PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Opening Night Sold Out?

StillMissOzzie
12-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Well maybe not yet, but soon. I dawdled for a few days and went online to buy the Ozzie Plan a few minutes ago. I was trying to buy 2 tickets, but if I've got this right, I only got a singleton for Opening Night!

So who's got two for the banner-raiser?

SMO
:?: :(: :angry: :whiner:

HomeFish
12-17-2005, 02:26 AM
I only got a singleton for Opening Night!

You should trade it for a Willie Harris while you still can.

Does it seriously look like Opening Day will sell out via Ozzie Plan? That would be a first.

oeo
12-17-2005, 09:56 AM
You should trade it for a Willie Harris while you still can.

Does it seriously look like Opening Day will sell out via Ozzie Plan? That would be a first.

Nope, because Ozzie Plan holders can only buy 1 ticket, therefore I doubt it will sell out this soon, but who knows?

BRDSR
12-17-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm still holding out hope that Double Play ticket holders will get a chance to pick up a couple seats in January. If not, it's going to get a little pricey to go to my 3rd straight Opening Day.

hose
12-17-2005, 11:51 AM
I think I'm going to put opening day up for bid on the Sox board it should demand a good buck.

I've already started thinking about doing the same for the Yankees/Red Sox/Cubs series.

No way in the world can I make it to 81 games, so I would rather re-coop some of my money back on regular season games and then spend that toward playoffs and WS tickets.:bandance:

chisoxmike
12-17-2005, 12:11 PM
I've already started thinking about doing the same for the Yankees/Red Sox/Cubs series.

I know some people that are thinking of doing that. You'll be able to get someone stupid enough to pay top dollar too for those tickets, and more power to you! You could have a possible playoff ticket balance paid off, or a nice chunck of 2007's balance paid off. It's a smart idea if you don't want to go to those games.

Viva Medias B's
12-17-2005, 10:46 PM
I think certain split season ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase Opening Night tickets. I had that this past season.

BeefyD
12-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Don't forget, people, since this is Opening Day and flag raising, I'm sure MLB has a bunch of tickets on hold for the sponsors....

ewokpelts
12-18-2005, 12:21 PM
I think I'm going to put opening day up for bid on the Sox board it should demand a good buck.

No way in the world can I make it to 81 games, so I would rather re-coop some of my money back on regular season games and then spend that toward playoffs and WS tickets.:bandance:if you're a 27/81 game holder, you'll be able to sell your tickets directly on www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com)

Gene

WagMan
12-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Nope, because Ozzie Plan holders can only buy 1 ticket, therefore I doubt it will sell out this soon, but who knows?

I ordered the Ozzie plan the first day it was on sale and I got 2 for the nose bleeds. But, maybe that's just me...

hose
12-18-2005, 06:57 PM
if you're a 27/81 game holder, you'll be able to sell your tickets directly on www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com)

Gene

I didn't try and sell any last year on the Sox board , but this year I will.

WikdChiSoxFan
12-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Didn't they release a batch of tickets last year for walk-ups the day of Opening Day?

Sad
12-19-2005, 08:34 AM
I ordered the Ozzie plan the first day it was on sale and I got 2 for the nose bleeds. But, maybe that's just me...

I've also got 2 in 506 Row 8 or something...
I may offload em in favor of the Tuesday game/ ring ceremony...

Sad
12-19-2005, 10:26 AM

I checked this morning out of curiosity and it listed that game as not available...

Scotty347
12-19-2005, 11:04 AM
I checked this morning out of curiosity and it listed that game as not available...

Keep in mind they are holding back tickets for potential season ticket purchasers.

