PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Christmas Wish List

soxwon
12-17-2005, 10:50 PM
What White Sox Related Things have you asked for, For the Holidays?

HomeFish
12-17-2005, 10:57 PM
The Sox Pride DVD. Oh, and a real centerfielder.

santo=dorf
12-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Thome Jersey, but I'm willing to wait a few months to get one with a world champs patch. :cool:

Wsoxmike59
12-17-2005, 11:07 PM
The wife has already designated my Soxfest tix and hotel stay as my X-mas gift. That's a pretty solid Sox gift from Mrs Wsoxmick! :D:

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I asked for the Sox Pride DVD, although I'm not that hopeful of getting it under the tree as my mom already told me that she looked around and even one crazy employee claimed that the only place to find it is eBay. :?: I know what I'll be ordering from whitesox.com with money that I hopefully get.

RadioheadRocks
12-17-2005, 11:35 PM
I already have both DVDs and all of the keepsake commemorative books, as well as the Buehrle Wheaties box, numerous pennants, t-shirts, caps and the Santa cap. I haven't actually asked anyone for it yet, but I guess I'd put the White Sox World Champions Monopoly set and the Uno cards on my list, and if I don't get them I'll treat myself to them after the holidays! :D:

Wsoxmike59
12-17-2005, 11:36 PM
I just got home a little while ago doing some X-mas shopping and Walmart and Circuit City had tons of Sox Pride DVD's.

The World Series DVD is getting a little scarce on the shelves however.

dugwood31
12-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Both Sox dvd's, along with an expensive retro jersey, hopefully of the softball-my childhood in the late 70s variety.

Iwritecode
12-18-2005, 12:13 AM
I asked for the Sox Pride DVD, although I'm not that hopeful of getting it under the tree as my mom already told me that she looked around and even one crazy employee claimed that the only place to find it is eBay. :?: I know what I'll be ordering from whitesox.com with money that I hopefully get.

That's not good. :(:

I ordered that DVD and the paperweight shown in my signature from MLB.com. They were literally at the post office just two days ago but I typed in my parents address incorrectly (yes, I'm an idiot) when I ordered it so they think it got sent back. :angry:

Half Cocked Jack
12-18-2005, 12:17 AM
I asked for the Sox Pride DVD, although I'm not that hopeful of getting it under the tree as my mom already told me that she looked around and even one crazy employee claimed that the only place to find it is eBay. :?: I know what I'll be ordering from whitesox.com with money that I hopefully get. No way, I see it everywhere. Tell her to try Borders or Barnes and Noble. They've got a whole stack of them at the Borders in the Loop on State St.

bobbythigpen
12-18-2005, 12:37 AM
already bought a sox WS champs sweatshirt and a sox WS champs hat, and found out today that my lovely girlfriend bought plane tickets to tuscon for spring training for xmas. see you there!

Iwritecode
12-18-2005, 12:49 AM
No way, I see it everywhere. Tell her to try Borders or Barnes and Noble. They've got a whole stack of them at the Borders in the Loop on State St.

Check out his location. :wink:

I'm going out looking for it tomorrow. I'll have to remember those two stores...

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Check out his location. :wink:

I'm going out looking for it tomorrow. I'll have to remember those two stores...
The place that my mom heard the silly eBay comment from was the "old" supercenter Wal-Mart on Riverside Blvd, and that was weeks ago, so it's possible that they could have it by now. I doubt she checked Best Buy, as the place is usually chaotic at this time of the year!

Iwritecode
12-18-2005, 01:01 AM
The place that my mom heard the silly eBay comment from was the "old" supercenter Wal-Mart on Riverside Blvd, and that was weeks ago, so it's possible that they could have it by now. I doubt she checked Best Buy, as the place is usually chaotic at this time of the year!

I (unfortunately) used to work there and have friends that still do. Not the first place I'd go to for advice on where to find new DVDs.

I'll be checking Best Buy, Circuit City, Borders, Barnes and Noble and Media Play tomorrow.

Jurr
12-18-2005, 12:47 PM
2 Soxfest tickets for Saturday
A Majestic Microfleece with the WS logo
An authentic black Guillen jersey w/ WS logo
A Sox mini batter's helmet.
Framed glossy 8 x 10's of different Sox moments during the series. (Apparently you can find them around)
A Miller Lite Sox neon sign for my apartment.

My poor girlfriend got them all.

MarySwiss
12-18-2005, 01:32 PM
I didn't ask for anything specific, but Mr.MarySwiss knows what I already have (1 AL Central Champs T-shirt, 3 WS T-shirts, 1 WS locker room cap, 1 2005 Champions license plate, 1 WS DVD, 1 "Dedicated to..." book, 1 2005 Champs Christmas ornament, 1 Sun-Times special pullout section, and 1 Paul Konerko WS Road jersey) and I told him I'm done for awhile, so he knows it's safe to buy me anything else.

