PDA

View Full Version : Where, o where, has all the WS merch gone???

manders_01
12-16-2005, 09:47 AM
I've been trying to find a WS hat for my dad for Christmas and I literally found 1 on NewEra.com and that's it. Does anyone else know where I might be able to find something? All help is appreciated!

ChiSoxGirl
12-16-2005, 09:52 AM
I've been trying to find a WS hat for my dad for Christmas and I literally found 1 on NewEra.com and that's it. Does anyone else know where I might be able to find something? All help is appreciated!

I was just looking at www.grandstandsox.com (http://www.grandstandsox.com) and they still have the World Series hats available. There's a disclaimer at the top, though, that lets you know there's no guarantee the item would arrive before Christmas, so going down there is probably your best bet.

Law11
12-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Lids.com has the hats as well if you arent local.
Locally the hats are still everywhere.

MUsoxfan
12-16-2005, 10:38 AM
mlb.com should still have everything you need

manders_01
12-16-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm in Denver so getting to the Southside is pretty much out of the question. I would order from there but my concern is that it says it may not be shipped. I know that if they were to ship it, even by mid next week it would probably make it.

Lids has plenty of Sox hats, but no WS hats.

And MLB has only one WS hat, and it's not a champion hat, just has the WS logo on it (probably the same one that everyone was saying the logo was coming off).

And New Era is out of the question also. They arean't shipping till after the holidays.

Any other ideas? Thank you for those who have already contributed.

ewokpelts
12-16-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm in Denver so getting to the Southside is pretty much out of the question. I would order from there but my concern is that it says it may not be shipped. I know that if they were to ship it, even by mid next week it would probably make it.

And MLB has only one WS hat, and it's not a champion hat, just has the WS logo on it (probably the same one that everyone was saying the logo was coming off).

And New Era is out of the question also. They arean't shipping till after the holidays.

Any other ideas? Thank you for those who have already contributed.www.lids.com will ship the hat to a lids store in your area.
Gene

kjkobs
12-16-2005, 11:37 AM
mlb.com should still have everything you need

if you want to wait forever to get your items go with mlb.com

ChiSoxGirl
12-16-2005, 11:42 AM
if you want to wait forever to get your items go with mlb.com

Or if he wants shoddy craftsmanship! I remember a thread from back in November that many people replied to, saying their mlb.com merchandise was very poorly made- the logo on the hat was peeling off, the Champions bullpen fleece had patches sewn on crooked, etc.- and needed to be sent back on more than one occasion.

Law11
12-16-2005, 11:47 AM

Any other ideas? Thank you for those who have already contributed.

Lids has the WS logo on the side fitted cap...

nebraskasox
12-16-2005, 12:01 PM

Funny what winning will do for pent-up merchandise demand. For Christmas, my son picked a white Nike hat with black lettering - Sox logo on front and "2005 Champs" on the edge of the bill. Searching the internet, I could only find two in the US, both located in North Carolina. Everyone else was out of stock. Some of the stuff I ordered was on backorder and won't ship until after Christmas.

mrwag
12-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Or if he wants shoddy craftsmanship! I remember a thread from back in November that many people replied to, saying their mlb.com merchandise was very poorly made- the logo on the hat was peeling off, the Champions bullpen fleece had patches sewn on crooked, etc.- and needed to be sent back on more than one occasion.
I just got my World Series clubhouse hat the other day, after being backordered forever. Those hats have been fixed, and the logo should not peel off. It's a one piece embroydered patch now - much better than the originals.

MarySwiss
12-16-2005, 12:53 PM
I just got my World Series clubhouse hat the other day, after being backordered forever. Those hats have been fixed, and the logo should not peel off. It's a one piece embroydered patch now - much better than the originals.

I just got mine, too. I was a little concerned after hearing all the complaints about MLB.com stuff, but this hat looks to be very well made. But last time I looked, MLB.com wasn't showing these anymore, although it wouldn't hurt to call them and ask about it.

TheKittle
12-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Buffalo Roam 312-553-4324 They have a lot of White Sox WS Champion items. Most if not all on sale. Usually very fast shipping.

Iwritecode
12-16-2005, 02:34 PM
I think they are still around my area. If I can find one do you want me to send it to you? It would just be the cost of the hat and shipping costs.

May be cheaper and quicker than ordering from a store and you may even get it before Christmas. :wink:

Send me a PM if you are interested.

TheKittle
12-16-2005, 02:38 PM
I think they are still around my area. If I can find one do you want me to send it to you? It would just be the cost of the hat and shipping costs.

May be cheaper and quicker than ordering from a store and you may even get it before Christmas. :wink:

Send me a PM if you are interested.

What are the hats going for now? I've noticed many places are starting to sell WS items at half price.

MarySwiss
12-16-2005, 03:03 PM
What are the hats going for now? I've noticed many places are starting to sell WS items at half price.

Now here's a weird thing. I was at the Arizona Mills outlet mall yesterday, and one of the stores was selling Sox ALDS champions and ALCS champions t-shirts--and not on sale, either. Arizona Mills is a major East Valley "must-see" for tourists. So I'm betting these guys will actually sell those and get full price.

Be interesting to see what's on sale at TEP come March.

TheKittle
12-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Other than those 2 Wheaties boxes, I have not seen any White Sox WS items in the LA/OC area. I once again thank the WSI member who told me about Buffalo Roam. Lockerroom t shirts at half priced!!!!!!!!!

soxrme
12-16-2005, 03:47 PM
I got one at JC Penney in Woodfield about a week ago. They had about 50 left.

MiamiSpartan
12-18-2005, 08:47 PM
FINALLY got mine from mlb.com this past week. I had ordered it the night they won the Series.

sox7235
12-18-2005, 09:06 PM
www.chicagosport.com is another place that has a lot of stuff left. They have a mesage on their site that says you have 2 more days to order to guarantee Christams shipping.

Theanticub
12-18-2005, 09:08 PM

Don't know how close you are to the south suburbs, but in the orland park mall, Champs sports has them in stock, I bought one yesterday.

RadioheadRocks
12-18-2005, 09:15 PM
www.chicagosport.com (http://www.chicagosport.com) is another place that has a lot of stuff left. They have a mesage on their site that says you have 2 more days to order to guarantee Christams shipping.

Check out the Christmas ornament they have that plugs into your tree lights... how cool is that???!!!

http://www.chicagosport.com/csport/assets/product_images/PAAAIAALIJPPMPDA.jpg

(according to the ad, the pic was taken in the dark to show illumination... actual finish of the ornament is polished silver)

Fenway
12-18-2005, 10:33 PM
BTW a heads up early in the new year World Series stuff vanishes into the ozone and it gets harder to buy ( especially shirts and hats )

A clerk at a store near Fenway Park told me MLB pulls the plug on new things being made so get what you can now

ewokpelts
12-19-2005, 12:26 AM
BTW a heads up early in the new year World Series stuff vanishes into the ozone and it gets harder to buy ( especially shirts and hats )

A clerk at a store near Fenway Park told me MLB pulls the plug on new things being made so get what you can nowfens...tons of closeout blowsawks ws itmes at shop.mlb.com

Iwritecode
12-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Check out the Christmas ornament they have that plugs into your tree lights... how cool is that???!!!

http://www.chicagosport.com/csport/assets/product_images/PAAAIAALIJPPMPDA.jpg

(according to the ad, the pic was taken in the dark to show illumination... actual finish of the ornament is polished silver)

I saw one of these at a store just yesterday. The silver makes it really hard to see. They should have made the ornament black...