PDA

View Full Version : fav Sox

mwa36
12-23-2001, 10:28 PM
Just wondering who everyones favorite White Sox of all time is. Robin Ventura here. Happy holidays to all!!

:sox

WinningUgly!
12-24-2001, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by mwa36
Just wondering who everyones favorite White Sox of all time is. Robin Ventura here. Happy holidays to all!! :sox

When I was a kid it was Chet Lemon, now it's Pudge. There's really only one Pudge.

:pudge
"Damn straight!"

:gulp:

Nellie_Fox
12-24-2001, 12:55 AM
Bet ya can't guess my all-time favorite White Sox player.

CLR01
12-24-2001, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Bet ya can't guess my all-time favorite White Sox player.

:slowswing????????

RichH55
12-24-2001, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

:slowswing????????

CLR...that is just wrong in some many ways :(:

Singleton will be my favorite player when he is with the Rangers or whereever he winds up....good guy who has a job, but his play will only help the Sox once he is out of town

RichH55
12-24-2001, 03:55 AM
For all-time I'm going with Frank Thomas....I'm only 20 so my options are pretty much limited

RichH55
12-24-2001, 05:07 AM
Just wondering here...but how much do we have to add to :slowswing to get Gabe Kapler? He isn't Giles or Erstad, but he would definately fill the percieved void in CF..worth a shot

RedPinStripes
12-24-2001, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
Just wondering here...but how much do we have to add to :slowswing to get Gabe Kapler? He isn't Giles or Erstad, but he would definately fill the percieved void in CF..worth a shot

Oh....... you and CLR are going to be pals over this one. :smile:

RedPinStripes
12-24-2001, 07:08 AM
I gotta go with Robin Ventura.

duke of dorwood
12-24-2001, 10:02 AM
:hitless

Those votes ought to start pouring in any minute

duke of dorwood
12-24-2001, 10:03 AM
:nellie

Got to go with good old #2

CubKilla
12-24-2001, 11:47 AM
:pudge

When I was playing ball as a kid, I wanted to be a catcher because of Pudge. The first White Sox HR I can remember as a child hit at Old Comiskey Park was cranked out by Pudge. Most of my childhood White Sox memories have Pudge in them somewhere. Fisk was and still is..... "The Man."

doublem23
12-24-2001, 11:53 AM
Robin Ventura.... unfortunately, he's a Yankmee... ( :whiner: ) The only good that can come from this is maybe he can win the ring he deserves.... maybe that will be like a semi-championship for me.....

No, not at all... It's still the Yankmees...... Damn...

RichH55
12-25-2001, 03:16 PM
Hey I'll be happy for Robin when he wins a ring with the Yanks.....at least it isn't with a mortal enemy......I would hate to see Chelios win a cup with the Red Wings, but c'est la vie....losing Robin turned out to be good business

danman31
12-25-2001, 09:18 PM
Even though his career with the Sox was short Bo Jackson has to be the guy for me. Bo knows

Daver
12-25-2001, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Bo knows

I used to love that commercial ends with Bo Diddley playing the guitar saying Bo don't know Diddley

GASHWOUND
12-25-2001, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:hitless

Those votes ought to start pouring in any minute

Royce has got to be the guy. All those clutch, memorable years he had with the Sox. Man, Clayton was the MAN. I just hope when he's inducted into the HOF, he goes in as a White Sox.

Huisj
12-26-2001, 03:51 PM
:harold

I gotta go with Harold (as unpopular as he is on this board lately). At the first sox game I even went to when i was 5, he came up with two guys in scoring position and 2 outs, and my dad said something like "there's not much you can count on with the sox these days, but you can always count on Harold driving in men in scoring position" and sure enough he ripped a double off the wall on the next pitch to give the sox the lead (of course, being the sox of the late 80's that they were, they blew it later in the game when steve lyons caught a pop up in the shallow outfield, and held the ball as a runner on third (luis polonia maybe? can't remember) tagged up.) anyways, ever since that at bat harold had, he was my hero.

Foulke You
12-26-2001, 04:42 PM
It's a toss up between Ron Kittle or "Blackjack" McDowell for me. I loved "Kitty" when I was little because of his mammoth roof shot homers out of old Comiskey, but as I grew up I appreciated the fine art of pitching and never tired of watching Blackjack throw that mean splitter he had. One of the best pitched games I ever saw was between Jack McDowell and Randy Johnson. The Sox edged the M's 1-0 in a pitcher's duel all the way. Both guys pitched complete games too. I can't remember if that game was from '92 or '93 though. It's too bad that injuries cut short a great career for Jack.

Paulwny
12-26-2001, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:nellie

Got to go with good old #2

He's THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daver
12-26-2001, 08:02 PM
This is actually a tough question to answer,there are a lot of memories of watching Ron Kittle and Greg Luzinski bounce balls off the roof in BP,and the triple threat of Macdowell,Fernandez,and Alverez,Frank golfballing low pitches into the seats,Pudge tossing out would be's at second,the list goes on.But when all is said and done there is no replacement for Harold Baines taking a swing in his prime,what a sight that was.