PDA

View Full Version : WSI roadtrip

Fake Chet Lemon
12-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Has WSI ever tried to target a road series for a huge road trip? After winning the World Series, I'd love to just walk into an opposing city in full White Sox World Series garb and just take it over and dominate. Get cocky, talk smack in the parking lot, chant Paul-ee during the game, you get the idea. We got a small taste of that in Milwaukee last year and it was cool. That Cincinnati trip looks like a good target. Not sure if it's easy to get tickets there though.

DumpJerry
12-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Detroit is closer. So is the North Side of Chicago.

MUsoxfan
12-16-2005, 02:39 PM
That Cincinnati trip looks like a good target. Not sure if it's easy to get tickets there though.

Cincinnati Reds

1,943,157 att

23,989 avg. attendance

MLB Rank: 25

I don't think it will be a problem getting tickets

longshot7
12-16-2005, 02:47 PM
you mean you want to go and act like a complete ass? You mean like a Yankee or Red Sox fan?? That's not us, man. Let's enjoy our spoils, but no need to be jerks to anyone that's not a Yankee or Red Sox fan.

btw, I'm going to Pittsburgh.

MUsoxfan
12-16-2005, 02:47 PM

I'll meet you there and buy you a beer

soxfan43
12-16-2005, 03:01 PM
I think the series vs the reds, or any vs the tigers would work well. I'm not sure about the tigers attendance, but I know from the games ive attended at the great american ballpark its always empty.

Black Jack 29
12-16-2005, 03:10 PM
If I'm not mistaken, aren't all of the game in Detroit on weekdays? I had looked at that as a potential destination myself, but I don't believe there are any weekend games up there.

Cincy here I come.:cool:

Chicken Dinner
12-16-2005, 03:13 PM
If I'm not mistaken, aren't all of the game in Detroit on weekdays? I had looked at that as a potential destination myself, but I don't believe there are any weekend games up there.

Cincy here I come.:cool:

This is true

mweflen
12-16-2005, 03:40 PM
I went to Detroit last year and had a fine time. It was a really cheap trip via Amtrak, and the Sox won, to boot.

You can read about it on my blog, linked in my sig.

C-Dawg
12-16-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm going to one or two games in Cincinnati.

redsand22
12-16-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm going to one or two games in Cincinnati.

I took a week this year and did a game in NY and then one in Boston last. Awesome trip to go and see Yankee stadium and Fenway park. I'd like to check out Miller and Jacbos this year.

miker
12-16-2005, 04:40 PM
White Sox Hooligans Terrorize Opponent's Cities
Rogue website helps small but dangerous group of Sox fans
organize riots in other major league cities

longshot7
12-16-2005, 04:47 PM
White Sox Hooligans Terrorize Opponent's Cities
Rogue website helps small but dangerous group of Sox fans
organize riots in other major league cities

nice!

SOXintheBURGH
12-16-2005, 04:53 PM
You are all cordially invited to PNC Park at the end of June. I'll buy Yuengling kegs and yin's can crash at my place.

mweflen
12-16-2005, 05:02 PM
You are all cordially invited to PNC Park at the end of June. I'll buy Yuengling kegs and yin's can crash at my place.

I may take you up on that... I've always wanted to see PNC... should be BEAUTIFUL in late June...

SOXintheBURGH
12-16-2005, 05:07 PM
I may take you up on that... I've always wanted to see PNC... should be BEAUTIFUL in late June...

It truely is, especially when you walk over the Clemente Bridge towards the park and it jumps right out at you.

Memorable moments I witnessed at PNC:

Sammy Sosa getting hit in the head, forced to leave game.

Freddy Garcia's final road start prior to being traded to the Sox.

Rob Mackowiak's walk-off-fest vs. the 1908's.

santo=dorf
12-16-2005, 08:32 PM
I plan on going to the Saturday and Sunday games (6/17 and 6/18) in Cincy.

Brian26
12-16-2005, 10:42 PM
I went to Detroit last year and had a fine time. It was a really cheap trip via Amtrak, and the Sox won, to boot.

You can read about it on my blog, linked in my sig.

Enjoyed your blog. I did the same thing at the end of September to go watch the Sox clinch at Comerica. It was remarkably cheap, and taking Amtrak was a terrific idea....hassle free and really not that much longer than driving there.

