PDA

View Full Version : Status of Coaching Staff

skottyj242
12-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Does anyone know the status of the coaching staff? Is everyone coming back? Do the coaches sign contracts or are they just year to year "help."

Also on a related note a co-worker and I were discussing compensation of pitching/bench/first and third base/coaches. Anyone have any idea how much these guys get paid? Just curious.

jerry myers
12-16-2005, 08:27 PM
not much info on none of that. but i hope they all are coming back.

kevin57
12-16-2005, 08:40 PM
I think they're all coming back. I know the Yanks tried to lure Coop away. Thank God they weren't successful.

Now, if anyone would like Joey Cora... :cool:

gowhitesox
12-16-2005, 09:41 PM
The only one of the coaching staff I don't like is Joey Cora. I didn't care that much for him in his play days. I assume everyone is coming back, haven't heard anything different.

dlee120
12-17-2005, 02:37 AM
The only one of the coaching staff I don't like is Joey Cora. I didn't care that much for him in his play days. I assume everyone is coming back, haven't heard anything different.

I thought if the White Sox won the world series Ozzie was retiring?

gowhitesox
12-17-2005, 09:48 AM
I thought if the White Sox won the world series Ozzie was retiring?

That's what I thought too, but he must have changed his mind. Perhaps he wants another World Series ring!!

Fred Manrique
12-17-2005, 10:25 AM

This is completely just a guess, but I think Joey and Ozzie are on the same page from playing together for a few years. Joey isnt as laid back as Harold, but he's also not as intense as Ozzie, so he's a nice middle man in my opinion.

SoxFan64
12-17-2005, 03:31 PM
This is based on my old faulty recall but I think Cooper was NOT going to the Yankees in Ocotber because he was under contract with the Sox through 2006. He had signed a multi-year contract either in 2004 or 2005.

The others -- I have no idea.