PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Reed for Matt Clement

caulfield12
12-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Interesting side story in the Johnny Damon sweepstakes...although I think he is one of the most overrated players in baseball right now.

The Yankees do need a CF, and donīt want to give Damon 7 years....let alone five, at his age.

It would be a great move for the Mīs to improve their pitching IMO. I think Clement needs to get out of Boston.

The Mīs are also in negotiations with Millwood and Elarton. That would give them Felix Hernandez, Pineiro, Moyer, Clemente, Meche and Millwood-Elarton, enough to get them back into the AL West race with the Aīs and Angels. And eventually the Rangers will get enough pitching to become dangerous.

ilsox7
12-15-2005, 08:41 AM
Is this a done deal or just posted on the wrong board? I had hear rumors about this, but have seen nothing final...

caulfield12
12-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Is this a done deal or just posted on the wrong board? I had hear rumors about this, but have seen nothing final...

Just speculation....

Clement, Olivo and Morse for Garcia still doesnīt sound SO horrible, although I would much rather have a starting pitcher than Reed, who is never going to be a superstar...more like a poor manīs version of Mark Kotsay.

The Dude
12-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Just speculation....

Clement, Olivo and Morse for Garcia still doesnīt sound SO horrible, although I would much rather have a starting pitcher than Reed, who is never going to be a superstar...more like a poor manīs version of Mark Kotsay. Speculation = Whats the score??

ilsox7
12-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Just speculation....

Clement, Olivo and Morse for Garcia still doesnīt sound SO horrible, although I would much rather have a starting pitcher than Reed, who is never going to be a superstar...more like a poor manīs version of Mark Kotsay.

It's amazing how fast the Red Sox gave up on Edgar and now appearing to be doing the same with Clement.

caulfield12
12-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Speculation = Whats the score??

But isnīt Whatīs the Score for speculation about the White Sox...not every single team in baseball, right?

getonbckthr
12-15-2005, 09:33 AM
But isnīt Whatīs the Score for speculation about the White Sox...not every single team in baseball, right?
What's The Score? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18) (33 Viewing)
Pale Hose conspiracies, runaway rumors and lots of Lovable Loser laments. Check your brain at the door, and "Hey dude, what's the score?"

Notice the comma seperating pale hose conspiracies and runaway rumors thus meaning different.

nodiggity59
12-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Garland for Reed.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Just speculation....

Clement, Olivo, and Morse for Garcia? First of all, you are assuming that this "rumor" comes true. Second of all, you are assuming that the trade is Reed for Clement straight up - which I doubt, Mariners will most likely throw in 1-2 prospects. Finally, other than Reed, what have the other two guys we traded done lately? Olivo is a back-up now. Heck, even Reed was a disappointment hitting .254. Morse was pretty solid last year, but let's see how he does next year.

MEANWHILE, Freddy Garcia 14-8 with a 3.87 ERA for us last year, eating 228 innings, second most on the team. And all he did in the playoffs was go 3-0, 2.14, in 21 IP. I think we owe the Mariners another player to even things out.... hey! How about Carl Everett! :cool:

Mohoney
12-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Just speculation....

If the Mariners flip Reed for Clement, how does that affect the deal WE made?

Do you think it would be fair, then, to include the return package that the M's got for Olivo?

Fenway
12-15-2005, 12:45 PM
It's amazing how fast the Red Sox gave up on Edgar and now appearing to be doing the same with Clement.

Edgar cost the Red Sox 23 Million for ONE year by the time they pay off Atlanta :o:

Edgar blames the Fenway Park infield for his woes ( how does he explain the 81 road games )

"Edgar Renteria last night acknowledged that he 'wanted out of Boston,' but not because of the Boston fans (he called them 'more demanding' than those in St. Louis but said he came to appreciate it) or his comfort level with the American League (he said it was increasing). Rather, he cited the Fenway infield, which he said contributed to his major league-leading 30 errors.

"'It's one of the main reasons why I didn't feel comfortable,' he said, speaking in Spanish yesterday when reached by phone in Miami.

-- 12.12.05, Chris Snow and Luis Andres Henao, The Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/12/12/renteria_says_he_wanted_out/?page=1)

But He Made 14 Errors on the Road to Go with 16 at Fenway
And the Infield Was Brand Spankin' New to Boot

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/01/25/a_new_field_of_dreams/

Clement won no friends here when he was seen at the Cubby Bear the night before the 14-2 debacle

ilsox7
12-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Edgar cost the Red Sox 23 Million for ONE year by the time they pay off Atlanta :o:

Edgar blames the Fenway Park infield for his woes ( how does he explain the 81 road games )

"Edgar Renteria last night acknowledged that he 'wanted out of Boston,' but not because of the Boston fans (he called them 'more demanding' than those in St. Louis but said he came to appreciate it) or his comfort level with the American League (he said it was increasing). Rather, he cited the Fenway infield, which he said contributed to his major league-leading 30 errors.

"'It's one of the main reasons why I didn't feel comfortable,' he said, speaking in Spanish yesterday when reached by phone in Miami.

-- 12.12.05, Chris Snow and Luis Andres Henao, The Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/12/12/renteria_says_he_wanted_out/?page=1)

But He Made 14 Errors on the Road to Go with 16 at Fenway
And the Infield Was Brand Spankin' New to Boot

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/01/25/a_new_field_of_dreams/

Clement won no friends here when he was seen at the Cubby Bear the night before the 14-2 gem

Fixed that for ya. :D:

Banix12
12-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Just speculation....

Technically if this trade goes through it becomes Clement, Morse, Miguel Ojeda, and Nathaniel Mateo for Garcia and Davis. that is pretty bad for a deal. A middle of the rotation starter that wears down at the end of every season, a 2b who constantly got caught with roids, a career backup catcher and a AA reliever for Garcia.

caulfield12
12-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Technically if this trade goes through it becomes Clement, Morse, Miguel Ojeda, and Nathaniel Mateo for Garcia and Davis. that is pretty bad for a deal. A middle of the rotation starter that wears down at the end of every season, a 2b who constantly got caught with roids, a career backup catcher and a AA reliever for Garcia.

Except Morse played SS before being tried in LF with the arrival of Betancourt in Seattle.

Banix12
12-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Except Morse played SS before being tried in LF with the arrival of Betancourt in Seattle.

So he changed positions, big freakin' deal. That doesn't change the fact that he got busted for Roids and it doesn't change that the two bigger parts of the deal, Olivo and Reed, have so far been dissapointing since the trade.