Brian26
12-16-2005, 10:44 PM
you mean you want to go and act like a complete ass? You mean like a Yankee or Red Sox fan?? That's not us, man. Let's enjoy our spoils, but no need to be jerks to anyone that's not a Yankee or Red Sox fan.

Agreed 100%. There's no reason to be an ass when you go to an opposing team's park. I always try to be respectful. Put yourself in the other person's shoes. Also consider the possibility of getting your tail kicked after the game.

Fenway
12-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Only place I had a hassle being a Red Sox fan was Oakland. Even Yankees fans it was good natured but the A's fans are from another planet

DieTrying79
12-16-2005, 11:03 PM
I've been saying that I'd love to host some WSI'ers out here when the team rolls into Oakland. There's alot to see and do here, and plenty of hotels/lodging in the area, could be a great time.

Longshot, you gonna round up the SoCal crew of WSI'ers and head up on up to Oakland come September?

TheKittle
12-16-2005, 11:10 PM
I've been saying that I'd love to host some WSI'ers out here when the team rolls into Oakland. There's alot to see and do here, and plenty of hotels/lodging in the area, could be a great time.

Longshot, you gonna round up the SoCal crew of WSI'ers and head up on up to Oakland come September?

That sounds like a great idea. I haven't been to Oakland in a long time. Plus if it works right, I can go see the Giants at Pac Bell, I mean SBC, I mean whatever it's called now.

Fenway
12-16-2005, 11:13 PM
That sounds like a great idea. I haven't been to Oakland in a long time. Plus if it works right, I can go see the Giants at Pac Bell, I mean SBC, I mean whatever it's called now.

soon to be AT&T park :cool:

SBC is taking the AT&T name
http://www.sbc.com/gen/landing-pages?pid=3308

buehrle4cy05
12-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Cincinnati is a very nice stadium. I went to a Sunday afternoon game this year, and there was about 21,000 fans there. Sat 3rd row in the right field bleachers, but ****ing Dave Miley sat Dunn and Griffey because Dontrelle Willis was pitching.:angry:

WSDaytonOH
12-16-2005, 11:17 PM
I plan on going to the Saturday and Sunday games (6/17 and 6/18) in Cincy.

I live in Dayton (45 minutes North) and moved here in '99. Reds tickets are easy to get.

I will get tickets to the Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday game.

I can host a tailgator outside Great American Ballpark or find a local bar that can host us. Drop me a line if you need a Cincy special ops.

dondosae1
01-31-2006, 12:00 AM
I live in Dayton (45 minutes North) and moved here in '99. Reds tickets are easy to get.

I will get tickets to the Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday game.

I can host a tailgator outside Great American Ballpark or find a local bar that can host us. Drop me a line if you need a Cincy special ops.

thanks for the information. We are likely going to the Friday Cincy game and possibly the Thursday Pittsburgh game.

so it is ok to tailgate in Cincy? any idea when tickets go on sale to the public for Cincy? I was on their site and could not find anything....

thanks.

IronFisk
01-31-2006, 12:09 AM
I really think this Pittsburgh idea would be great. PNC is one of the best baseball stadiums anywhere - since it frames the spectacular views around it. Tickets are cheap and plentiful. I'm all for this - who's on board???

nug0hs
01-31-2006, 12:09 AM
Go to Detroit so I can meet up with the caravan in Kalamazoo!

chisoxfanatic
01-31-2006, 12:11 AM
ChiSoxGirl and I were talking about possibly hitting up Pittsburgh while on the phone one night.

I'd like to go to Comerica for Sox/***** Cats too.

pearso66
01-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Too bad none of the Detroit games are on the weekend, because I'd definitally be up for that. Going to MSU I still have a lot of friends in the area whom I could stay with. Who knows, if I have the time, maybe I'll go anyway, I took my friend from there to a Sox game last year, and he had a blast, maybe I'll hit up a Tiger game with him, against the World Champs :)

rocky biddle
01-31-2006, 02:37 AM
Follow the team on the road and have fun, but don't overdo the arrogance. There's a reason cub "fans" are hated across the country. Our team is finally getting the respect they deserve nationally and so should their fans. Besides, the World Championship gear will convey the message without ever having to open your mouth.

