PDA

View Full Version : Carl Everett Appreciation

dlee120
12-16-2005, 12:06 AM
I took a gander and didnt see one for Carl. Sorry if its a repeat.

Since everyone else has gotten one so far; why not for CC. Thank you Carl. You filled a large void part way (clever eh?). He knocked in a heck of a lot of runs the first half and came up with some big hits in the postseason. Lets not forget about the insightful quotes throughout the regular season and the sweet ones in the postgame celebrations.

Here's to you CC :gulp:

oh yeah...**** dinosaurs

batmanZoSo
12-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Carl, we thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for helping us see the dream and thanks for being a good, team player I knew you were. Peace!

:thumbsup:

MUsoxfan
12-16-2005, 03:31 AM
ANYONE who helped this team to a World Series deserves his props. Everett will get a standing ovation from me EVERY TIME he comes up to bat at the Cell

HotelWhiteSox
12-16-2005, 03:35 AM
It seemed like a long time ago at the end of the year, but he was big for this team during the first half, picking up a lot of offensive slack

JUribe1989
12-16-2005, 06:34 AM
Carl was the biggest Twinkie killer on the team. And the Twinkies are my least favorite team, so I gotta thank him.

akingamongstmen
12-16-2005, 07:07 AM
Carl, you made the team better, and you were a lot of fun in the process. We'll miss your clutch hitting and hilarious personality. Best of luck in Seattle! :gulp:

Exit_Only
12-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Every one of the posts above me is spot on. Carl was a huge contributor to this team--especially in the first half when he carried us offensively.

Carl is a clutch hitter. He doesn't get butterflies in his stomach or the shakes in his knees during pressure at bats. He's grippin and rippin and if he gets beat it's because the pitcher had his best stuff. Carl will stand on the plate, let the pitcher feel the pressure of the situation, then drive in the tying and go ahead runs with a rope to right or duck snort over the shortstop's head.

He was playing by the grinder rules before Two by Four had written them. In late September 2003, with the AL Central title between two teams, Carl was one of the very few in a White Sox uniform who showed up to win. He grinded his way through Twins pitchers and had the right dugout attitude to pump some life into his beaten teammates.

Carl Everett, you will be missed but never forgotten. You came in a winner and left a champion.

VASoxfan1
12-16-2005, 07:57 AM
I would say my appreciation for him, but as KW has already traded for him twice, its hard to really think he'll be gone for long. But he was a great hitter and who's not gonna miss comments like, "i don't believe in dinosaurs," really was there a more quotable guy on the team outside of ozzie?

1951Campbell
12-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Carl, you're a true grinder, not complaining when you got bumped down in the order and quietly driving in about 85 runs. You had a hell of a playoff run. It's too bad one tantrum five years ago that got blown out of proportion had saddled you with a bad rep. But White Sox fans know you're a stand-up guy.

And we welcome the inevitable trade back to the White Sox! :D:

Chez
12-16-2005, 09:28 AM
And let's not forget Carl screaming and cursing at Phil Garner from the dugout during the World Series. Carl was edgy. A good thing.

mweflen
12-16-2005, 09:34 AM
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Hot Carl.

Shafe72
12-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Carl's intensity and hitting ability were great assets to this year's team. Very entertaining to watch.

My favorite moment of the season was watching from the RF bleachers at Fenway on 08/12/05 as Carl went big boy over the monster off of David Wells, and then did an ultra-slow homerun trot while Red Cubs fans showered him with boos.

Fantastic.

JoeyCora28
12-16-2005, 10:14 AM
And let's not forget Carl screaming and cursing at Phil Garner from the dugout during the World Series. Carl was edgy. A good thing.

I loved it when he and Ozzie were cursing that chair-tossing turd.

caracascat
12-16-2005, 12:37 PM
I will forever have my American League All-Star Carl Everett Jersey!

CluelessJoe1919
12-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Carl drove in 82 runs in less than 500 at bats, and all that while he studied the Bible and world history at the same time.

JC456
12-16-2005, 04:28 PM
When asked how he felt:

I'm just looking for my wife.

Where are you at women?

DickAllen72
12-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Besides the many clutch RBI's Carl had in the first half, he also had some big hits in the last week of the season including a couple of triples. Carl was a very big part of the Division Title, and he hit well in the playoffs.

Carl was also a good presence in the clubhouse and a real leader.

Here's to you Carl! :gulp: Best wishes and much success the rest of your career!

jerry myers
12-16-2005, 06:28 PM
I loved it when he and Ozzie were cursing that chair-tossing turd.that was great! how pumped he was. carl you will always be a part of the 05 chicago white sox, wear your ring with pride , you earned it. and thank you very very very much.