PDA

View Full Version : Sox pregame images/music

mike squires
12-16-2005, 11:43 PM
This may be dumb question #26 but just wondering...Do the sox change the intro and video images every year? I'm pretty sure they've used Thunderstruck for awhile now. I'm sure the Sox will add World Series stuff next season but with it being so popular do you see them keeping it?

anewman35
12-17-2005, 12:12 AM
This may be dumb question #26 but just wondering...Do the sox change the intro and video images every year? I'm pretty sure they've used Thunderstruck for awhile now. I'm sure the Sox will add World Series stuff next season but with it being so popular do you see them keeping it?

They started using Thunderstruck in mid 2004. Opening day 2005 (possibly all series) they used "Right Now" by Van Halen, but that was just awful so they went back to Thunderstruck right afterwards. There were different videos each year (and I think the 2005 one even updated a few times during the year), but I can't really see next year's changing too much (except with the addition of 2005 stuff). It's becoming too much of a tradition to mess with it.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-17-2005, 02:27 AM
They started using Thunderstruck in mid 2004. Opening day 2005 (possibly all series) they used "Right Now" by Van Halen, but that was just awful so they went back to Thunderstruck right afterwards. There were different videos each year (and I think the 2005 one even updated a few times during the year), but I can't really see next year's changing too much (except with the addition of 2005 stuff). It's becoming too much of a tradition to mess with it.
They can finally change the last part of the video where it shows a 2000 AL Central champions pennant to one that says 2005 World Series champions. :smile:

chisoxfan83
12-17-2005, 03:04 PM
I can't wait to see what they do with the opening video, from the work they done in the past I am sure it won't disappoint

C-Dawg
12-17-2005, 05:25 PM
(and I think the 2005 one even updated a few times during the year)

Shingo was edited out of it; that's the only change I noticed. I was curious if anyone noticed any others.