PDA

View Full Version : Would you make this Sox&Cubs trade

Whitesox4ever
12-17-2005, 10:57 AM
Went to a bar last with a few friends and we were talking about baseball and a Cub fan came up with this trade

Sox would send
Garland
Crede
Borchard
and the Cubs would give the Sox
A Ramirez
C Patterson
Todd Walker
Rich Hill

chisoxmike
12-17-2005, 11:00 AM
What's the score?

PS: Seriously.

jerry myers
12-17-2005, 11:03 AM
no no no sounds like bad trade. and with the cubs to. we dont need no stinking cubs here.

itsnotrequired
12-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Went to a bar last with a few friends and we were talking about baseball and a Cub fan came up with this trade

Sox would send
Garland
Crede
Borchard
A Ramirez
C Patterson
Todd Walker
Rich Hill

Patterson is included? The Sox would be idiots not to make this trade! I mean, he's a 5-tool player!

:rolleyes:

Whitesox4ever
12-17-2005, 11:09 AM
If we could get Patterson for Borchard that would be a steal for the SoxPatterson is included? The Sox would be idiots not to make this trade! I mean, he's a 5-tool player!

:rolleyes:

He gone
12-17-2005, 11:11 AM
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't take Cory Patterson for Joe Borchard straight up.

itsnotrequired
12-17-2005, 11:14 AM
If we could get Patterson for Borchard that would be a steal for the Sox

The Sox don't need anymore outfielders let alone one of the worst outfielders in the history of baseball. Check out this analysis form 1060west.

http://1060west.blogspot.com/2005/09/patterson-historical-analysis.html

there were only thirteen that fit these lowly conditions (2,000+ ABs, career OBP under .300, 60%+ playing time in the outfield): harry craft. tuck stainback. cito gaston. mickey stanley. bill robinson. tony scott. george wright. tony armas. marvell wynne. john shelby. henry cotto. cory snyder. darrin jackson. and now patterson has become the fourteenth...

Ol' No. 2
12-17-2005, 11:15 AM

Sox would send
Garland
Crede
Borchard
A Ramirez
C Patterson
Todd Walker
Rich HillThat sounds like a trade a Cubs fan would come up with.:rolleyes:

NonetheLoaiza
12-17-2005, 11:31 AM
I've got to stop reading these ridiculous trade proposal threads.

Unbelievable...:kukoo:

Fredsox
12-17-2005, 11:47 AM
And how would we be closer to repeating as World Champions after this? Let's get real folks, if it doesn't slide the bar closer to a championship we're better off standing pat.

buehrle4cy05
12-17-2005, 12:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/COMICB.jpg
"Worst...trade proposal...EVER!"

Whitesox4ever
12-17-2005, 12:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/COMICB.jpg
"Worst...trade proposal...EVER!"

I dont think it's that bad of a deal the Sox would get an
all star 3B huge upgrade over Crede
backup OF with speed and can platoon with Anderson. Plus Patterson is better bat off the bench than Timo..
Good bench player that hits over 300
and a good lefty prospect that can fulfill a need

I email Ken Rosenthal this trade offer just to get his opinion of who would win the trade.
He wrote back that the Sox would make a steal with this trade. Because oF Ramirez&Hill

Mr. White Sox
12-17-2005, 12:11 PM
He wrote back that the Sox would make a steal with this trade. Because oF Ramirez&Hill
I agree, actually. *GASP*. You could flip Hill and Korii if you wanted to as well.

buehrle4cy05
12-17-2005, 12:20 PM
backup OF with speed and can platoon with Anderson. Plus Patterson is better bat off the bench than Timo..
Good bench player that hits over 300
and a good lefty prospect that can fulfill a need