Bobbo35
01-31-2006, 08:18 AM
No one wants to go to Minneapolis and invade the twinkie dome? My buddy and I make the yearly trip up there and have a blast. This year would be great because last season they were laying it in to my buddy and I. It is going to be cool to walk proud in their faces.

Fake Chet Lemon
01-31-2006, 09:08 AM
No one wants to go to Minneapolis and invade the twinkie dome? My buddy and I make the yearly trip up there and have a blast. This year would be great because last season they were laying it in to my buddy and I. It is going to be cool to walk proud in their faces.

Cinci seemed good because it's a weekend series, warm weather, the kids aren't in school, and the opponent isn't that good so we should be able to get tickets and kick their fannies. All important attributes.

kraut83
01-31-2006, 09:10 AM
I know the majority of us work, but the Tigers home opener is Monday 4/10 vs our Sox. If there are enough people, I can always help organize a tailgate or set something up here (http://http://www.beercos.com/). A pretty cool spot a few blocks from Comerica.

I'm also definitely making one of the Toronto trips. If you haven't been to the city, I highly reccomend it!

ChiSoxGirl
01-31-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm all over this idea! A middle of the week series at the end of June for a teacher... that has convenience written all over it! :cool:

D. TODD
01-31-2006, 09:18 AM
I'll be at the Pitt, & Cincy games with a small group of freinds. Sox roadtrips are always a highlight of my summers off as a teacher.

cbone
01-31-2006, 09:22 AM
We are heading to Baltimore for the weekend series in late July, supposed to be a great park and a cool city. :cool:

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 09:24 AM

Yup ......Brother Longshot and I will be there .......

sox1970
01-31-2006, 09:27 AM

I'll be at the dome on May 12.

EastCoastSoxFan
01-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Follow the team on the road and have fun, but don't overdo the arrogance. There's a reason cub "fans" are hated across the country. Our team is finally getting the respect they deserve nationally and so should their fans. Besides, the World Championship gear will convey the message without ever having to open your mouth.
On my (hopeful) trips to Baltimore, New York, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh, the World Series Champions patch on my Sox jersey will speak for itself...

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 09:36 AM
.......... I'd love to just walk into an opposing city in full White Sox World Series garb and just take it over and dominate. Get cocky, chant Paul-ee during the game, you get the idea.

Where've you been man? We've been doing this for years already.
Tiger Stadium, The Jake, Dodger Stadium, Kauffmann Stadium, Petco in SanDiego (might be the best), TheUrinal, Milwaukee, BaggyDome Minnesota .............

SanDiego was an absolute blast. For one day, their downtown bar area was packed with Indians fans, Padre fans, and a quickly growing influx of SOX fans. I walked by a place about 7pm, the place had an outdoor patio and a number of Padre fans were playfully ribbing a group of Indian fans. I was getting my ID checked, when they noticed me and said "OH no not you guys now". I laughed and told them the AL Central beatings will continue ......
the Indian fans laughed, and I told them We'd Finish the Job and SWEEP them (Tribe only took 2 of 3)

There were so many SOX fans in the park, in the bars. I was surprised/wasnt surprised the Chicago Media/TV made sure NOT to show the huge numbers of SOX fans at Petco. I heard this was the case also in Colorado, by a bunch of guys I know that made the first leg of that roadtrip

Scottiehaswheels
01-31-2006, 09:38 AM
On my (hopeful) trips to Baltimore, New York, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh, the World Series Champions patch on my Sox jersey will speak for itself...

Help me out here.... I was gonna buy some tix to see them in Baltimore but the best seats I can pull up off their page are upper deck individual game wise.... Baltimore is gonna suck next year, how's it possible that the whole lower deck is sold out?

Edit: The last time I checked was the first day they went on sale to the general public... Maybe they didn't open up lower deck seats to people that day?

EastCoastSoxFan
01-31-2006, 09:41 AM
Help me out here.... I was gonna buy some tix to see them in Baltimore but the best seats I can pull up off their page are upper deck individual game wise.... Baltimore is gonna suck next year, how's it possible that the whole lower deck is sold out?
Sorry I don't have any contacts at Ticketmaster, but the upper deck seats behind the plate at Camden Yards are actually very good...

