PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Knights proud of the White Sox

Fenway
12-15-2005, 01:39 PM
think the banner is big enough :D:

http://www.charlotteknights.com/images/rightarctop.jpg

'Tis the season and the Knights spirits are high,
Didn't you hear, our parent club won the series in 2005.
That's right, the Sox brought the championship back to the South Side,
And oh yes, a few former Knights were there for the ride.
Garland was stellar all season and he started game number three,
While Crede provided an offensive spark for all the viewers to see.
Former Knight Aaron Rowand was on the highlight reels when he sang,
Not just for his rendition of the Journey song but also when Podsednik ended game two with a bang.
Oh, I almost forgot there was just one more,
Second baseman Willie Harris scored the only run in clinching game number four .
Now enough about the Sox lets focus on our Knights,
Those who wore our uniform in '05 played with all their might.
Of course they had their ups and their downs,
But fans got to watch as Joe Borchard dawned the Charlotte All-Time Hits Crown.
Gload also moved his average to a Charlotte All-Time high,
While Brandon McCarthy made batters watch the pitches go by.
Now it wasn't just the players that had their chance to shine,
As groundskeeper Eddie Busque left the IL wondering how he can make a field look so fine.
Our fans were also treated well at the Castle in '05,
As after every Saturday game, fireworks lit up the Ft. Mill sky.
Zooperstars and Birdzerk made our fans laugh and cheer,
While Killebrew and Brooks Robinson were brought in as a tribute to baseball's yesteryear.
With our promotions and giveaways, we had fans coming from two great states,
It's no wonder the Knights saw an increase in the fans passing through the Castle's gates.
In 2006 fans should look for the Knights to shine,
And to repeat their championship season from 1999!
Charlotte Knights Media Relations
(704) 357-8071 ext. 2175
2280 Deerfield Dr., Fort Mill, S.C. 29715

The Racehorse
12-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Not big enough :redneck

Hangar18
12-15-2005, 02:20 PM
thats pretty cool, thanks for Posting that. I wonder why the Tribune or SunTimes didnt do a piece on the Charlotte Knights praising the SOX ....

ilsox7
12-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Take note of the small amount of Sox players who played for Charlotte.

doogiec
12-15-2005, 08:40 PM
I like the part where they mention Borchard becoming Charlotte's "All Time Hits" King.

Its real difficult to walk the fine line of mediocrity. Get that batting average over .275, and they might promote you to the majors. Drop below .240, and you might get dumped altogether. But hang around .250 for four seasons and you become a Knight's all time record holder.

Congrats Joe.

Banix12
12-15-2005, 08:59 PM
The sox fan in me appreciates the sentiment of the poem. The poet in me finds it rather sloppy when it comes to meter and rhyme. Maybe if I find the time I'll rewrite it.

delben91
12-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I wonder why the Tribune or SunTimes didnt do a piece on the Charlotte Knights praising the SOX ....

:rolleyes:

Hangar, I see your point, but I think the Sox have had many more newsworthy events occur than a tribute on the AAA team's website. If the papers didn't cover the Thome trade, that's one thing, but the Charlotte Knights' website? That might be asking for too much.

gowhitesox
12-16-2005, 02:38 AM
It seems like more of the Sox players came up from AA Birmingham than AAA Charlotte this past season, am I right on that?

By the way the banner isn't big enough! A White Sox World Championship banner can never be to big for me.

Randar68
12-16-2005, 10:13 AM
It seems like more of the Sox players came up from AA Birmingham than AAA Charlotte this past season, am I right on that?

By the way the banner isn't big enough! A White Sox World Championship banner can never be to big for me.

The Sox bring their top prospects in from AA on most occassions when there is an immediate need. If someone is blocking their path, then guys go to AAA.

Buehrle and Jenks never played in Charlotte. Crede only played there after being sent back down (although he was a stud there in 95 games in 2002). Rowand only played in AAA after being sent back down as well.

Conversely, most of the AAAA type of players who end up as bench guys play in AAA. Harris, Gload, etc.

BMac and Anderson played in Charlotte because they were too advanced to gain much from AA and were either blocked in the majors, or needed AB's, so Charlotte was the destination. It was also key for BMac to pitch in Charlotte to concentrate on keeping the ball down, as that was something he got away with earlier in his career.