PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea...

gr8mexico
12-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Well I have nothing else to do but sit around and think what the Sox can get for Garland when I thought about this. Why not trade Garland for CF superstar Andruw Jones. :bandance: I CANT SLEEP!!!!!Kenny make something happend already

JUribe1989
12-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Well I have nothing else to do but sit around and think what the Sox can get for Garland when I thought about this. Why not trade Garland for CF superstar Andruw Jones. :bandance: I CANT SLEEP!!!!!Kenny make something happend already
It is very suspenseful to see if Garland goes and who comes to the Sox. Althought, I know there is no chance that it is Andruw Jones lol.

batmanZoSo
12-15-2005, 02:41 AM

We tried that once for Magglio and it didn't work.

TheOldRoman
12-15-2005, 02:49 AM
We tried that once for Magglio and it didn't work.
Actually, Atlanta offered Jones and Russ Ortiz for Magglio. KW didn't want to trade him.

Scottiehaswheels
12-15-2005, 03:10 AM
Actually, Atlanta offered Jones and Russ Ortiz for Magglio. KW didn't want to trade him.

In a lateral trade move how about Garland/Harris for Mark Mulder/prospect? Gives us 2 lefties in the rotation plus Mark grew up a Sox fan.... so I think KW could work out a contract with him for a couple years... Like Garland, Mulder is a FA after '06...

Chisox003
12-15-2005, 03:31 AM
In a lateral trade move how about Garland/Harris for Mark Mulder/prospect? Gives us 2 lefties in the rotation plus Mark grew up a Sox fan.... so I think KW could work out a contract with him for a couple years... Like Garland, Mulder is a FA after '06...
Garland and Willie Harris....for Mark Mulder?? :o:

Someone needs sleep.....

Scottiehaswheels
12-15-2005, 03:36 AM
Garland and Willie Harris....for Mark Mulder?? :o:

Someone needs sleep.....

Ha actually I revised it on the other board.... Garland/harris/Borchard for Mulder/Flores... St. Louis needs an outfield bat with some pop(I kinda left out his OBA on the Cards board) and a 2B... also some speed.... Flores looks like a good young lefty reliever to help in the pen...

WhiteSoxFan84
12-15-2005, 04:29 AM

Currently our needs are...

- Outfielder, mainly LF or CF
- # 2 hitter
- Bullpen

...in that order. Why would we want yet another starter?

I got one name for you guys... BOBBY ABREU! I want him in a Sox uniform.

pythons007
12-15-2005, 10:39 AM
All these trade rumors that people come up with are almost painful to read.

y2j2785
12-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Why not Garland and Dye for Ichiro?

ilsox7
12-15-2005, 05:37 PM

Because Seattle wouldn't make that deal.

The Deacon
12-15-2005, 05:40 PM

Becasue Gord Ash isnt the GM of Seattle. I will now go pour bleach in my eyes.

MadetoOrta
12-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Here's an idea: Vazquez wants to end up closer to Puerto Rico right? Vazquez and Crede to Marlins, Miguel Cabrera [Venezuelan] to the Sox. Vazquez gets traded to the Braves for top prospects.

Thoughts.

oeo
12-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Currently our needs are...

- Outfielder, mainly LF or CF
- # 2 hitter
- Bullpen

...in that order. Why would we want yet another starter?

I got one name for you guys... BOBBY ABREU! I want him in a Sox uniform.

#2 hitter goes ahead of bullpen? I think bullpen even goes ahead of outfielder. It's not like we don't have a #2 hitter in Iguchi, if we don't find one, and it's not like Anderson/Owens are going to be terrible. Bullpen, IMO, is a much bigger concern than a #2 or outfielder.

nodiggity59
12-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Here's an idea: Vazquez wants to end up closer to Puerto Rico right? Vazquez and Crede to Marlins, Miguel Cabrera [Venezuelan] to the Sox. Vazquez gets traded to the Braves for top prospects.

Thoughts.

Ok!

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2005, 06:00 PM

Thoughts.Cabrera has two years of service time. He's a serf. Why in hell would the Marlins do this? (Even if it did make any sense otherwise, which it doesn't.)

Chisox003
12-15-2005, 06:02 PM

Thoughts.
Pull the trigger K-dub!

:rolleyes:

buehrle4cy05
12-15-2005, 06:37 PM
How about this trade:
We send Garland, Dye, Anderson, McCarthy, Crede, Sweeney, and Rogowski to the Yankees for A-Rod, Chien-Ming Wang, and Sheffield.

Soxzilla
12-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Did you guys ever see that episode of Family Guy where the retail clerk and the cameraman both soak themselves with gasoline and light themselves on fire after seeing Meg?

This is what I want to do after reading this thread.

Jjav829
12-15-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm actually thinking about starting a thread in WTS called "Jjav's ridiculous trade ideas thread." It would be stuck at the top and everyone could just post their ridiculous trade ideas and I would come along and rip the truly ridiculous ones.

I should have done that.

samram
12-15-2005, 07:00 PM
I should have done that.
[/color]

Better late than never.

Whitesox4ever
12-18-2005, 11:50 AM
The trade I would make would be with the A's

Sox send
Garland
Crede

and we would get
Chavez
Kotsay

Jjav829
12-18-2005, 11:52 AM
The trade I would make would be with the A's

Sox send
Garland
Crede

and we would get
Chavez
Kotsay

Yeah, because the A's need starters so badly. And what better way to acquire their 7th starter than to give up their best hitter and their leadoff hitter. :?::rolleyes:

:(:

Whitesox4ever
12-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeah, because the A's need starters so badly. And what better way to acquire their 7th starter than to give up their best hitter and their leadoff hitter. :?::rolleyes:

:(:

Zito is on the way out and they can replace him with Garland..

Jjav829
12-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Umm, Zito and Garland are both free agents at the same time. If they are going to let Zito walk, they would let Garland walk as well. Besides that, they still have Harden, Haren, Loaiza, Blanton and Saarloos/Meyer/Kennedy/Cruz.

It's a horrible trade suggestion, but don't feel bad, it's only one of a thousand that have been made here recently.

caulfield12
12-18-2005, 11:59 AM

Well, then why don't we just trade Garland for Zito and see if we have any luck re/signing him, lol?

There's a good chance Kotsay does get traded to the Yankees...because the A's have Bradley now for that position, theoretically, before he explodes.

Chavez would be fine...but he would bloat our payroll over $95 million, and I just think that the A's are not in a position to sacrifice that much of their offense. They can pay him...he's their best position player...but until we start operating like the Yankees and Red Sox, it's a pipe dream.

Crede would fit the modus operandi of the A's...rent a player for a year or two and then lose him to the highest bidder.

Whitesox4ever
12-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Umm, Zito and Garland are both free agents at the same time. If they are going to let Zito walk, they would let Garland walk as well. Besides that, they still have Harden, Haren, Loaiza, Blanton and Saarloos/Meyer/Kennedy/Cruz.

It's a horrible trade suggestion, but don't feel bad, it's only one of a thousand that have been made here recently.

I dont see Kennedy and Cruz as quality starters.. Garland might even give the A's a hometown discount.

Jjav829
12-18-2005, 12:07 PM
There's a good chance Kotsay does get traded to the Yankees...because the A's have Bradley now for that position, theoretically, before he explodes.

Kotsay isn't going anywhere. Beane loves the guy and signed him to an extension last season. Besides that, the Yankees don't really have anything to give up, short of maybe Cano who they don't seem to want to part with.

Jjav829
12-18-2005, 12:19 PM
I dont see Kennedy and Cruz as quality starters.. Garland might even give the A's a hometown discount.

Meyer is the guy they view for that spot in the future. And just because you don't view Kennedy and Cruz as quality starters, that doesn't mean they don't view those guys as starter options. And they sure as hell wouldn't give up their best player for a free agent to be when they already have a better pitcher who will be a free agent after this year.

Even if they can get Garland for a hometown discount, they're not going to trade Chavez when they could just ride out the season with Zito and then sign Garland after this year.