PDA

View Full Version : Cooper...Jose fine without El Duque

caulfield12
12-16-2005, 08:21 AM
sorry....i canīt copy and paste the link, but the article is in the suntimes today...i am in the airport in bogota, colombia and the computer here is driving me nuts//www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox16.html (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox16.html)

bobowhite
12-16-2005, 09:06 AM
I also note that the White Sox have shed Uribe's 'crutch' of Vizcaino and now even Perez is spoken of as a remote possibility.

Clembasbal
12-16-2005, 09:10 AM
I also note that the White Sox have shed Uribe's 'crutch' of Vizcaino and now even Perez is spoken of as a remote possibility.

Please explain:?:

bobowhite
12-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Please explain:?:

Uribe and Vizcaino are from the same small town in the DR (Dani.) Timo Perez and Uribe are neighbors there now.

The Dude
12-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Uribe and Vizcaino are from the same small town in the DR (Dani.) Timo Perez and Uribe are neighbors there now.

Well if thats the case, we must put all of our resources towards retaining Timo because we sure dont want Juan's feelings hurt!

bobowhite
12-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Well if thats the case, we must put all of our resources towards retaining Timo because we sure dont want Juan's feelings hurt!

Teal aside, I think Timo and Vizcaino were brought in to stabilize Juan Uribe. IIRC, everybody knew he was talented, just a headcase. Now that he believes he can be a star shortstop he should be ready to play on his own.

Knucksie
12-16-2005, 10:56 AM
These guys are grown men for heaven's sakes. Why do we always have to get them a babysitter or think they need one.

El Duque' usefulness is limited and declining. Timo has no value IMO. Contreras and Urigbe either A) deserve a little more credit for their own production or B) need to grow up and take on a little responsibility for their production.

Garland had a big turnaround this year. Many wanted him traded a year ago... I wonder, who was his comfy teammate this year from his So Cal howetown that made the difference for him?

While I do believe in clubhouse chemistry, I believe these little sidebars get blown way out of poportion.

Mickster
12-16-2005, 10:57 AM
sorry....i canīt copy and paste the link, but the article is in the suntimes today...i am in the airport in bogota, colombia and the computer here is driving me nuts//www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox16.html (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox16.html)

Any KW sightings in the baggage claim area?

miker
12-16-2005, 12:46 PM
These guys are grown men for heaven's sakes. Why do we always have to get them a babysitter or think they need one.

While I do believe in clubhouse chemistry, I believe these little sidebars get blown way out of poportion.
Anyone needing a refresher on "team chemistry-worst case scenario" should refer to the 2005 Philadelphia Eagles and a man who calls himself "T.O."

Fake Chet Lemon
12-16-2005, 12:52 PM

Uh, oh. We better bring Shingo back too. Iguchi didn't finish strong.

Knucksie
12-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Anyone needing a refresher on "team chemistry-worst case scenario" should refer to the 2005 Philadelphia Eagles and a man who calls himself "T.O."

Like I said, I believe in team chemistry and don't want to neglect the importance of it. But I don't think the departures of timo (possible) and el duque, etc would mean a clubhouse meltdown for Contreras and/or Uribe.

TheKittle
12-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Come on what is this BS? Team chemistry is very important. But it's not like everybody needs a babysitter.

Team chemistry starts with the manager. Ozzie can deal with any problems. Conty doesn't need El Duque. He needed time to adjust to the US and have his family with him after they left Cuba.

bobowhite
12-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Okay, actually having played ball overseas I feel that my opinion should bear some weight here.

Everybody knew that Uribe had the talent, it was just a matter of confidence. He failed in Colorado because he was so isolated. When you don't speak the language, (or at least don't speak it well) you can become isolated and not perform well. I think Ozzie realized this and gave a talented player a second chance with a bit of help. I knew guys who played in Japan with all Japanese and had no problems; I also knew guys who were exceptionally talented and absolutely fell-apart. Baseball is an odd mixture of physical talent, knowledge, will and confidence. If one of those is missing your performance sucks. I don't think having a babysitter is such a terrible thing, or really that uncommon. Dennis Rodman had Spider Salley and (okay I have forgotten the name of the guy who sat on the bench the whole year except for one game; he was Rodman's friend and "babysitter".) I'd do this in a minute to get a season as great as 2005 out of Uribe and Contreras.

Kittle'sNeighbor
12-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Jack "the babysitter" Haley.

Tragg
12-17-2005, 01:14 AM
Timo has played his Jack Haley role admirably, but it's time to move on.

I'm glad Iguchi was able to prosper without Shingo.

HomeFish
12-17-2005, 02:24 AM
The town that Uribe, Vizcaino, and Timo are all from is called Bani, not Dani.

There's one other baseball player of note from Bani: Miguel Tejada.

(I have a strong interest in that particular city, because I one day plan to take a pilgrimage to the birthplace of Timo Perez)

TimoPerez
12-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Timo has played his Jack Haley role admirably, but it's time to move on.

I'm glad Iguchi was able to prosper without Shingo.

Iguchi is great friends with Timo. Timo is the only other person on the team who speaks Japanese.

bigsqwert
12-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Iguchi is great friends with Timo. Timo is the only other person on the team who speaks Japanese.

I didn't realize Timo spoke in 3rd person. :D:

TimoPerez
12-17-2005, 01:35 PM
I didn't realize Timo spoke in 3rd person. :D:

Hahahaha!:)