PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Lofton

whitesoxforlife5
12-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey guys I think Kenny Lofton would be a great signing. He can still play wont be much money and give the young prospects some abs since he cant play every day. I think this move would be a win win for everyone.

The Deacon
12-15-2005, 05:37 PM
I have a better arm than Kenny Lofton. Bigger gold chains too.............

ilsox7
12-15-2005, 05:38 PM
It wouldn't be a win for the Sox. Awful, awful, awful.

IlliniSox4Life
12-15-2005, 05:39 PM
What's The Score?

Rocky Soprano
12-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Hey guys I think Kenny Lofton would be a great signing. He can still play wont be much money and give the young prospects some abs since he cant play every day. I think this move would be a win win for everyone.

Hi Kenny,

Nice of you to stop by.

Chisox003
12-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi Kenny,

Nice of you to stop by.
:roflmao:

Great 1st post too!

That idea is worse than most of getonbckthr's trade proposals ... and that's saying somethin

BA is our CF, ya hearr?

ATXBMX
12-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Not this again...

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Yuck. I was happy to see him gone back at the 2002 trade deadline and I never want him to be a part of the White Sox again. He was good for the month of April and then completely dogged it in CF until he was traded to the Giants.

veeter
12-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Uh, Lofton is a jerk AND he sucks. Next idea.

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2005, 05:51 PM
:thud:

How much longer until Spring Training?

noquitter
12-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Great 1st post too!

That idea is worse than most of getonbckthr's trade proposals ... and that's saying somethin:rolling:

nodiggity59
12-15-2005, 05:58 PM
We already have one Kenny and that's more than enough, thank you very much.

Stoky44
12-15-2005, 06:01 PM
First off :welcome: . I know this is your first post, but it really gets to people on here when rumors/ideas like this get posted in the clubhouse. People don't always have a warm welcome for newcomers, but I sugget you read some of the rules first, and just watch the board a bit before jumping to post your idea. Also, I would read the language filter part carefully, this can be confusing to some and you don't want to get a ban.

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2005, 06:04 PM
First off :welcome: . I know this is your first post, but it really gets to people on here when rumors/ideas like this get posted in the clubhouse. People don't always have a warm welcome for newcomers, but I sugget you read some of the rules first, and just watch the board a bit before jumping to post your idea. Also, I would read the language filter part carefully, this can be confusing to some and you don't want to get a band. /pulls up a chair to watch/

wassagstdu
12-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Yuck. I was happy to see him gone back at the 2002 trade deadline and I never want him to be a part of the White Sox again. He was good for the month of April and then completely dogged it in CF until he was traded to the Giants.

He carried the team at the start of the season then pulled a muscle, didn't he? (just like Podsednik) I don't know if he can still play but he was one of my favorites and I do not think it is fair to accuse him of dogging it.

RetireWoodys28
12-15-2005, 06:10 PM
If Kenny lofton is our CF next summer, then in Kenny we RUST.BA is our CF, ya hearr?
I hear you, BA hears you, the rest of us hear you, but a guy named Jerry Owens just might not hear you. Can't wait for ST!

Chisox003
12-15-2005, 06:13 PM
If Kenny lofton is our CF next summer, then in Kenny we RUST.
I hear you, BA hears you, the rest of us hear you, but a guy named Jerry Owens just might not hear you. Can't wait for ST!
And I hear you on that .... Nice "problem" to have, ya?

JO/BA is our CF, ya hearr?

:gulp:

Oh, and awesome sig woody ... Excellent idea

slavko
12-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Any man who had a clubhouse woof with Scammy Sosa can't be all bad.

IowaSox1971
12-15-2005, 06:15 PM
He carried the team at the start of the season then pulled a muscle, didn't he? (just like Podsednik) I don't know if he can still play but he was one of my favorites and I do not think it is fair to accuse him of dogging it.

We've already tried Lofton here, and it didn't work. Why should we try it again? He will be four years older than he was when he played for us in 2002, and he was already kind of over the hill back then. Should we get Todd Ritchie back, too?

JUribe1989
12-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Lofton hit .335 and played 110 games last year with the Phillies. He made 4 errors and is still a pretty good fielder. He would probably come pretty cheap. I know KW won't do it and it doesn't make much sense considering BA should start but why all the hate for Lofton. he did great for us for the first couple months in 2002.

CluelessJoe1919
12-15-2005, 08:01 PM
I agree!
Lofton would be a nice pickup here.
He wouldn't have to play everyday and he'd take a lot of pressure off Anderson or whoever it being groomed there.