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKorey Patterson would never platoon in center. All he would do is sit on the bench and complain about not getting enough PT. Same with Walker, he wants to start somewhere and deservedly so. And what need would Rich Hill fulfill? I see no need for him on the roster, because McCarthy would take over in the rotation, which then if/when we re-sign Jose, we would have a rotation that is locked up into 2007, when a Lance Broadway will be fully ready for the majors. IMO, Hill is looked upon so highly because he's the best pitching prospect that the Cubs have, which isn't saying a whole lot. Anybody in their right mind would take the .300/30/100 offense of Aramis Ramirez, but Joe Crede is much better on defense, and if he ever goes down, we have a suitable backup in Mackowiak off the bench. Also, don't forget Crede's clubhouse presence, we don't know how Ramirez would fair. He kind of strikes me as a prima-donna who puts himself before the team. Mackowiak is our backup outfielder, third baseman, and second baseman, and he is a lefty bat who can hit .280 off the bench. Pablo Ozuna can play 3B, SS, and 2B, so we're set there, too. I also would much rather keep Garland in the rotation this year unless we can get a very good setup man for Jenks/Hermanson.

chisoxfanatic
12-17-2005, 12:33 PM
:threadsucks

KRS1
12-17-2005, 12:35 PM
:threadblows:

RallyBowl
12-17-2005, 12:43 PM
:fireshoop

Shoop should be the new Threadsucks Guy.

Banix12
12-17-2005, 01:46 PM

Sox would send
Garland
Crede
Borchard
A Ramirez
C Patterson
Todd Walker
Rich Hill

The only guy on this deal I would even want is Hill. Aramis is a sloppy defender and comes off as a lazy player. Patterson is a 4th OF at best at starter money and the sox have nowhere to play Walker.

The cubs are not even in the market for Garland so this is a stupid idea anyway but IF there was a trade for Garland with the cubs. I'd trade them Garland for Hill, Will Ohman and a another minor league pitching prospect. Maybe take Adam Greenberg as a 4th OF.

Also, in response to a few of the other posts. If there were a deal for Borchard for Patterson straight up I would take that deal. Patterson has at least hit above .200 at the major league level and has better trade value. Put him at the 4th OF spot and try and build back his confidence and maybe he gets back to 2004 numbers. If he gets better ship him off somewhere else at the deadline.

Hitmen77
12-17-2005, 01:51 PM
The Sox don't need anymore outfielders let alone one of the worst outfielders in the history of baseball. Check out this analysis form 1060west.

http://1060west.blogspot.com/2005/09/patterson-historical-analysis.html

quote: there were only thirteen that fit these lowly conditions (2,000+ ABs, career OBP under .300, 60%+ playing time in the outfield): harry craft. tuck stainback. cito gaston. mickey stanley. bill robinson. tony scott. george wright. tony armas. marvell wynne. john shelby. henry cotto. cory snyder. darrin jackson. and now patterson has become the fourteenth...

:DJ
"Uh oh, how did I get dragged into this?"

munchman33
12-17-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.

We'd get another starter in Hill that would be locked up for a while. He'd probably not complain about spending next year in the pen. And his upside is pretty high.

Ramirez is a beast. And he could certainly hit third, fourth, or fifth if we wanted him to. He's not the best defender, but he isn't as bad as he used to be. He's worked pretty hard on his defense. And his back isn't a swing away from giving out.

Patterson could be kept and platooned in center. Or, more likely, he could be dealt somewhere for prospects. And he'd probably get a decent return.

ShoelessJoeS
12-17-2005, 02:33 PM

Sox would send
Garland
Crede
Borchard
A Ramirez
C Patterson
Todd Walker
Rich Hill
*long sigh*

Banix12
12-17-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.

We'd get another starter in Hill that would be locked up for a while. He'd probably not complain about spending next year in the pen. And his upside is pretty high.

Ramirez is a beast. And he could certainly hit third, fourth, or fifth if we wanted him to. He's not the best defender, but he isn't as bad as he used to be. He's worked pretty hard on his defense. And his back isn't a swing away from giving out.

Patterson could be kept and platooned in center. Or, more likely, he could be dealt somewhere for prospects. And he'd probably get a decent return.

Oh, I would probably do it too since most of the guys in the deal can be dealt off for more value and I believe this favors the white sox, especially if the sox can flip patterson and walker off for a lefty reliever.

Right now though it makes absolutely no sense for the cubs to offer this deal. Their needs are almost all offensive and they don't really have a glaring need right now for Jon Garland. Trading off one their best offensive players for a pitcher who would probably slot #3 in their current rotation is hardly what they need.

KRS1
12-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Oh, I would probably do it too since most of the guys in the deal can be dealt off for more value and I believe this favors the white sox, especially if the sox can flip patterson and walker off for a lefty reliever.