Scottiehaswheels
01-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Sorry I don't have any contacts at Ticketmaster, but the upper deck seats behind the plate at Camden Yards are actually very good...

OK thanks... I may/may not ended up going to those... I already have 7-8 roadtrips planned for next year and buyin all the tix has really done some damage to the credit card, still have to gets hotels/some airfare... Oy!

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 09:52 AM
I'll be at the dome on May 12.

Yup, i'll be there that series too .............

skottyj242
01-31-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm going to Cinci with a buddy and probably have one or two seats in the car for anyone that wants to go. We're leaving Friday morining and coming back Monday morning and I'm pretty sure I have a hoook-up for decent tickets. I went a couple of years ago and had a real good time, we couldn't find any decent bars after the game (maybe because it was a Wednesday) but we did find a Dave and Buster's type arcade for adults and would love to go back. We stayed in a hotel across the river in Kentucky that was super cheap too.

Fenway
01-31-2006, 10:44 AM

If everybody comes you may need to rent out The Igloo :smile:

SOXintheBURGH
01-31-2006, 11:12 AM
If everybody comes you may need to rent out The Igloo :smile:

Whatever revenue keeps the Pens in town. :gulp:

alohafri
01-31-2006, 12:36 PM
You should have seen our flight to Boston in August. It was practically a charter flight. Someone even put a Sox flag on the bulkhead wall.

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 01:12 PM
You should have seen our flight to Boston in August. It was practically a charter flight. Someone even put a Sox flag on the bulkhead wall.

Man ....same here. You wont read about this in the Cubune, but Flying to SanDiego, my Southwest flight was jam packed with SoxFans. It looked like SoxFest on a 737. A guy and his 7yr old son sat next to me, it was his first ever Flight to see the SOX on the road, and the kid was between us because he was terrified, he was very very nervous, I kind of felt worried for him. I was going to just sleep the whole way there, but decided to talk SOX with the guy and it helped. I told him "dont worry, this is a way smooth flight" then we hit some pretty bad turbulence over a thunderstorm in KC. I have a picture somewhere, I need to find it and post it.

palehozenychicty
01-31-2006, 01:15 PM
I'll be hitting up a game or two when the Sox come to Yankee Stadium after the All Star Break in July. Anybody coming in, let me know.

jenn2080
01-31-2006, 01:21 PM
I actually considered doing that also. I believe the Nationals are at home that weekend too which i may hit up too.

We are heading to Baltimore for the weekend series in late July, supposed to be a great park and a cool city. :cool:

maurice
01-31-2006, 01:36 PM
I hope to pull off about half of these potential 2006 trips:
- Sox @ Tucson
- Sox @ Atlanta
- Sox @ Detroit (+ Charlotte @ Toledo & Columbus)
- Sox @ Cleveland (on Memorial Day)
- B'ham @ W Tenn
- Sox @ Cincy
- Sox @ Pittsburgh (+ Charlotte @ Toledo & Columbus + Kanny @ Charleston, WV)
- B'ham
- Kanny @ Lexington, KY (week of 7/4)
- Charlotte @ Louisville & Indy
- Sox @ KC

Cat Thief
01-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Could we get 24 people together? We could get a party suite for $73 per person. Includes:

Game tickets
Catered buffet
Unlimited soda
Two beers per ticket
Scoreboard recognition
Climate-controlled area
TV monitors
Exclusive catering staff
Outdoor stadium-style padded seats
Tables and chairs
Bar rails and chairs
Private restrooms

Im looking at the Fri Jun 16th game. I'm good for 6 tickets. 18 more?

Fake Chet Lemon
01-31-2006, 01:58 PM
For the Saturday game in Cinnci I've got a crew starting in Illinois, and then we're stopping in Indiana to pick up another crew. So can someone who has been to Cinnci recommend the rendezvous area/lot there for us all to meet and tailgate and show off our World Series gear!?

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 02:06 PM
For the Saturday game in Cinnci I've got a crew starting in Illinois, and then we're stopping in Indiana to pick another crew. So can someone who has been to Cinnci recommend the rendezvous area/lot there for us all to meet and tailgate and show off our World Series gear!?

