PDA

View Full Version : I need your help!

oeo
12-16-2005, 06:04 PM
I've started to create a Sox movie, nothing spectacular, just something to do over Christmas break and I hope it turns out pretty well. What I need from you guys is the Top Plays you'd like to see in it. I know the obvious ones, AJ's walk-off, Paulie's Game 2 Slam, Podsednik's Walk-Off, etc. I don't want to miss any of them, though. I'm probably going to put a lot of clips into it, but somehow I know I'm going to miss some important ones to the season (and to you). So if you can just put a couple down that you know are the best, or are just important to you, it would mean a lot.

Thanks for the help, and whenever it's finished, you guys will be the first to know!

EDIT: Also, song suggestions for background music. Maybe Thunderstruck, maybe Don't Stop Believin'...let me know.

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Hernandez's 6th inning against the Red Sox in the ALDS, Crede's walk-off HR in September (?), Thomas's last HR as a White Sox, Dye's Grand Slam in Colorado (was it?). There's a few that I think should be in there.

oeo
12-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Hernandez's 6th inning against the Red Sox in the ALDS, Crede's walk-off HR in September (?), Thomas's last HR as a White Sox, Dye's Grand Slam in Colorado (was it?). There's a few that I think should be in there.

Thanks, and Dye's slam was in Chicago I believe (unless he had more than one) on July 4th against the Devil Rays.

y2j2785
12-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Thanks, and Dye's slam was in Chicago I believe (unless he had more than one) on July 4th against the Devil Rays.

It was this game cus I was there :smile:

How bout the Back-to-back-to-back HR's off of Randy Johnson

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-16-2005, 06:24 PM

I don't believe I forgot that one. I was there too.

But it should be: Back-to-Back-to-Back; 3-Run Shot HR's

oeo
12-16-2005, 06:26 PM

So was I :cool:

How could I forget the back-to-back-to-back homeruns. :smile:

zach074
12-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Aarons homer in San Diego.

jerry myers
12-16-2005, 07:24 PM
I like uribes 2 final outs in the ws.

oeo
12-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks so far, keep 'em coming.

Ol' No. 2
12-16-2005, 07:50 PM
You can't possibly leave out the strikeout that wasn't.

Brian26
12-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Ross Gload's diving stab and flip to Shingo for the final out on Opening Day against the Tribe.

The standing ovation for Frank Thomas for his return on Memorial Day.

The end of that same Memorial Day Game, with Timo slicing a shot to left to score Willie for the comeback win against the Angels.

PK and Dye going back-to-back for the come-from-behind victory in Game 2 against the Tribe.

Joe Crede's walkoff blast against Cleveland on Sept 20. JOE....CREDEEEE!

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-16-2005, 08:03 PM
How about Uribe's fly out in the stands in WS Game 4? Jon Garland's 8 stait wins (although that may be hard to show) and Contreras's 1st complete game in the majors. Don't forget about WS Game 3 when Buehrle closed the game out.

IggyD
12-16-2005, 08:18 PM
I've started to create a Sox movie, nothing spectacular, just something to do over Christmas break and I hope it turns out pretty well. What I need from you guys is the Top Plays you'd like to see in it. I know the obvious ones, AJ's walk-off, Paulie's Game 2 Slam, Podsednik's Walk-Off, etc. I don't want to miss any of them, though. I'm probably going to put a lot of clips into it, but somehow I know I'm going to miss some important ones to the season (and to you). So if you can just put a couple down that you know are the best, or are just important to you, it would mean a lot.

Thanks for the help, and whenever it's finished, you guys will be the first to know!

EDIT: Also, song suggestions for background music. Maybe Thunderstruck, maybe Don't Stop Believin'...let me know.

Check out my vids...you may find some that you can use

lths06
12-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Come on Timo, Come on Timo, COME ON TIMO, SAFE!!!

Brian26
12-16-2005, 08:58 PM

Well, that would be on a 2004 highlight reel, along with Borchard's 500' bomb and Caballo's hitting streak. I'd rather watch the 2005 movie instead :D:

lths06
12-16-2005, 10:11 PM
ugh, they all blend together :redface:

mike squires
12-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Ross Gload's diving stab and flip to Shingo for the final out on Opening Day against the Tribe.

The standing ovation for Frank Thomas for his return on Memorial Day.

The end of that same Memorial Day Game, with Timo slicing a shot to left to score Willie for the comeback win against the Angels.

PK and Dye going back-to-back for the come-from-behind victory in Game 2 against the Tribe.

Joe Crede's walkoff blast against Cleveland on Sept 20. JOE....CREDEEEE!
That Memorial day game seems like forever ago. I can't believe that happened in 05. First ever come from behind win in the 9th after over 20 years of attending Whitesox baseball games. I was so dejected after Carl struck out. I was thinking, "how does this always happen to me?" To just going crazy. I only get to one or two games a year these days and I just happened to pick Frank's comeback game. What a day.

dlee120
12-17-2005, 01:53 AM

Sept 20th i believe was crede's walkoff vs Jndians. Also in that game AJ stepping on (as Fenway would say)Aaron ******* Boone's back. I would also like to see TIMO's game winning 2rbi single in May in bot 9 vs the angels on Memorial day (yeah i was there). PLEASE INCLUDE JEFF BLUM'S SLIDE vs. the Twinkies :cool: ! It was huge at the time!