Chisox003
12-15-2005, 08:11 PM
I agree!
Lofton would be a nice pickup here.
He wouldn't have to play everyday and he'd take a lot of pressure off Anderson or whoever it being groomed there.
Hence the name, CluelessJoe.

:tongue:

Andy T Clown
12-15-2005, 08:16 PM
If we sign Lofton now, we can trade him for Everett by the All Star Break:D:

SABRSox
12-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey, for all the Kenny Lofton bashing, he actually did help my fantasy team to a title this year by very quietly stealing 22 bases and hitting .335. He's under the radar, fantasy-wise.

Still, he has no place on the White Sox.

SoxRulecubsdrool
12-15-2005, 09:07 PM

:smokin: Are you high?

The Dude
12-15-2005, 10:21 PM
No thanks! Lofton is washed up and is just not very good at anything anymore.

JUribe1989
12-15-2005, 10:35 PM
No thanks! Lofton is washed up and is just not very good at anything anymore.

He hit .335 last year.

FarWestChicago
12-15-2005, 10:37 PM
If we sign Lofton now, we can trade him for Everett by the All Star Break:D: :tealpolice:

:tealtutor:

rowand33
12-15-2005, 10:54 PM
I think he'd be a fine 5th outfielder. He was pretty ****ing good last season.

But I wouldn't let him start for me.

getonbckthr
12-16-2005, 01:23 AM
And I hear you on that .... Nice "problem" to have, ya?

JO/BA is our CF, ya hearr?

:gulp:

Oh, and awesome sig woody ... Excellent idea
Can't Carl Crawford be our CF next year??

getonbckthr
12-16-2005, 01:25 AM
:roflmao:

Great 1st post too!

That idea is worse than most of getonbckthr's trade proposals ... and that's saying somethin

BA is our CF, ya hearr?
What with all the kicks to my balls in the last week? I'm bored in the winter. With boredom comes wacky and crazy fun.

HotelWhiteSox
12-16-2005, 01:33 AM
Send him a Spring Training invite (though I think someone would sign him by then).

.335 and 22 stolen bases (including a 3 SB game the last week of the season) in 110 games, not too ****ing shabby

IowaSox1971
12-16-2005, 05:58 AM
Lofton hit .335 and played 110 games last year with the Phillies. He made 4 errors and is still a pretty good fielder. He would probably come pretty cheap. I know KW won't do it and it doesn't make much sense considering BA should start but why all the hate for Lofton. he did great for us for the first couple months in 2002.

Unfortunately, the season is longer than just a couple of months. After the first few months in 2002, Lofton decided he would rather play somewhere else. And then when our collapse out of contention was complete that season, he got his wish. Why would anyone want this guy back?

CluelessJoe1919
12-16-2005, 04:48 PM

I'll bet I know a whole lot more baseball than you do, pops.

MarySwiss
12-16-2005, 05:19 PM

Can we PLEASE stop with the whole "name-calling as a replacement for a logical argument" thing?

Okay Chisox003, so you don't agree with CluelessJoe. Fine. You're entitled. But he's as much entitled to his opinion as you are to yours. And in this case, he was expressing agreement with another poster's opinion. I'm not sure Lofton would be a good addition, but then again, I wasn't sure trading Magglio was a good idea. And I was wrong. That's why these are called "opinions." As opposed to "absolute certainties."

FarWestChicago
12-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Can we PLEASE stop with the whole "name-calling as a replacement for a logical argument" thing?The guy's name is CluelessJoe. :?:

MarySwiss
12-16-2005, 06:12 PM
The guy's name is CluelessJoe. :?:

Yeah West, but c'mon! The name-calling was implicit in the post: "Hence the name, CluelessJoe."

Plug in your name or mine, and the post would make no sense. "Hence the name, FarWestChicago," or "Hence the name, MarySwiss."

Granted, some of our posters choose names that leave a lot to be desired (I'm still waiting for someone to sign on as "I'm an Idiot, So ***?), but that shouldn't make them fair game based solely on their posting name. Someone's name is not in and of itself proof that they don't know what they're talking about. That's all I'm saying.

FarWestChicago
12-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Someone's name is not in and of itself proof that they don't know what they're talking about. That's all I'm saying.Well, the guy did choose that name himself. It's not like my software assigns names, unless you are a troll. :redneck

MarySwiss
12-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Well, the guy did choose that name himself. It's not like my software assigns names, unless you are a troll. :redneck

Point taken.

Chisox003
12-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah West, but c'mon! The name-calling was implicit in the post: "Hence the name, CluelessJoe."
Yes, but followed by a ":tongue: " which, I thought, made it pretty clear that I was kidding around...

