PDA

View Full Version : Indians add two relievers...

WhiteSoxFan84
12-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Danny Graves and Steve Karsay signed minor league contracts with the Tribe today.

Link (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051219&content_id=1283914&vkey=news_cle&fext=.jsp&c_id=cle)

I maybe wrong about this one, but if all it took was a MLC to get Danny Graves, why didn't we pick him up?

In Spring Training, we could have given him a shot to replace Luis Vizcaino and possibly be even better if Coop and Company worked with him. If he sucked, just send him to the minors or simply release him.

NSSoxFan
12-19-2005, 02:29 PM
:roflmao:

nodiggity59
12-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Danny Graves and Steve Karsay signed minor league contracts with the Tribe today.

Link (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051219&content_id=1283914&vkey=news_cle&fext=.jsp&c_id=cle)

I maybe wrong about this one, but if all it took was a MLC to get Danny Graves, why didn't we pick him up?

In Spring Training, we could have given him a shot to replace Luis Vizcaino and possibly be even better if Coop and Company worked with him. If he sucked, just send him to the minors or simply release him.

Ah, because we are not on welfare like Cleveland. We will acquire better players (not that that will be a difficult thing to do).

Flight #24
12-19-2005, 02:36 PM

That goes not only for the Sox, but the rest of baseball as well. Which tells you exactly how good these 2 moves are......

Millwood - gone.
Howry - gone.
Wickman - almost retired, but back.
Elarton - replaced by Byrd.

THIS is the team that's supposed to be favored to win the division?

:kneeslap:

RallyBowl
12-19-2005, 02:37 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOH! I'M SOOOOOO SCARED!

Man, what a joke. It seems to me that our competition is getting slightly worse, while we have been getting significantly better. Is it possible that the Royals will be better then the twinks and the toons next year?

MHOUSE
12-19-2005, 02:37 PM
This signing means nothing. Both of these guys were absolutely terrible last year. After saving 40-some games in 2004, Graves was a $6 million mop-up man for the Mets who got him off waivers I think. Karsay had an era over 7. The Indians need to do better than this to "bolster" their 'pen back to 2005 form.

SouthSide_HitMen
12-19-2005, 03:42 PM

Two reasons:

1. He gave Cincinnati fans the finger in his final appearance at The Great American Ballpark which resulted in his release from the Reds (who need all the pitching help they can get).

Cincinnati 18 1/3 IP, 30 H, 12 BB, 8 K, 7.36 ERA
New York Mets 20 1/3 IP, 29 H, 8 BB, 12 K, 5.75 ERA

That is worse than Billy Koch's 1 1/2 years here. Pass.