PDA

View Full Version : CSN: Vote for 2005 White Sox moment of year

Fenway
12-17-2005, 12:18 PM
This is what the nominations are

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/chicago-sports-rewind.asp

For the regular season the only thing they could come up with is McCarthy at Fenway? :?:

White Sox moments of the 2005 season

AJ Pierzynski reaches base on a drop third strike in Game 2 of the ALCS against the Angels (October 12, 2005)

Last out to win the World Series in Game 4 against the Astros (October 26, 2005)

The ticker-tape parade and Paul Konerko giving the game ball to Jerry Reinsdorf (October 28, 2005)

Paul Konerko's grand slam in Game 2 of the World Series against the Astros (October 23, 2005)

Scott Podsednik's walk-off home run in Game 2 of the World Series against the Astros (October 23, 2005)

Rookie pitcher Brandon McCarthy throws seven shutout innings in a win against the Red Sox on Labor Day (September 5, 2005)

Other (write in suggestion below)

4th Gen. Sox Fan
12-17-2005, 12:43 PM
AJ's walkoff against the Dogers
Garland's back to back 4 hit shutouts
Buerhle's 1hour 40 minute game
Crede's walkoff against the Indians
Hermanson giving up leadoff triple to Pudge Rodriguez and leaving him stranded as Sox win 2-1
Contreas pitching out of his mind down the stretch
Freddy's one hitter (even if we did lose)

RallyBowl
12-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I wrote-in AJP's walkoff against the Dodgers. For me, that was when I "knew" we were going to win it all.

chisoxfanatic
12-17-2005, 01:55 PM
I voted for Konerko giving the ball to JR. THAT was truly heartwarming! What a great PR move for Konerko...as if he doesn't make tons of those anyways!

Soxzilla
12-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Wow those choices REALLY suck, minus the World Series ones.

Yeah, the best moment was AJP owning a minor league catcher in fundamental baseball.:rolleyes:

That entire 'Crede' walkoff game against the Toons in september was my favorite moment. I knew we couldn't lose this division after that point.

chisoxfanatic
12-17-2005, 01:58 PM
That entire 'Crede' walkoff game against the Toons in september was my favorite moment. I knew we couldn't lose this division after that point.

:hawk
"Joooooooooooeeee......Creeeeede!"

hsnterprize
12-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Here's my write in vote for Sox play of the year...

A.J. Pierzynski stepping on Aaron Boone's back during a Sox 7-6 win over Cleveland late in the season. It was an accident, but somehow symbolic of the Sox overcoming a late-season surge by the Indians to not only win the American League Central, but to silence to hoardes of writers and "experts" who were "licking their chops" over the possibility the Sox could completely lose a 15 game division lead.

I thought it would be a good play to think about.

RallyBowl
12-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Here's my write in vote for Sox play of the year...

A.J. Pierzynski stepping on Aaron Boone's back during a Sox 7-6 win over Cleveland late in the season. It was an accident, but somehow symbolic of the Sox overcoming a late-season surge by the Indians to not only win the American League Central, but to silence to hoardes of writers and "experts" who were "licking their chops" over the possibility the Sox could completely lose a 15 game division lead.

I thought it would be a good play to think about.

I'm quite sure the "Boonewalk" was NOT accidental.

SoxFan64
12-17-2005, 03:28 PM
What no ElDuque? Shutting down the Red Sox was my favorite.

RadioheadRocks
12-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately the poll wouldn't be counted unless you vote in EVERY category. I sent a lot of "OTHER"s and wrote in "None", and lo and behold, my vote finally counted!!!

chisoxfanatic
12-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately the poll wouldn't be counted unless you vote in EVERY category. I sent a lot of "OTHER"s and wrote in "None", and lo and behold, my vote finally counted!!!

For the Cubs, I put "They were NOT in the playoffs!" as my write-in vote! :D:

SOXandILLINI
12-17-2005, 10:02 PM
i gotta go with joe credes walkoff hr, in game 2 of the indians series late in the year, we lose that game we are in a world of hurt.

ode to veeck
12-21-2005, 10:54 PM
the replay of aaron rowand from the dugout rail as Pods hits the HR to win game 2 of the WS " no way ... no way ... NO WAY .... YAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

JermaineDye05
12-21-2005, 11:15 PM
i voted credes walk off against the indians that was a classic call JOOE CREDE

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-22-2005, 06:40 AM
I voted for Konerko giving the ball to JR. THAT was truly heartwarming! What a great PR move for Konerko...as if he doesn't make tons of those anyways!

Interesting...that's exactly what I said the night it happened also. I was at the game, and I stood there, not cheering(in disbelief more than anything else) . I turned to my wife (lifelong Cub fan but, hey....) and said, "This is the year. It happens this year."
When they won the WS, I was sitting with tears in my eyes, and she reminded me of that night. Geez, still get goosebumps talking about it!!! :D:

1951Campbell
12-22-2005, 08:38 AM
What no ElDuque? Shutting down the Red Sox was my favorite.

Mine too.

mrwag
12-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Interesting...that's exactly what I said the night it happened also. I was at the game, and I stood there, not cheering(in disbelief more than anything else) . I turned to my wife (lifelong Cub fan but, hey....) and said, "This is the year. It happens this year."
When they won the WS, I was sitting with tears in my eyes, and she reminded me of that night. Geez, still get goosebumps talking about it!!! :D:

I have to agree with you. I was in Atlanta for business, watching the game on my laptop through MLB TV. I knew at that point the season was ours. Joe sealed the deal that night.

Man, now I'm getting the chills!

ondafarm
12-22-2005, 09:11 AM
I'm voting for the eight inning single by Dye in WS game 4 which scored Willie Harris with the only run of the game. It really symbolized how the Sox won so many games.

Shafe72
12-22-2005, 11:01 AM
First off, I love that there pivotal moments from the regular season are almost too many to list....

I also loved the suicide squeeze at Fenway on Labor Day (Iguchi squeezing in Uribe) against Schilling...set the table for a Walnuts bomb. That kind of aggressive baserunning, even if a few guys (like Pods that game) get picked off, definitely makes life tough for opposing pitchers.

And you can't forget Contreras' complete-game shutout against the Twinks on Sept. 23. I had just flown in from Boston, and though it was a huge relief so have salvaged one game against the Tribe thanks to Crede's walk-off, seeing Jose throw as well he did that day was a huge boost and started some great momentum (leading to taking 3 of 4 from Minn and then clinching in Det.). His splitty was nasty and he struck out Jacque Jones 4 times, the last time to end the game, on three straight spiltties. Insane.

What a season...