PDA

View Full Version : What would it take....

jerrykrause4pres
12-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Just a thought as I continue to dream up of scenarios to where Jon Garland could be headed...not sure how well this idea would go over with most of youg guys...but in hearing that the Dodgers are interested in Garland, does anyone think the Sox could pry Eric Gagne from LA? They have Brazoban who could close, and Gagne was hurt last year...so i'd assume his trade value would be down a touch. I know we have Jenks and I'm not saying Jenks can't close...but how lights out would our bullpen be wit Jenks Cotts Polite Hermie and GAGNE? Thoughts anyone....?

patbooyah
12-17-2005, 02:14 AM
regardless of a possible trade, the sox could make back all of gagne's trade money on merchandise alone. it is so cool seeing it when i go to dodgers games. also- they have a wild thing type intro for him that gives me the shivers.

in fact, when my buddy saw it for the first time, he said "i hope gagne never gets hurt because i don't know what he'd do without this ego boost"

Nellie_Fox
12-17-2005, 02:17 AM
Once power pitchers start to break down, it's usually irrevocable. Why would you trade a young starter in his prime for a closer who may well be through?