PDA

View Full Version : Luis Vizcaino appreciation thread

gbergman
12-15-2005, 04:31 PM
He was apart of this team and he did come in during game three and pitch a near perfect inning just giving up a lone walk. So thank you Vizcaino for improving down the strech, and helping out in the World Series

MeteorsSox4367
12-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Vizcaino = Gone

Marte = Gone

Suddenly, our bullpen looks so much better.

"DJ, I love addition by subtraction...Addition by subtraction, YYEESS!!!"

oeo
12-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Vizcaino = Gone

Marte = Gone

Suddenly, our bullpen looks so much better.

"DJ, I love addition by subtraction...Addition by subtraction, YYEESS!!!"

I disagree, Luis gets a bad rap for a bad first half. He had a great turn-around and helped immensely in the playoffs when we needed him.

Same thing with Marte, did we forget that he would have had the save in Game 3 of the World Series if it wasn't for a Uribe error? It's overshadowed by the great ending...but both of these guys came through when we needed them and they helped bring a long-awaited championship to our beloved White Sox. Give them the respect they deserve, not disrespect.

Hangar18
12-15-2005, 04:45 PM
VIZ, sorry things didnt work out for you here in the American League.
Good Luck, and shut down the Cubs brother

kevin57
12-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Viz, you showed flashes of greatness.

You frustrated the hell out of us other times.

Best wishes.

RallyBowl
12-15-2005, 07:37 PM
This is gonna be a short thread.

Best of luck, Viz. I'm sorry I once thought you played for the cubs.

faneidde
12-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Best of luck Viz. I thought you did a decent enough job for us, especially in the 2nd half. Thanks for helping the Sox win the series.

The Wall
12-15-2005, 08:01 PM
but both of these guys came through when we needed them
Marte came through big time in Game 3 of ALDS...hitting 2 batters.

RedPinStripes
12-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Thank you for aiding in getting Carlos Lee's dumbass outta here.

wassagstdu
12-15-2005, 08:07 PM
I thought Vizcaino took a bum rap after he was left in to take the lumps in a laugher early in the season. That blew his numbers up and whatever he did the rest of the season his numbers looked terrible from that point on. Somebody could easily prove me wrong by recalculating his ERA without that game, but that is how I remember it. If I'm right it is the kind of unfairness that sends a message Ozzie shouldn't want to send about the price of putting the team first.

The_Floridian
12-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks Viz. Get a few wins against the northsiders next year.

Chicken Dinner
12-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Appreciation threads are out of control....................

SoxSpeed22
12-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Appreciation threads are out of control....................That's TEAM! All parts of the team are appreciated equally!:thumbsup:
Thanks Viz, for taking the 1st half in stride and stabilizing us in the 2nd half. I only hope we have more depth for next year.
EDIT::worship: :vizcaino:

StockdaleForVeep
12-15-2005, 11:41 PM
People who badmouth viz are the same people who crapped on Shingo his first season when he got shelled in his first apperance against the yanks and were on him till he became a fan favorite. VIZ had the most innings by a reliever on this team and if you wanna simply discuss numbers, then nobody better praise hernandez cuz hernandez had an ERA 2 full points higher than Viz, and he was a starter

HotelWhiteSox
12-15-2005, 11:57 PM
I liked Viz, he was money down the stretch, and with the rate bullpen help is going for, I was disappointed that he was involved in the trade (that's 3 questionable bullpen spots, a component that was key to last year's success). Anyways, he got a bad rap for the Cleveland game, but there was no one else left, and the ERA obviously became inflated.

SoxFan76
12-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Vizcaino is a setup man for a lot of teams. He was, what, the 10th pitcher on the Sox staff? And his ERA was below 4.00? He wasn't that bad.

I_Liked_Manuel
12-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Dear Viz.,

You sucked.

Sincerely,
i_liked_manuel

Tragg
12-16-2005, 06:59 AM
Vizcaino is a setup man for a lot of teams. He was, what, the 10th pitcher on the Sox staff? And his ERA was below 4.00? He wasn't that bad.
He'd certainly be in the top 1/2 of the reliever rotation for most MLB teams; an ERA below 4 against American League competition. He was simply on a phenominal bullpen last year. Good luck Viz and thanks for your work.

wilburaga
12-16-2005, 10:04 AM
L-Viz has left the building.

W

Dick Allen
12-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Viz, you ruined my Sunday at the urinal when the Sox were trying to sweep the Flubs, giving up a 3-run HR to someone whose name I don't even remember (traded to Cle). Better luck against them next year.

SoxFan76
12-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Dear Viz.,

You sucked.

Sincerely,
i_liked_manuel

:rolleyes:

I give up.

Jenks4Pres
12-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Vizcaino was a bum and I am glad to see "he gone!!!!!!!!"
There is no question that this is addition by subtraction........ If you don't know that, you don't know your Chi Sox.........bottom line!!!!!!!

Luis- HE GONE!!!!

thank the good lord!

mweflen
12-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Seeing Vizcaino come in during the first 4 months of the season made me contemplate suicide. It was my running joke. Whoever I was watching the game with, I'd turn to, and say "Well, there goes the lead!" And come hell or high water, Viz found a way to blow whatever lead he inherited.

I think this "appreciation thread" crap is going a little too far.

I appreciate the fact that HE'S GONE.

Jenks4Pres
12-16-2005, 04:59 PM
People who badmouth viz are the same people who crapped on Shingo his first season when he got shelled in his first apperance against the yanks and were on him till he became a fan favorite. VIZ had the most innings by a reliever on this team and if you wanna simply discuss numbers, then nobody better praise hernandez cuz hernandez had an ERA 2 full points higher than Viz, and he was a starter

you need to get a clue.

SOXfnNlansing
12-17-2005, 01:52 PM
I never liked viz the fizz from the opening week of last season. Glad he gone!