PDA

View Full Version : Member of Sox I'm most worried about losing...

WhiteSoxFan84
12-15-2005, 01:24 AM
http://mlans.dynip.com/blogpics/2003-01/2003-01-31-williams.jpg

THE MAN!

I think he deserves that intro. The guy reminds me of myself playing Playstation and putting together the best team possible. This guy is a beast and he's the guy I'm most concerned about leaving us in a few years. With the Red Sox GM position literally a 2-man circus and with the Yankees and Cashman already having had problems, could this guy leave us for a Boston, New York, Baltimore, etc.?

I saw us lose Frank Thomas.
I saw us lose Aaron Rowand.
I can see us losing Jon Garland.
I can see us losing Paul Konerko.
I can see us losing Mark Buehrle.
But Kenny Williams......... that will be painful. Very painful.

Kenny Williams....I appreciate you!

Chisox003
12-15-2005, 01:28 AM
The guy reminds me of myself playing Playstation and putting together the best team possible.Nice comparison! :thumbsup:

We've all been there, but this guy does it for real...And has become damn good at it.

As for him leaving, I'm not going to worry about that just yet. Opening Day 2006 can't get here soon enough though, I'll tell you that.

Thank you KW, "The Man" :gulp:

Exit_Only
12-15-2005, 01:35 AM
KW is looking like a champ in that picture--oh, that's right he is!

On top of all his brililant General Manager duties, this is a man with a backbone. Remember when Gord Ash publicly questioned KW's character by sending over Sirotka and his torn labrum? KW called a press conference to passionately defend his character!

He's a very stern and intelluctual man who will fix his mistakes and always compete. I love listening to his interviews.

Kuzman
12-15-2005, 07:29 AM
Why would he want to leave if he has put together a winning team here and perhaps even a dynasty in the future?

veeter
12-15-2005, 07:48 AM
The beauty of Kenny is he's like all of us, a HUGE Sox fan. He's not going anywhere.

cleanwsox
12-15-2005, 08:36 AM
Unless Jerry sells or crokes, I don't see KW going anywhere. Jerry gave him the chance to be GM and I'm sure the loyalty is more valuable to KW than the extra money he could get somewhere else.

Corlose 15
12-15-2005, 08:43 AM
I always liked to play with the teams without loading them up. Its more challenging that way. Like say if Danny Wright is your 5th starter.:D:

caulfield12
12-15-2005, 09:00 AM
THE MAN!

I think he deserves that intro. The guy reminds me of myself playing Playstation and putting together the best team possible. This guy is a beast and he's the guy I'm most concerned about leaving us in a few years. With the Red Sox GM position literally a 2-man circus and with the Yankees and Cashman already having had problems, could this guy leave us for a Boston, New York, Baltimore, etc.?

I saw us lose Frank Thomas.
I saw us lose Aaron Rowand.
I can see us losing Jon Garland.
I can see us losing Paul Konerko.
I can see us losing Mark Buehrle.
But Kenny Williams......... that will be painful. Very painful.

Kenny Williams....I appreciate you!

We are not going to be able to judge KW fully until after the 2007 season. Thatīs when we will have a much better idea how well positioned the franchise is...we tore down the early 2000īs teams and built something better. But the Sox have never been able to sustain success. Can he take that next step into Schuerholz and elite GM territory? I canīt wait to find out...and have been fascinated by this offseason like most Sox fans.

Losing Gio and Young could hurt this franchise big-time down the road, but we are definitely in a better position to defend the next two years...five year plans are for Josef Stalin and the Cubs.

Norberto7
12-15-2005, 10:58 AM
We are not going to be able to judge KW fully until after the 2007 season.

I disagree. I think we can judge him now. KW is a man who identifies problems and does what he feels is best to fix them with whatever means he has available to him, and it has brought him a World Series championship.

Kenny is somewhat of a gambler, but a smart one. But by definition, he'll guess right, he'll guess wrong. That's the nature of the job.

His job is to identify trends/areas in which to guide the team to improve the team. I don't think you can argue he hasn't done that. Whether or not the specific players work out is up to some degree of chance. So far, the chances have worked out well. Even at the point when they don't, I still think KW can be judged fully as a top-quality GM.

nevr say dye sox
12-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Good point Noberto7, don't you think if trades were a for sure Steinbrener would just go out and buy it!

Garland_IS_God
12-15-2005, 11:36 AM
I would miss Joe Crede the most.

noquitter
12-15-2005, 11:53 AM
We are not going to be able to judge KW fully until after the 2007 season.You must have missed last season. :?:

WhiteSoxFan84
12-15-2005, 11:56 AM
We are not going to be able to judge KW fully until after the 2007 season. Thatīs when we will have a much better idea how well positioned the franchise is...we tore down the early 2000īs teams and built something better. But the Sox have never been able to sustain success. Can he take that next step into Schuerholz and elite GM territory? I canīt wait to find out...and have been fascinated by this offseason like most Sox fans.

Losing Gio and Young could hurt this franchise big-time down the road, but we are definitely in a better position to defend the next two years...five year plans are for Josef Stalin and the Cubs.

I COMPLETELY disagree. Schuerholzism? What has he done? Yes, they won 13 or 14 straight division titles, but how many World Series rings? 1? In that many opportunities? He's a very good GM, no doubt, but by no means will I make him my model GM that I compare all to. As much as I hate to admit it, Billy Beane is probably the best all-around GM, NEXT to Kenny. The guy constantly puts together a team that wins 85-90 games and does it with a payroll around $50 mill. I don't see Theo Eipstein or Brian Cashman as great GMs. I think we can all agree that if we were given $150-$200 mill payrolls, we'd put together a 90+ game winning team.

KW acquired Javier Vazquez by trading from strength. Outfield is obviously our strength. We have Scott Podsednik who will be around for another 3-5 years. The same can be said about Brian Anderson and probably Jermaine Dye. Then you have Ryan Sweeney and Jerry Owens in the minors, who both have MLB potential. That being said, I still say, GO GET ABREU! lol

Moving on, KDub has proved he can completely turn a ballclub around in a matter of 2-3 years. It actually took him 1 year to turn the team around but we was around before that 1 year so we have to include the other years.