Wait, make that EVERYTHING else! :D:

IggyD
12-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Asking Mrs Clause for a Framed 13.5" x 39" Opening Ceremonies Chicago White Sox Panoramic Picture of the '05 World Series.

Already have:

World Series Jermaine Dye Autographed Ball
Wheaties Box
Soxfest tickets all 3 days
27 Game Double Play Pkg.
3 World Series Shirts
1 World Series Cap

So my Christmas is all set...anything more I am a very happy big kid:bandance:

Fredsox
12-18-2005, 02:09 PM
We have some friends who do custom picture framing. They took the Buehrle Wheaties box, flattened it out so you can see the front and the back, and put it in an oak frame for me.

And it isn't even Christmas yet!

IggyD
12-18-2005, 02:24 PM
We have some friends who do custom picture framing. They took the Buehrle Wheaties box, flattened it out so you can see the front and the back, and put it in an oak frame for me.

And it isn't even Christmas yet!

That sounds sweet...post a pic when you can

TheDarkGundam
12-18-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm getting the road grey bobby jenks jersey, with a world series patch, and two Ozzie plan seats for me and my dad. That's the only specific stuff I asked for, but i'm sure i'll get more stuff.

buehrle4cy05
12-18-2005, 02:57 PM
The Sox Pride DVD. Oh, and a real centerfielder.

:anderson:.

MarySwiss
12-18-2005, 03:17 PM
[TemporaryThreadHijack]This is just slightly off-topic, but when I saw in this thread that some Chicago-area Borders had the Sox Pride DVD, I went and got all optimistic and charged out to the one near me. Not only did they not have that DVD, they didn't even have the World Series DVD, although they did have the 2004 and 2003 WS DVDs...and a DVD of This Old Cub. :angry:

True, I already have the WS DVD, but it's the principle of the thing!

Thanks for the vent. /TemporaryThreadHijack]

PAPChiSox729
12-18-2005, 04:03 PM
I asked for a Pierzynski World Series jersey but I don't think I am going to get that one. However, I did happen to come across an email to my dad saying that the "WORLD CHAMPION WHITE SOX BAT" that he ordered had just been shipped and would arrive in time for Christmas. Hehe.

:cool:

MarySwiss
12-18-2005, 04:26 PM
I asked for a Pierzynski World Series jersey but I don't think I am going to get that one. However, I did happen to come across an email to my dad saying that the "WORLD CHAMPION WHITE SOX BAT" that he ordered had just been shipped and would arrive in time for Christmas. Hehe.

:cool:

You rotten, evil, sneaky little brat, you. Spying on your own father! Kids today suck! :rolleyes:

Palehose13
12-18-2005, 04:35 PM
I asked for this:

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2371447reg.jpg
Mounted Memories Chicago White Sox Chicago White Sox Team Signed Limited Edition Bat

Our Price:
$2499.99

I don't think it's in my girlfriend's budget. :(:

Law11
12-18-2005, 05:10 PM
I asked and received my Ozzie 13 game Package to go along with a ton of WS stuff I already had bought. Christmas came in November for me...

Iwritecode
12-18-2005, 05:47 PM
I got this:

http://i21.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/88/98/21_1.JPG

Leather sleeves, wool body and it's reversable!

I'm hoping a giant beer doesn't fall on my head when I type this but my wife is getting one too. :cool:

MarySwiss
12-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I got this:

I'm hoping a giant beer doesn't fall on my head when I type this but my wife is getting one too. :cool:

SWEET! AND OOOH, I HATE YOU!

Actually, this is one of the rare occasions that I really hate living somewhere where the weather is nice all the time! I have no reason to buy this. But since we're doing the 60-degree temp thing lately (brrrr!), I have at least been able to wear my more-than-20-years-old Sox Starter jacket lately.

So I have THAT going for me!

Daver
12-18-2005, 06:20 PM
I have to wait until January to order my Sox authentic custom jersey, that is when the ones with the Champion patch on them come out.

MarySwiss
12-18-2005, 06:40 PM
I have to wait until January to order my Sox authentic custom jersey, that is when the ones with the Champion patch on them come out.

Daver, did you order it from MLB.com? I ordered a replica road Paul Konerko custom jersey with the patch, and they said 7-10 days out of the warehouse and another 3-8 days for shipping. I don't see why an authentic--i.e., more expensive--one should take longer. Seems weird.

