PDA

View Full Version : Benefits for Stadium Club?

IspepAloc
12-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm a new ST holder and received an application regarding the Stadium Club. What are the benefits to getting this? What do you get for the $1,000 fee? I tried looking on the whitesox.com website but couldn't find anything, but a brief description of it.

If you could help, that would be appreciated.

TornLabrum
12-17-2005, 10:13 PM
I heard a season ticket holder explain the thousand buck fee this way today: "You pay a thousand dollars for the privilege of spending money there."

itsnotrequired
12-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm a new ST holder and received an application regarding the Stadium Club. What are the benefits to getting this? What do you get for the $1,000 fee? I tried looking on the whitesox.com website but couldn't find anything, but a brief description of it.

If you could help, that would be appreciated.

Do they send the application to ALL full-season ticket holders? I am a first-time full-season titcket holder and have not received an application in the mail nor is there anything on my account page.

hose
12-18-2005, 09:35 AM
I heard a season ticket holder explain the thousand buck fee this way today: "You pay a thousand dollars for the privilege of spending money there."

And it's the opposite of paying for a Costco membership to save money on purchases.

Eating and drinking in the Stadium club is going to set you back a few bucks.

DumpJerry
12-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Do they send the application to ALL full-season ticket holders? I am a first-time full-season titcket holder and have not received an application in the mail nor is there anything on my account page.
Same here.
The Stadium Club is primarily used by ST holders who entertain clients/customers, etc on expense accounts. It's nice (I was there for the first time this year on the upper floor), but can be pricey.

They also do special events there, weddings, conferences, etc.

hose
12-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Sounds like a good recruiting tool for PHG to get more WSI members.:whistle:

Blob
12-18-2005, 11:11 AM

That is exactly it! The money you pay up front is just for getting in to the club for each game. You still have to pay for food and drinks.

The buffet is awesome! It costs about $35 or so for each person. You can also order off the menu. I have never done that because the buffet is usually pretty good. They have like roasted turkey and prime rib. They even offer specialties. Like one time it was Asian food, another it was Mexican.

I have only gone because my last job had tickets. I would pay to go a few times a year, but they only offer the whole season or nothing.

lumpyspun
12-18-2005, 11:13 AM
I went once and ate the chex mix on the tables, that was free!

ewokpelts
12-18-2005, 11:19 AM
That is exactly it! The money you pay up front is just for getting in to the club for each game. You still have to pay for food and drinks.

The buffet is awesome! It costs about $35 or so for each person. You can also order off the menu. I have never done that because the buffet is usually pretty good. They have like roasted turkey and prime rib. They even offer specialties. Like one time it was Asian food, another it was Mexican.

I have only gone because my last job had tickets. I would pay to go a few times a year, but they only offer the whole season or nothing.The problem with teh buffet is that it NOT all you can eat. For 35 bucks, i better be able to go for seconds.
That said, the nachos are KILLER.
Gene

whitesoxwilkes
12-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Our normal MO for the Stadium Club was to eat in the upstairs bar before the game. For 10 bucks, you can get a really good premium sandwich and chips at the sandwich station, or for 15 you can get the smaller buffet they have up there.

The menu entrees are also pretty cheap and tasty.

Blob
12-18-2005, 11:40 AM
The problem with teh buffet is that it NOT all you can eat. For 35 bucks, i better be able to go for seconds.
That said, the nachos are KILLER.
Gene

You are allowed to go up again and again. We have done it many times when we were up there. You just ask the wait person for another plate, no problem.

ewokpelts
12-18-2005, 11:57 AM
You are allowed to go up again and again. We have done it many times when we were up there. You just ask the wait person for another plate, no problem.I've never been in the "restaurant" level, just the "bar" level. They told me no seconds on the buffet up there.
Gene

CLR01
12-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Our normal MO for the Stadium Club was to eat in the upstairs bar before the game. For 10 bucks, you can get a really good premium sandwich and chips at the sandwich station, or for 15 you can get the smaller buffet they have up there.

The menu entrees are also pretty cheap and tasty.

:drool:
Those chips are great.

whitesoxwilkes
12-18-2005, 12:53 PM
I've never been in the "restaurant" level, just the "bar" level. They told me no seconds on the buffet up there.
Gene

This is true. One ticket, one trip.

Hitmen77
12-18-2005, 04:18 PM
so, why do people pay $1000 for the privilige to pay for $10 sandwiches and not-all-you-can-eat buffets?

Am I missing something? I doesn't sound like a good deal the way people are describing it here. But, hey, if some of you guys can drop $1000 for an entrance fee more power to you.

Realist
12-18-2005, 06:09 PM
The food is really good, and it's a great place to dodge the cold and rain in April and May.

Revolution29
12-18-2005, 08:26 PM
I went once and ate the chex mix on the tables, that was free!

Hey, join the club!

My friend's sister's boyfriend (:rolleyes: I know, I know) got us in there. Appearently there is a dress code or something as well, as I had to roll up my frayed shorts, though nobody said anything. It was a blast being up there with my dorkey rolled up shorts, eating free pretzles and drinking free water. I made a point to call some of my buddies and make a point of this while I was up there too.