Thats definitely happening. I think there are alot of different groups of people (crews if you will) heading up there, we will all definitely coordinate an area to Tailgate in. Were Taking Cincinnati Over...

skottyj242
01-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Thats definitely happening. I think there are alot of different groups of people (crews if you will) heading up there, we will all definitely coordinate an area to Tailgate in. Were Taking Cincinnati Over...

How are you going to get down there?

Hangar18
01-31-2006, 02:37 PM
How are you going to get down there?

We are all driving together. Remember? heh heh, man you forgot already!

Scottiehaswheels
01-31-2006, 02:56 PM
Could we get 24 people together? We could get a party suite for $73 per person. Includes:

Game tickets
Catered buffet
Unlimited soda
Two beers per ticket
Scoreboard recognition
Climate-controlled area
TV monitors
Exclusive catering staff
Tables and chairs
Bar rails and chairs
Private restrooms

Club seats are horrible in my opinion... I didn't like them at all when it was Cinergy Field..... don't think I've been in club in the new ones though

Taliesinrk
01-31-2006, 03:12 PM

COUNT ME IN!!! let me know a time and place, and we can all make it a day. like someone was saying earlier too.. lots of cool bars/ adult arcade places across the river in KY too... Dave and Buster's would definately be fun..

Cat Thief
01-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Club seats are horrible in my opinion... I didn't like them at all when it was Cinergy Field..... don't think I've been in club in the new ones though

mmmmm okay.... Here is the link if anybody else is interested. I am looking at the Triple Play party suite.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/ticketing/cin_ticketing_groupparty.jsp

Looks similar to the party area in left field at US Cellular.

skottyj242
01-31-2006, 03:34 PM
We are all driving together. Remember? heh heh, man you forgot already!

That was meant to be in teal, sorry.

redsand22
01-31-2006, 04:07 PM
I'll be hitting up a game or two when the Sox come to Yankee Stadium after the All Star Break in July. Anybody coming in, let me know.

I'll be at one or two of these games. Wen tout and did the NY/Boston leg last year!

redsand22
01-31-2006, 04:08 PM
you can count 2 more for the cincinati games!

dondosae1
01-31-2006, 04:53 PM
I would highly recomment PNC. FANTASTIC Ballpark. We have friends that live near Pittsburgh and were thinking of taking in the Thursday noon game when the Sox are there ourselves.

We want to go to the Friday night Sox-Reds game, so if you don't mind a few "wsi newbies"...I could probably be in for 4 tickets for your party. A nice size tailgate party would be cool too!!

Cat Thief
01-31-2006, 05:16 PM
I would highly recomment PNC. FANTASTIC Ballpark. We have friends that live near Pittsburgh and were thinking of taking in the Thursday noon game when the Sox are there ourselves.

We want to go to the Friday night Sox-Reds game, so if you don't mind a few "wsi newbies"...I could probably be in for 4 tickets for your party. A nice size tailgate party would be cool too!!

I don't care about newbies. Hell I might as well be one. Let's see if anybody else is interested.

HotelWhiteSox
01-31-2006, 05:22 PM
I think I'm gonna invade Yankee Stadium (I use invade lightly, just wearing my Sox gear lol), tickets available and it's in July

santo=dorf
01-31-2006, 05:27 PM

Game tickets
Catered buffet
Unlimited soda
Two beers per ticket
Scoreboard recognition
Climate-controlled area
TV monitors
Exclusive catering staff
Tables and chairs
Bar rails and chairs
Private restrooms

That looks like a pretty good deal, but I really don't know if I can committ with my job (when I get one :rolleyes: ) I think we could easily get 24 people to do this.

jenn2080
02-01-2006, 01:58 PM
I would be in for at least 2.

PINWHEELS
02-01-2006, 04:25 PM
We are heading to Baltimore for the weekend series in late July, supposed to be a great park and a cool city. :cool:Will Be there also with Chisox65, Attending the FRI. and SAT. Games. It is BY FAR one of the Best Parks in MLB.

Cat Thief
02-02-2006, 11:42 AM
I don't care about newbies. Hell I might as well be one. Let's see if anybody else is interested.

The only party area available in Cincy is for the Sunday game. I cannot make this game. Sorry for bringing this up, I should have checked for tickets first.

cbone
02-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Will Be there also with Chisox65, Attending the FRI. and SAT. Games. It is BY FAR one of the Best Parks in MLB.

Did you get your seats yet? Any suggestions on where to sit? They keep trying to sell me club seats.

champagne030
02-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Did you get your seats yet? Any suggestions on where to sit? They keep trying to sell me club seats.

Call them. I got section #86 on the aisle for both Fri & Sat. and that section is next to the Sox bullpen. I just looked on their site and you can still get lower box for Friday and Saturday.

I will also be in Cincy (6/16-6/18), Detroit (7/19-20), KC (9/1-3) and Minn (9/29-30).

chisoxmike
02-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Man ....same here. You wont read about this in the Cubune, but Flying to SanDiego, my Southwest flight was jam packed with SoxFans. It looked like SoxFest on a 737. A guy and his 7yr old son sat next to me, it was his first ever Flight to see the SOX on the road, and the kid was between us because he was terrified, he was very very nervous, I kind of felt worried for him. I was going to just sleep the whole way there, but decided to talk SOX with the guy and it helped. I told him "dont worry, this is a way smooth flight" then we hit some pretty bad turbulence over a thunderstorm in KC. I have a picture somewhere, I need to find it and post it.

:rolling:

Panpan21
02-02-2006, 04:59 PM
If you want guaranteed tix, try the Twins. For years the Sox have had a poor record playing there and I would get harrassed every game. But now the Twins are sliding back down into mediocrity and no one will be showing up!! It'll be easy to get good tickets from the scalpers outside (it's legal to buy tix from scalpers up here) b/c no one will be showing up, or you get seats in left field for $14 bucks!!!

dondosae1
02-19-2006, 10:04 PM
did anyone end up buying ticket for the Cincinnati series? they went on sale on Saturday. I got four for the Friday game: Sec. 132, Row OO, Seats 15-18.

Hope we have a good crowd there...we are really excited!!!

WSDaytonOH
02-20-2006, 09:46 AM
did anyone end up buying ticket for the Cincinnati series? they went on sale on Saturday. I got four for the Friday game: Sec. 132, Row OO, Seats 15-18.

See my signature for my seats. I'm still trying to get behind the dugout for Saturday's game.

Sounds like we'll have a great WSI crowd for the weekend. Still working on a before the game meeting place or inside the park meeting place.

Come one come all!

Cat Thief
02-20-2006, 10:04 AM
429 row b for me in Cincy.

Tickets for The Jake go on sale this Sat.

dividedsk717
02-20-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm in sec 522 for all three games in Cincy ... :D:

WSDaytonOH
02-20-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm in sec 522 for all three games in Cincy ... :D:

My wife, a huge Reds fan, will be going with me. When we bring our son on Sunday, he'll be wearing his Reds Jersey (Dunn 44) and his Sox hat. Next year when we're at the Cell, nothin' but Black and White!

I'll try and find a meeting place.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-23-2006, 02:07 PM

Six out in left-field for Saturday. I hope they have tail-gating.

skottyj242
02-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Six out in left-field for Saturday. I hope they have tail-gating.

I don't think they do, when I went there we parked in a garage. I'm not too sure about outdoor parking.

dividedsk717
02-23-2006, 03:14 PM
I don't think they do, when I went there we parked in a garage. I'm not too sure about outdoor parking.

They've got surface parking between Paul Brown Stadium and GABP, as well as surface parking to the south of Paul Brown Stadium. It has historically cost $3-$5 to park there ... plenty of room to tailgate in those lots.

skottyj242
02-23-2006, 03:15 PM
They've got surface parking between Paul Brown Stadium and GABP, as well as surface parking to the south of Paul Brown Stadium. It has historically cost $3-$5 to park there ... plenty of room to tailgate in those lots.

I stand erected.

ewokpelts
02-23-2006, 03:21 PM
My wife, a huge Reds fan, will be going with me. When we bring our son on Sunday, he'll be wearing his Reds Jersey (Dunn 44) and his Sox hat. Next year when we're at the Cell, nothin' but Black and White!

I'll try and find a meeting place.
Have you joined the reds museum? They include free game tickets with membership.
Gene

Scottiehaswheels
02-23-2006, 11:53 PM
See my signature for my seats. I'm still trying to get behind the dugout for Saturday's game.

