PDA

View Full Version : Royals will challenge White Sox next year...

mjmcend
12-16-2005, 12:28 PM
... for the team with the hardest names to spell.

"First baseman Doug Mientkiewicz, second baseman Mark Grudzielanek and starting pitcher Scott Elarton have all agreed to sign with Kansas City. The Royals are expected to hold an 11 a.m. news conference today announcing the moves, as well as the signing of backup catcher Paul Bako.

To make room for the four on the 40-man roster, the Royals will designate for assignment first baseman Ken Harvey _ their lone All-Star in 2004 _ outfielder Matt Diaz and relief pitchers Shawn Camp and Chris DeMaria."

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/baseball/mlb/kansas_city_royals/13423054.htm

Fenway
12-16-2005, 12:33 PM

"First baseman Doug Mientkiewicz
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/baseball/mlb/kansas_city_royals/13423054.htm

chances of him getting another World Series winning ball have been reduced slightly :cool:

Flight #24
12-16-2005, 12:34 PM
chances of him getting another World Series winning ball have been reduced slightly :cool:

But I'm sure he'll be keeping the last out from his last game as a Royal "to pay for my kids next snickers bar".:tongue:

12-16-2005, 12:36 PM
We'll they are trying, but none of those 3 players will made that big of an impact, Elarton had big time run support, Grudzey had an outstanding offense with him, and Doug never could hit anyways....

Rocky Soprano
12-16-2005, 01:12 PM
We'll they are trying, but none of those 3 players will made that big of an impact, Elarton had big time run support, Grudzey had an outstanding offense with him, and Doug never could hit anyways....

Like you said, they are trying.

And if you are a fan of the Royals you have to atleast respect that.
They could just sit back and say, we can't afford to spend with those Sox!

Man it feels good to say that! :supernana:

Unregistered
12-16-2005, 02:49 PM
I like that Cleveland won't have Elarton back. Other than that, KC will continue to suck for the foreseeable future...

Jjav829
12-16-2005, 03:15 PM

"First baseman Doug Mientkiewicz, second baseman Mark Grudzielanek and starting pitcher Scott Elarton have all agreed to sign with Kansas City. The Royals are expected to hold an 11 a.m. news conference today announcing the moves, as well as the signing of backup catcher Paul Bako.

To make room for the four on the 40-man roster, the Royals will designate for assignment first baseman Ken Harvey _ their lone All-Star in 2004 _ outfielder Matt Diaz and relief pitchers Shawn Camp and Chris DeMaria."

Wow, fun times to be a Royals fan. Makes me wish I chose the Royals as my favorite team instead of the Sox...

Tragg
12-16-2005, 03:19 PM
and to think that at one time (c 1975-85) they had the best organization in the AL

zach23
12-16-2005, 03:42 PM
and to think that at one time (c 1975-85) they had the best organization in the AL

That is how it goes in baseball, there was a time in the late 80's - early 90's when the Yankees were as horrible as the Royals are right now. There was also a time when the Braves were a doormat.

I feel no sympathy for K.C., I still hate them for 1977.

SOXSINCE'70
12-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Wow, fun times to be a Royals fan. Makes me wish I chose the Royals as my favorite team instead of the Sox...

:tealpolice:

"1 Adam-12,1 Adam-12,a possible violation.See the man.":D:

hose
12-16-2005, 04:54 PM

Can you say John Schuerholz.:cool:

Pureone
12-16-2005, 04:58 PM

:rolling: :roflmao: