes a Cub in 2007, are you going to cheer on your boy and complain the Cubs get all the good players and still think the Sox are cheap for letting him go? Is it going to take a minimum 8-peat before you are happy and realize the Cubs mean nothing anymore?

kittle42
12-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Hangar, when Carlos Lee becomes a Cub in 2007, are you going to cheer on your boy and complain the Cubs get all the good players and still think the Sox are cheap for letting him go? Is it going to take a minimum 8-peat before you are happy and realize the Cubs mean nothing anymore?

I really thought the "inferiority complexes" - for lack of a better term - would dry up around here if the Sox ever won a WS. Hey, I hate the Cubs and their mindless drone fanbase as much as anyone, but THE SOX WON A WORLD SERIES and continued harping on the Cubs only feeds the claims of their fans that, even after the Sox winning a World Series, EVERYONE ONLY CARES ABOUT THEIR STUPID TEAM. So please stop it.

cheeses_h_rice
12-19-2005, 05:13 PM
http://home.no.net/holodoc/ordinary1.jpg

"Hangar, I'm very interested in subscribing to your newsletter. Sign me up."

MarySwiss
12-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Sorry, but I'm gonna stick up for Hangar here. We're supposed to be "totally biased, utterly petty, and completely unobjective." I think this gives Hangar the right to obsess about the Flubs if he so chooses.

ilsox7
12-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Sorry, but I'm gonna stick up for Hangar here. We're supposed to be "totally biased, utterly petty, and completely unobjective." I think this gives Hangar the right to obsess about the Flubs if he so chooses.

Sure he has a right to have a Cubsession. That does not mean it is rational, though. Or based in reality.

The Deacon
12-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Who are these Cubs that everyone speaks of?

Rocky Soprano
12-19-2005, 05:58 PM

Obsessing about the Flubs is exactly why Flub fans say Sox fans rather see the Cubs lose than the Sox win.

People like Hangar make that statement seem true.

pdimas
12-19-2005, 06:00 PM
I gotta take Hangar's side as well on this. I mean if you guys really don't care then why make a big deal about his opinions every time.

I liken this to bad movies that are surrounded by controversy. They become this huge thing because everyone wants to know what the buzz is about. In other words by harping on Hangar every time the buzz keeps building and building. Its pretty self defeating. You aren't going to magically change his mind by getting on him. Its a vicious cycle that you guys help perpetuate.

Ol' No. 2
12-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Sorry, but I'm gonna stick up for Hangar here. We're supposed to be "totally biased, utterly petty, and completely unobjective." I think this gives Hangar the right to obsess about the Flubs if he so chooses.There's probably not a person here who hasn't posted something about the Cubs. But what makes Hangar unique is his ability (and eagerness) to take ANY Sox topic and turn it into something about the Cubs. It's kind of like Homefish. Depending on your mood you can find it either tiresome or hilarious.

1951Campbell
12-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Hangar, if you can mix in some graphs, the posts will be much funnier.

Joosh
12-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Hangar, if you can mix in some graphs, the posts will be much funnier.

How bout a few useless diagrams?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/Jooshman05/Batteries.jpg

Baby Fisk
12-19-2005, 06:24 PM
http://metric.iem.csic.es/Martin-Garcia/images/dss.gif

Do you see that point in time where the Sox did not appear on Leno? No, not that curve, the other curve. No! Below it! Yeah, right there. That's when the Chicago White Sox franchise collapsed into ruination and slid right off the edge of the earth's surface.

TornLabrum
12-19-2005, 07:15 PM
I think Henry must have gone to the store today and purchased several boxes of tinfoil.

FarWestChicago
12-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Sorry, but I'm gonna stick up for Hangar here. We're supposed to be "totally biased, utterly petty, and completely unobjective." I think this gives Hangar the right to obsess about the Flubs if he so chooses.And you couldn't be more wrong. This is a goddamned Sox site and he posts about the Flubs in 99.9999% of his posts. He'll get the Flubs in the movie review thread of King Kong before he's done. It's old, boring and a great embarrassment to the site on top of being insane. I'm about one second from stripping his posting privileges everywhere but here and the other ****hole. It will save the staff from having to move the crap all the time.

itsnotrequired
12-19-2005, 09:44 PM
And you couldn't be more wrong. This is a goddamned Sox site and he posts about the Flubs in 99.9999% of his posts. He'll get the Flubs in the movie review thread of King Kong before he's done. It's old, boring and a great embarrassment to the site on top of being insane. I'm about one second from stripping his posting privileges everywhere but here and the other ****hole. It will save the staff from having to move the crap all the time.

Well, why don't you tell us how you really feel?:D:

kittle42
12-19-2005, 10:53 PM
And you couldn't be more wrong. This is a goddamned Sox site and he posts about the Flubs in 99.9999% of his posts. He'll get the Flubs in the movie review thread of King Kong before he's done. It's old, boring and a great embarrassment to the site on top of being insane. I'm about one second from stripping his posting privileges everywhere but here and the other ****hole. It will save the staff from having to move the crap all the time.

:o:

jabrch
12-20-2005, 01:01 AM

Kudos to the Mods for taking a stance against this nonsense. It's just not fun to constantly read about the Cubs here. If that's what you want to read, you shouldn't be at a Sox site. Not now, not ever.

Hangar18
12-20-2005, 09:39 AM
Kudos to the Mods for taking a stance against this nonsense. It's just not fun to constantly read about the Cubs here. If that's what you want to read, you shouldn't be at a Sox site. Not now, not ever.

tell us how You really feel :smile:

Hangar18
12-20-2005, 09:45 AM

This post sums it up for me. My prediction about the bogus media tampering with a player on the west coast somehow is construed as my hatred for KW and his letting go of Carlos Lee, and that were "cheap", and im not happy til we 8peat? Cmon

Baby Fisk
12-20-2005, 09:55 AM
This post sums it up for me. My prediction about the bogus media tampering with a player on the west coast somehow is construed as my hatred for KW and his letting go of Carlos Lee, and that were "cheap", and im not happy til we 8peat? Cmon
Good point. You'll never be happy! :cool:

Hangar18
12-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Good point. You'll never be happy! :cool:

Cmon now. Im going to research all my posts right now ..........
just to make sure :D:

TommyJohn
12-20-2005, 07:06 PM

"The movie King Kong takes place in 1933, the year after the Cubs played
the Yankees in the World Series, which the White Sox didn't get to because
of J. Louis Comiskey's CHEAPNESS. It features a giant gorilla who looks
amazingly like Hack Wilson. He is found on an island which features dinosaurs
like Ron Santo and Tribune Co. executives. He is brought to New York, where
the Yankees played the Cubs in the 1932 World Series. Jack Black plays Carl
Cubham, Adrien Cubdy stars as Jack Driscub, Naomi Cubs plays Ann Cubrow.
King Cub is brought to Cub York, where he runs amok and smashes Cubs
and trains. I don't want to give away the ending, but Cub falls off the
Cubpire State Building at the end. The characters go on to live Cubbily ever
after, Cubbing it up with Cubs all over the Cubbie Cub Cub Cub Cub Cub Cub
Cub. Cub."