Sitting pretty close to ya for the 2 games you got...

Friday 112 FF 2-4 and 22 B seat 7
Saturday 113 BB 1-3 and 22 F seat 7
Sunday 113 AA 13-15 and 22 B seat 7

Figure the girlfriend and I will rotate every couple innings into that scout seat...

gbergman
02-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Havent read all threads but try being an A's fan at Angel stadium. I was with 4 friends 3 of which are halos fans 1 is an A's. lets just say beers were thrown at my A's fan even though he was being quiet. A couple wanted to fight him for no reason and followed us out the gate. Me and the A's fan got in a little scruffle with those guys before security broke it up. talk about no class

Fake Chet Lemon
02-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Havent read all threads but try being an A's fan at Angel stadium. I was with 4 friends 3 of which are halos fans 1 is an A's. lets just say beers were thrown at my A's fan even though he was being quiet. A couple wanted to fight him for no reason and followed us out the gate. Me and the A's fan got in a little scruffle with those guys before security broke it up. talk about no class

That's why when you go on a roadtrip, you bring your entire "ARMY" with you!

shaunburnette
02-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Only place I had a hassle being a Red Sox fan was Oakland. Even Yankees fans it was good natured but the A's fans are from another planet

Raiders fans in Oakland colors...

Actually I went to 4 of the 6 games there last year and didn't have any problems. I also went with a couple Indians fans to one game vs. Cleveland and nothing really was said from Oakland fans either.

Maybe the Oakland fans were happier because the Sox lost all 4 of those games and Cleveland lost theirs or they really just dont like Red Sox fans :wink:

WSDaytonOH
02-27-2006, 01:02 AM
Sitting pretty close to ya for the 2 games you got...

Friday 112 FF 2-4 and 22 B seat 7
Saturday 113 BB 1-3 and 22 F seat 7
Sunday 113 AA 13-15 and 22 B seat 7

Figure the girlfriend and I will rotate every couple innings into that scout seat...

No tailgating in Reds parking. There are plenty of other lots around GABP that will allow it.

Where is the "scout seat?"

woodsdavid
05-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Will Be there also with Chisox65, Attending the FRI. and SAT. Games. It is BY FAR one of the Best Parks in MLB.

for anyone going to camden yards, where are you all staying in baltimore? hotels in inner harbor are booked.

Scottiehaswheels
05-15-2006, 12:05 PM
No tailgating in Reds parking. There are plenty of other lots around GABP that will allow it.

Where is the "scout seat?"

http://www.seatdata.com/html/mlb_reds/section_mlb_reds_22.htm

sorry Didn't see this post for awhile...

Jurr
05-15-2006, 01:06 PM
The scenic PNC park, with all of the yinzers will be a great time. Can't wait.

WS in 05
05-15-2006, 01:08 PM
whos going to the mistake by the lake at the end of the month? i'll be there with some sox pride

Bobbo35
05-15-2006, 08:28 PM
When I was at the game last Wednesday night against the angels, a guy was passing out flyers for the Cincinnati games. Here is the deal.

Motorcoach Transportation w/snacks and refreshments. 2 nights at the holiday inn riverfront with continental breakfast, 2 night games, transfers to and from the game and all taxes and tips for 315.00 per person (double), 275.00 (triple) and 265.00 (quad). Anyone interested send me a private message, I will give you the contact information. It seems like a good deal. My buddy and I are going to jump on it.

steveironcity
05-15-2006, 08:34 PM
The scenic PNC park, with all of the yinzers will be a great time. Can't wait.

Anyone coming to Pittsburgh, let me know. Ill buy some beers.

WagMan
05-15-2006, 09:22 PM
My friend and I are making a 1 day trip to Pittsburgh on the 29th (afternoon game). We'll fly in for just enough time to check out the ballpark, see the game, catch some local flavor for dinner and fly out. Should be home before the sun sets. My kind of day!

Cavahoo
05-17-2006, 03:45 PM
I am going to Pittsburgh and Baltimore and as all SOX games are "road trips" for me, I hope to see you guys and down a few cold ones when I come to the Cell for my annual visit June 7-11.

Fake Chet Lemon
06-16-2006, 01:48 PM

Anyone who knows the area want to suggest a specific lot# to meet up for tail gating?