SOXSINCE'70
12-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Both DVD's (Sox Pride and WS). Already have a WS cap,T-shirt and
sweat shirt.A 13 game Ozzie plan would be nice.:D:

Daver
12-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Daver, did you order it from MLB.com? I ordered a replica road Paul Konerko custom jersey with the patch, and they said 7-10 days out of the warehouse and another 3-8 days for shipping. I don't see why an authentic--i.e., more expensive--one should take longer. Seems weird.

I have not ordered it yet, when I do it will be ordered from Triple Threat Sports.

DSpivack
12-18-2005, 07:28 PM
A World Series Championship. Yeah, like that will happen anytime soon. :redface:

MarySwiss
12-18-2005, 08:03 PM
I have not ordered it yet, when I do it will be ordered from Triple Threat Sports.

Never heard of them, but I just checked them out. Nice!
And I will add them to my "Favorites" list.

Fredsox
12-18-2005, 10:27 PM
That sounds sweet...post a pic when you can

Here ya go, in a place of honor on my family room wall.

Theanticub
12-18-2005, 10:33 PM
What White Sox Related Things have you asked for, For the Holidays?

Crede jersey, asked for a nice oak frame to frame my ticket from games 1 and 2 of the world series, and I would really like to get the black and grey warm-ups.

Sox pride dvd.

MasQbellesa
12-19-2005, 03:01 AM
1. White Sox Monopoly Game
2. Plane Ticket to Chicago during my birthday month in June (buy me tickets to a few games and my BD is outta the way too)
3. WS Uno Game
4. WS throw
5. Borrow my brothers empty new house in Phoenix during Spring Training
6. Tickets to all 6 games when the WS come play the Angeles.
7. Nothing Dodgers!

ChiSoxPatF
12-19-2005, 03:15 AM
1. White Sox Monopoly Game

I know it sounds stupid but thats my #1 gift too. About two years ago I was at a gift shop downtown and saw a Flubs Monopoly set. I asked the store owner if he had any Sox-opoly sets. He turns to me, straight-faced, and says "You mean WHITE Sox-opoly? No, I don't think they make those. No one would buy them."

Not a hint of sarcasm, nothing. Since that day I've waited for a Sox set to come just to feel vindicated. Guess all we had to do was win a World Series:gulp: .

I wonder if anyone is buying those Flubs-opoly sets anymore:rolling:

RadioheadRocks
12-19-2005, 03:18 AM
I know it sounds stupid but thats my #1 gift too. About two years ago I was at a gift shop downtown and saw a Flubs Monopoly set. I asked the store owner if he had any Sox-opoly sets. He turns to me, straight-faced, and says "You mean WHITE Sox-opoly? No, I don't think they make those. No one would buy them."

Not a hint of sarcasm, nothing. Since that day I've waited for a Sox set to come just to feel vindicated. Guess all we had to do was win a World Series:gulp: .

I wonder if anyone is buying those Flubs-opoly sets anymore:rolling:

Whereabouts is that gift shop? We should all go down there and yell BOO-YAH!!!!! :D:

IggyD
12-19-2005, 07:47 AM
I got this:

That is my next item after Xmas....found it for $139....it should drop a little more after then

IggyD
12-19-2005, 07:54 AM
I know it is not possible to get one now...but Christmas in July...I want a Konerko Jersey with that big "C".

Iwritecode
12-19-2005, 08:16 PM
I (unfortunately) used to work there and have friends that still do. Not the first place I'd go to for advice on where to find new DVDs.

I'll be checking Best Buy, Circuit City, Borders, Barnes and Noble and Media Play tomorrow.

OK, my mom just called me and said that they have them at Sam's Club. Really cheap too. :cool:

TheDarkGundam
12-19-2005, 11:14 PM
I've already got a Jenks jersey with WS patch from Triple Threat Sports. And by already got, I mean I hope I will get, because I have no idea if I already got it. Or do I? :redneck

Hangar18
12-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Everyone knows that ANYTHING sox related is fine with me
I have been wanting the Black SOX jersey, with 12 Pierzynski and WS Champs patch though .................................

soxfan13
12-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Paul Konerko gray road jersey with world series patch. The wife better come thru!!!!!!

MarySwiss
12-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Slightly off-topic, but nowhere else to put it and not worth starting a thread over:

But Semi-happy Me! I was just out aimlessly wandering around in a strip mall and I spotted a kid about 12 or 13 totally decked out in Sox stuff--Jersey open so you could see the WS T-shirt, plus Sox cap. Of course, I also had my WS T-shirt on, so we chatted a bit and talked about how great next season was going to be. (Kid's here from Chicago for the holidays.)

Then I strolled into Barnes and Noble...and they had the Tribune's "Believe It!" book! One copy.

So I figured I might as well push my luck, so I went to BestBuy looking for the Sox Pride DVD. Nope.

But at least I got the book! Nice! :smile: