PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking about this trade

WCCMIKE
12-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Since we need a CF do you guys think the Reds would do Brian Anderson and say Garland for Griffey Jr.If not that why don't the Sox make a run for Jays CF Wells ?

Chisox003
12-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Since we need a CF do you guys think the Reds would do Brian Anderson and say Garland for Griffey Jr.If not that why don't the Sox make a run for Jays CF Wells ?
I don't understand why we would ever do Anderson and Garland for Griffey :?:

And Wells is a good player, but the Jays are looking to take that division this year, and he's a staple in that lineup, plus the face of that entire organization...He's staying put.

I'm quite content with BA starting in CF, with Jerry O waiting in the wings. With our pitching staff, the only thing the man in center has to do is catch the ball.

KRS1
12-15-2005, 12:00 AM

Talk about overpaying for players past their prime. We could pull in much much much more than KGJ for Jon and BA. Wells is a fine player, a damn good one actually, but we dont need to trade away a very good SP for CF. IMO, IF we trade Jon it will be for another starter thats ready to make the jump to the majors and a prospect with the possiblity of a reliever.

Banix12
12-15-2005, 12:15 AM

I don't think the reds would make that trade. I believe the sox offered more at the deadline and it didn't happen then. As for Vernon Wells, he's really their best source of power and right now their biggest offensive need is acquiring more middle of the order hitting. The sox aren't a good match for the Blue Jays to trade with. They need major league level hitting, sox have surplus major league pitching and not a lot of major league hitting they can spare.

There really not a lot of really good CF on the trade market right now that are realistically available, at least nobody I can think of I would take over Anderson.

EDIT: If they are really looking for a starting CF then fine, I just don't see one available. So saying that I think they should probably look around a solid veteran backup OF. Jeff Davanon was designated for assignment last week, i think he would be worth a look for the bench.