Then his response was what, "I bet I know a lot more about baseball than you" or something to that effect, correct?

Suddenly this thread has turned into a 3rd grade argument

Next time, I'll flat out put "Just kidding" to avoid all this, as I didn't think it would be a problem

FarWestChicago
12-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Yes, but followed by a ":tongue: " which, I thought, made it pretty clear that I was kidding around...

Then his response was what, "I bet I know a lot more about baseball than you" or something to that effect, correct?

Suddenly this thread has turned into a 3rd grade argument

Next time, I'll flat out put "Just kidding" to avoid all this, as I didn't think it would be a problemThis thread is nothing. This one (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63923) has that line all over the place. :D:

Chisox003
12-16-2005, 07:50 PM
This thread is nothing. This one (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63923) has that line all over the place. :D:
I just noticed that...

MarySwiss, get in there, you got a lot of work to do!

:tongue: <---------Just kidding! (Unless of course you do in fact feel the need to defend the guy who suggested we pick up a 7th starter....)

ShoelessJoeS
12-16-2005, 07:50 PM
This thread is nothing. This one (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63923) has that line all over the place. :D:
Can you blame us? 7th starter?!?

FarWestChicago
12-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Can you blame us? 7th starter?!?I'm not blaming anybody, just observing. :D:

MarySwiss
12-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Okay, you guys; I give--but only sort of.

Granted, CluelessJoe could have chosen a name that was a little less likely to make him a target.
However, I'm not sure I buy the :tongue: means "I'm kidding" argument. I'm sure Chisox003 thought that made it clear, but apparently he was wrong; I certainly didn't think it was clear, or I wouldn't have responded. Maybe if it had been in teal accompanied by :tongue: .

Anyway, I sincerely hope this argument has run its course. Life's too short. And I cannot believe this started out as a discussion about Kenny Lofton, for heaven's sake! :cool:

MarySwiss
12-16-2005, 08:14 PM
I just noticed that...

MarySwiss, get in there, you got a lot of work to do!

:tongue: <---------Just kidding! (Unless of course you do in fact feel the need to defend the guy who suggested we pick up a 7th starter....)

Now, that's better! Check out my post--which is probably one or two above this one--in which I suggested teal plus :tongue: . Was that so difficult?

And BTW, watch that tone, buster! Trust me; you don't want me to come over there!

However, I DO think he has a right to suggest we pick up a 7th starter, just as you have a right to disagree. (Why is this concept problematic for so many people?) Chisox, if you want to argue with the guy, feel free. It just seems to me that saying, "Hyuk, hyuk, that's why your name is Clueless" does not make the case.

Chisox003
12-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Now, that's better! Check out my post--which is probably one or two above this one--in which I suggested teal plus :tongue: . Was that so difficult?

And BTW, watch that tone, buster! Trust me; you don't want me to come over there!

However, I DO think he has a right to suggest we pick up a 7th starter, just as you have a right to disagree. (Why is this concept problematic for so many people?) Chisox, if you want to argue with the guy, feel free. It just seems to me that saying, "Hyuk, hyuk, that's why your name is Clueless" does not make the case.
LoL ... I like how we're now negotiating which situations call for teal PLUS one of the smileys...Now if you add a 2nd smiley, say this guy :cool:, and a few low level prospects, you got yourself a deal

I understand what you're saying though, and I'll remember that .... Or, I might just stay out of What's the Score all together, which after the last few weeks, seems like the best option

FarWestChicago
12-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Or, I might just stay out of What's the Score all together, which after the last few weeks, seems like the best optionAlways a good idea. :redneck

Palehose13
12-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Uh, no wonder you name is MarySwiss. Your arguments are like swiss cheese...full of holes! :tongue:

Brian26
12-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Unfortunately, the season is longer than just a couple of months. After the first few months in 2002, Lofton decided he would rather play somewhere else. And then when our collapse out of contention was complete that season, he got his wish. Why would anyone want this guy back?

I wouldn't touch the guy with a ten-foot-pole. He completely mailed it in around June of 2002 as soon as the Sox started struggling. He's a bum.

CluelessJoe1919
12-17-2005, 12:59 AM
Well, the guy did choose that name himself. It's not like my software assigns names, unless you are a troll. :redneck
...FarWest is extremely jealous of me.
Mary, hon...YOU should be a mod!
By the way, I took Clueless Joe cuz Shoeless Joe was taken and Joe said he was clueless during the Black Sox Scandal.

CluelessJoe1919
12-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Can you blame us? 7th starter?!?You mean to tell me that you're comfy with only six solid starters?