Others i wouldn't mind seeing
ALDS game 2: Iguchi's 3 run bomb
Any clip from opening day and the 1-0 win over the Indians
Buerhle starting in the all star game
Big Frank's first AB of 2005
any 'vote for scott' clips
Any Rowand highlight...esp vs the Spankees

I think those are all the highlights I want to see.

I didnt read prior posts until after I posted this! Mike Squires what a game we saw!

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-17-2005, 02:18 AM
How about when Ozuna stole home?

RallyBowl
12-17-2005, 02:27 AM
All good ones. I think it could use more pitching highlights. Buerhle's post-season save, A bunch of Bobby Jenks K's, and DOMINATION in the four complete games.

chisoxfanatic
12-17-2005, 03:17 AM
How about Rowand's 2-run single against the Dodgers on Father's Day? I was sitting in the middle of Section 162 for the game, and it seemed like everyone else around me had no faith in a comeback; however, I just sensed it would happen!

Or, how about the final out for Buehrle's complete game shutout of the Mariners in 1:39.

oeo
12-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Sept 20th i believe was crede's walkoff vs Jndians. Also in that game AJ stepping on (as Fenway would say)Aaron ******* Boone's back. I would also like to see TIMO's game winning 2rbi single in May in bot 9 vs the angels on Memorial day (yeah i was there). PLEASE INCLUDE JEFF BLUM'S SLIDE vs. the Twinkies :cool: ! It was huge at the time!

Others i wouldn't mind seeing
ALDS game 2: Iguchi's 3 run bomb
Any clip from opening day and the 1-0 win over the Indians
Buerhle starting in the all star game
Big Frank's first AB of 2005
any 'vote for scott' clips
Any Rowand highlight...esp vs the Spankees

I think those are all the highlights I want to see.

I didnt read prior posts until after I posted this! Mike Squires what a game we saw!

Thank you for all the help, so far. I don't know what the "Geoff Blum Slide" is, though. :(:

RallyBowl
12-17-2005, 09:35 AM
I forget what game it was, But as he slid into third, he looked like dead meat, the third baseman just made a lazy swipe and Geoff pulled his foot back in mid-slide causing the tag to miss. Classic.

dlee120
12-17-2005, 11:22 AM
If you go to mlb.com you can peruse every white sox game and see the highlights. go to the multimedia guide, then 2005 season, then search by team then date.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/mediacenter/currentseason.jsp

This will allow you to find out when certain plays took place (albeit not the fastest method im sure) and possibly give you some more highlight ideas. just a thought. good luck filling your winter break, this is an excellent way of doing so.

Oh yeah, my main purpose for this post was to let you know when Blum's slide took place. It was August 25 at Minn.

BigHurt359300
12-17-2005, 03:53 PM
i dont know if its a "higlight" but showing a clip or something of every player on the team might be cool

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Frank's 13th inning HR in Detroit and Frank's absolute bomb in Colorado to straight away center field. I loved the Colorado one, nearly everyone in the park was cheering as it was an absolute laugher(15-5 White Sox victory).

y2j2785
12-17-2005, 06:20 PM
I have a few more suggestions:
Dye's GW HR of Donnelly to beat the Angels
Thomas' HR against the Rockies
Podsednik's leap into the crowd at Yankee Stadium
Back to Back HR's off Wickman in the opening series against the Indians
Konerko HR in Game 3 of the ALDS
Anderson's 2 HR's off of 'King' Felix

WhiteSoxFan84
12-17-2005, 06:51 PM
- Game 2 of the year, vs. Cleveland, 4 run ninth.

- Konerko's 2 HRs/Buehrle's CG 3-hitter vs. Mariners on 4/16

- White Sox beat Royals at home 2-1 with just 2 hits (and HUGE 4 walks)! (on 5/5)

- Podsednik stealing 4 bases at home vs. Baltimore vs. Javy Lopez and get Javy Lopez's reaction after the 4th SB. He looked into the dugout, started laughing, and shoke as head almost to say, "Who the hell can stop this guy?" (it was on 5/14)

SoxEd
12-17-2005, 07:27 PM
IMO you have to include the obvious, telegraphed, suicide squeeze against Boston in the 9th inning of Game 3 of the ALDS - I think it was when Ozuna stole home, like CWSpalehoseCWS said.

That was just outstanding baseball execution/entertainment, and it showed the wider world of casual fans/ESPN that our team could do the little things as well as the big things like Iguchi's 3-run homer! :wink:

chisoxfanatic
12-17-2005, 07:36 PM
IMO you have to include the obvious, telegraphed, suicide squeeze against Boston in the 9th inning of Game 3 of the ALDS - I think it was when Ozuna stole home, like CWSpalehoseCWS said.

Ozuna actually stole home in a regular season game against Kansas City. That was Pierzynski you're thinking of who was involved in that play, though not counted for a stolen base, as suicide squeezes aren't counted as such.

RetireWoodys28
12-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Don't forget
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/poetrychurch/chokethis.jpg
and
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/poetrychurch/crede.jpg
I was at that last one, July 18th vs. the Tigers. Frank hit his (apparently) last HR ever in a Sox uniform the next inning. What a game. WHAT A YEAR!

thomas35forever
12-18-2005, 12:34 AM
I'd like to pick one from a game I was at, so I'll pick Paulie coming through in the 7th inning against the Orioles when he drove in the tying and go-ahead runs.

Also:

Mark Buehrle urging the fans to "vote for Scott"
Mark squirting the fans with the hose
The fans giving a standing ovation to Scott after he was voted in
Frank hitting the game-winning homer against the Tigers

soxinem1
12-18-2005, 09:26 PM

Wasn't this in 2004?