PDA

View Full Version : Another DC gathering of WSI?

SoxFan64
12-17-2005, 06:15 PM
During the WS many a WSI member got together at Buffalo Billiards in DuPont Circle to watch our team.

Any interest in meeting the first Saturday night in January? Same place -- it is a central location.

Also now may be a good time to start thinking of getting together WSIers for the Sox and O's in Baltimore (last weekend in July). I plan on going up with a fellow Sox fan for the Friday night / Saturday afternoon games. Stay over.

Anyway love to hear from my new found friends about meeting at Buffalo Billiards in January and getting together for Sox- O's in 2006.

:cool:

delben91
12-17-2005, 07:16 PM
I live in NJ now, but I'll be at the games in Baltimore. If there's a "WSI Section" I'll strive to sit there as well.:cool:

SoxFan64
12-18-2005, 12:34 PM
I live in NJ now, but I'll be at the games in Baltimore. If there's a "WSI Section" I'll strive to sit there as well.:cool:

I went to O's web site and single game tickets for that weekend (final one in July) are not available right now. However, we can arrange a group of fans to gather. And we probably ought to start the planning now if we do want to have a group of us sit together.

Otherwise, we can purchase our own tickets and just meet before or after the game.

What do others think?

Tempe
12-18-2005, 05:40 PM
I would do a group buy. I mean for pete's sake it is still December. Set a deadline of maybe end of April. That gives everyone plenty of time to schedule their work/family/friends around that day. April is just a suggestion. The longer you wait the less of a chance you have to keep a specific block of seats open for sale.

I will be moving back to the Midwest around that time. I would rather see them at Sox Park. However if I pass this up I will regret missing a golden opportunity to see the Sox on the road for the first time ever. I lived in Mesa, Az before. Had that been a AL city I would have gone to a Sox game. Of course it is NL, so the opportunity was never there.

Tempe

vafan
12-18-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure I'm able to come to a January get together, but keep me in the loop if y'all decide to go as a group to Camden Yards.

soxfan26
12-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I've relocated to Denver but may still be in town for the Sox - O's series to catch a game with my Dad. Of course we'd love to sit with some totally biased Sox fans so I'll keep an eye out for a thread around that time.

ozzman
12-18-2005, 11:32 PM
i am in the navy reserves and got recalled to go to afghanistan, but i am in DC for the next 8 weeks at anacostia annex.

Hangar18
12-19-2005, 10:33 AM
During the WS many a WSI member got together at Buffalo Billiards in DuPont Circle to watch our team.

Any interest in meeting the first Saturday night in January? Same place -- it is a central location.

Also now may be a good time to start thinking of getting together WSIers for the Sox and O's in Baltimore (last weekend in July). I plan on going up with a fellow Sox fan for the Friday night / Saturday afternoon games. Stay over.

Anyway love to hear from my new found friends about meeting at Buffalo Billiards in January and getting together for Sox- O's in 2006.

:cool:

By all means .......... get together East Coast SOX Fans .......Rejoice, Unite & drink cold beverages

Hokiesox
12-19-2005, 12:04 PM
I'd love to get together for the July games. I don't know about a January get together just yet.