PDA

View Full Version : Need Ozzie Plan advice

MillerSoxFan
12-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Help - I usually attend ten games a year - Kid's Day, etc. I am afraid I may not be able to walk up and buy tickets this year due to increased demand. I looked at Ozzie Plan on line - best seats were in Section 528, which is OK, but I would hate to commit myself now if I don't have to. Does anyone know if the usual promotions will be available next year? I guess Ozzie Plan is a good idea just to get Sox-Cubs tickets, which I usually end buying from a broker and paying $$$$$$$.
Is Section 528, 518, etc really all that's left in upper deck for weekend games? I can't really afford better seats.

comet2k
12-19-2005, 05:55 PM
I doubt you will be able to get better seats buying single-game tickets or walk-up tickets. I was planning to get an Ozzie plan but in November I noticed that most lower box and premium upper box had gone to season-ticket buyers. Around the same time, the Sox delayed the Ozzie plan until December. Instead of waiting, I bought the 27-game weekend plan and got section 524. That's 15 to 19 more games than I'll be able to attend, but I didn't want to wait to see what was left over for the Ozzie plan or single-game seats.

SouthSide_HitMen
12-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Help - I usually attend ten games a year - Kid's Day, etc. I am afraid I may not be able to walk up and buy tickets this year due to increased demand. I looked at Ozzie Plan on line - best seats were in Section 528, which is OK, but I would hate to commit myself now if I don't have to. Does anyone know if the usual promotions will be available next year? I guess Ozzie Plan is a good idea just to get Sox-Cubs tickets, which I usually end buying from a broker and paying $$$$$$$.
Is Section 528, 518, etc really all that's left in upper deck for weekend games? I can't really afford better seats.

Section 528 is near home plate and 518 is the second best UD reserved section meaning there will be plenty of UD seats available before the season starts.

The Ozzie Plan gives you the best available seats on a per game basis - some games seats are available downstairs and some games the only seats left are UD outfield corners.

The 10 games which may be sold out by the time seats go on sale in January are Opening Night and the Cubs, Boston and New York series (IMO). 72 games remain and the White Sox play in each and every one of them so you should have no problem getting tickets before the season for the remaining 72 games. Just don't expect many lower deck seats being available due to the massive increase in season ticket (full and partial) sales from the All Star break through the offseason.

Also I expect many new and existing season ticket holders to make a portion of their seats available here and elsewhere (whitesox.com, eBay and craigslist). I know I will not be able to attend 81 games so if you are patient you should have no problem for most games.

MySoxAreClean
12-19-2005, 08:30 PM
My replay for those considering ozzie plans as I did , Find another person to go halfs on the hit and run or double play like I did, and split the price . I got sec 102 same seats for sat and sun

The Deacon
12-19-2005, 09:35 PM

Depends on the game. As long as your arent particular about where you want to sit, I dont think youll have a difficult time for at least 80% of the games.
I'm sure Saturday nights, OD, Cubs, NYY, BOS, STL, HOU, and some of the MIN and CLE will be more difficult to come by.

ewokpelts
12-20-2005, 10:25 AM
My replay for those considering ozzie plans as I did , Find another person to go halfs on the hit and run or double play like I did, and split the price . I got sec 102 same seats for sat and sun
that's a better option, and you'll get more playoff tix(ozzie plans are giving ONLY ONE ALDS GAME, AND NO ALCS.WS GAMES)...with a 27 game plan, you'll get all alds games, and 1 each of alcs/ws
Gene