Right now though it makes absolutely no sense for the cubs to offer this deal. Their needs are almost all offensive and they don't really have a glaring need right now for Jon Garland. Trading off one their best offensive players for a pitcher who would probably slot #3 in their current rotation is hardly what they need.

Yeah theres lots of interest out there for kkkkkkkkorey, look at all the luck the Cubs are having getting rid of him.

RallyBowl
12-17-2005, 03:15 PM
they don't really have a glaring need right now for Jon Garland.

Yeah, we all know the cubs have no use for a pitcher who doesn't get injured and can give you at least 14 wins and 200 innings.

I'm not for this trade, or ANY trade with the coobs, but come on, man. Seriously. They would love to have Garland, or someone equal to him.

Optipessimism
12-17-2005, 03:31 PM

I would do that trade, and since this is a BS PS2 trade idea, I will speak in BS PS2 language:

We send Walker somewhere for a middle reliever.

We send Ramirez + Hill to the Phillies for Jimmy Rollins. Then we move Uribe to 3B and Rollins becomes a switch-hitting no.2 hitter.

Patterson we could send off in another Escobar-for-Owens type trade (which of course may not pan out as well as the Owens deal has so far, but would still be worth a try).

McCarthy moves to the fifth spot in the rotation behind Vazquez.

KW signs a couple pitchers to minor league deals to compete with our guys for one final spot on the roster as a longman/mopup guy.

Our lineup:
L Pods LF
S Rollins SS
R Iguchi 2B
R Konerko 1B
L Thome DH
R Dye RF
L Pierzynski C
R Anderson CF
R Uribe 3B

Optipessimism
12-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Actually though, I'd rather see us send Garland and Crede to the Phils for Rollins and maybe a prospect or something. If anything, I think we should only trade Jon if he helps the ML team right now. We already traded Gio and Young, so no use stopping now.

Banix12
12-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, we all know the cubs have no use for a pitcher who doesn't get injured and can give you at least 14 wins and 200 innings.

I'm not for this trade, or ANY trade with the coobs, but come on, man. Seriously. They would love to have Garland, or someone equal to him.

Would they love to have Garland, sure. Would the cubs trade for Garland at the expense of trading their #4 hitter, god no. Just for the sake of argument, using this trade that was proposed, here would be the cubs lineup next year.

1. Pierre
2. Cedeno
3. Lee
4. Crede
5. Barrett
6. Murton
7. Borchard
8. Perez

That might be the one of the worst lineups in baseball history. The marlins will field a better lineup than that next year. Sure the cubs would like Garland, any team would like garland. However if it took the trade proposed in this thread, it wouldn't happen. I know how low the opinions of Hendry are on this board but he is nowhere near that stupid.

Yeah theres lots of interest out there for kkkkkkkkorey, look at all the luck the Cubs are having getting rid of him.

Wait until Damon signs. He'll be the consolation prize and they'll be able to get decent talent in return. His 2004 numbers show he probably isn't a lost cause. It does mean that he is probably a lost cause as a leadoff man, but that is a position he should have never been in the first place. Borchard on the other hand, now there is a lost cause. If I could flip Borchard for Corey I would do it in a heartbeat. Corey's ceiling at the major league level appears much higher right now.

BeviBall!
12-17-2005, 11:38 PM
I've got to stop reading these ridiculous trade proposal threads.

Unbelievable...:kukoo:

Seriously... since there are so many rules to posting on this site, surely there's a rule against starting these stupid trade idea and future lineup threads.

Tragg
12-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Offensively only; and at a cool $10 million a year. Can't come close to affording that and keeping a top flight pitching staff.

DenverSock
12-19-2005, 01:14 PM
What's the score?

PS: Seriously.
That's exactly right!

WhiteSoxFan84
12-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Why are we even discussing this?

THE CUBS SUCK!

MsSoxVixen22
12-19-2005, 01:42 PM

Sox would send
Garland
Crede
Borchard
A Ramirez
C Patterson
Todd Walker
Rich Hill

:hawk

"Nnnnnno!"

nodiggity59
12-19-2005, 01:50 PM

Sox would send
Garland
Crede
Borchard
A Ramirez
C Patterson
Todd Walker
Rich Hill

:hawk

That is B.S.!