Whatever doesn't get sold by the middle of January should be put back in the pool.

itsnotrequired
12-19-2005, 11:10 AM

Other posters have mentioned that since this will be a nationally televised game, sponsors and what have you will probably be getting a lot of tickets. I'm betting tickets for Opening Day are "on hold" until they get it straightened out. At the time tickets stopped being available, they hadn't even filled up the two furthest sections.

ewokpelts
12-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Other posters have mentioned that since this will be a nationally televised game, sponsors and what have you will probably be getting a lot of tickets. I'm betting tickets for Opening Day are "on hold" until they get it straightened out. At the time tickets stopped being available, they hadn't even filled up the two furthest sections.it's also a regular season game that NOT played between boston and new york.....expect most withheld tix to go to local politicos(except g-rod) and local movers/shakers.....
Gene

NU Nish 13
12-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Just looking for some clarification on this...the banner raising will occur during the home opener (sunday night), and the ring ceremony is during the Tuesday day game?...is this confirmed or merely speculation?...and wouldn't they have both the day of the home opener since it's now the MLB opener on ESPN?...any details regarding the banner raising/ring ceremony would be great

itsnotrequired
12-19-2005, 02:47 PM
AJ signing brings more good news: Opening Day seats are once again available for the Ozzie Plan.

EDIT: Well, it was for about 2 minutes. It is now listed as unavailable...again.

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, looks like it is back up and running. Tickets are in the same sections that they were before the "outage".

bobbythigpen
12-19-2005, 03:46 PM
My Ozzie Plan ticket rep just called me. No more Opening Day tickets available on the OP, but plenty for the Tuesday (ring ceremony) and Wednesday (something with the trophy) games.

itsnotrequired
12-19-2005, 03:51 PM
My Ozzie Plan ticket rep just called me. No more Opening Day tickets available on the OP, but plenty for the Tuesday (ring ceremony) and Wednesday (something with the trophy) games.

Wow. Maybe that's why Ticketmaster has been a little wonky for the last few hours. It would let you pick opening day and then if you tried a half hour later, it wouldn't. Then it was running again a half-hour after that. It appears to be down again.

itsnotrequired
12-19-2005, 07:06 PM
It appears to be down again.

...and now it is working again. Looks like its a crapshoot to get Opening Day tickets. Better grab them now...

DaveIsHere
12-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Well it sounds like i will not be able to get tickets for opening day, do you think they will show it on ESPN Sunday night?

Fenway
12-20-2005, 12:58 PM
The national scalper database has now posted prices :angry:

http://www.aceticket.com/LiveTicketDetail.asp?EventID=417198

Stoky44
12-20-2005, 01:05 PM
The national scalper database has now posted prices :angry:

http://www.aceticket.com/LiveTicketDetail.asp?EventID=417198

Ouch!

The Dude
12-20-2005, 01:08 PM
I sure hope i can get at least a single for my father when they allow full season ticket holders first dibs at individual tickets. No way would I pay 200 for one of those scalped tickets!

nevr say dye sox
12-20-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't think you'll have to worry about it, there will be enough people who will!

The Deacon
12-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Well it sounds like i will not be able to get tickets for opening day, do you think they will show it on ESPN Sunday night?

I'm sure the SOX reserve tickets for the general public on the date they go on sale. They won't let the season ticket holders eat them ALL up. I'm pretty sure many ticket holders like myself will be buying them up for their friends though. It will be interesting to see.

DaveIsHere
12-20-2005, 05:19 PM
I am always good for two tickets, and hell I will even cook ya a burger during the tailgate(or steak) and buy you a few beers(or dozen):D:

anewman35
12-20-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm sure the SOX reserve tickets for the general public on the date they go on sale. They won't let the season ticket holders eat them ALL up. I'm pretty sure many ticket holders like myself will be buying them up for their friends though. It will be interesting to see.

They let the season ticket holders eat all the Cubs tickets up, don't they?

soxwon
12-20-2005, 07:33 PM
my rep was telling me that season ticket holders will have first chance at tickets, he wasnt sure exactly when, but Possibly a week before they go onsale to the public.

redsand22
12-22-2005, 03:09 PM
my rep was telling me that season ticket holders will have first chance at tickets, he wasnt sure exactly when, but Possibly a week before they go onsale to the public.

is this only for full season ticket holders? I'm a 27game holder.. and would love to get to the home opener. I've been going for the last 7 years or so.