PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Visiting Jerk Players

soxinem1
12-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Many of us listed our 'Most Hated' visiting players, and I noticed it had a wide range of the defition of hate. Hating a guy like Mike Sweeney for hitting .785 against our pitching is different than hating outright idiots like the late Al Cowens and others for just being jerks.

So this time, let's confine it to the jerks, idiots, and incidents that made us despise these low-life creatures.

My pick is the jerk my 'friend' below is talking to:

http://www.richardkiel.com/rkcolor.jpg

AND YOU CAN COUNT, ROBERT FICK, ON MEETING ME IN THE PARKING LOT!

JermaineDye05
12-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Many of us listed our 'Most Hated' visiting players, and I noticed it had a wide range of the defition of hate. Hating a guy like Mike Sweeney for hitting .785 against our pitching is different than hating outright idiots like the late Al Cowens and others for just being jerks.

So this time, let's confine it to the jerks, idiots, and incidents that made us despise these low-life creatures.

My pick is the jerk my 'friend' below is talking to:

http://www.richardkiel.com/rkcolor.jpg

AND YOU CAN COUNT, ROBERT FICK, ON MEETING ME IN THE PARKING LOT!
:rolling:
I dunno but I'd have to say I hate seeing "Shooter" McGavin at sox games

Unregistered
12-14-2005, 08:41 PM
http://gfx.filmweb.pl/p/3027/po.65269.jpg
"This is Shooter's tour."

JUribe1989
12-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Jeremy Bonderman yelled back at fans during a game in September a game I went to. I have hated the ****ing baldy ever since. Yep, Bonderman gets my vote.

NonetheLoaiza
12-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Fick gets my vote. That guy was the definition of a jerk during that 2000 season.

MERPER
12-14-2005, 08:55 PM
I went to a game a few years back when we hosted the KC Royals and Knoblauch was there after being shipped out of NYY...

They were taking BP and some kid in front of me was asking for a baseball.. by kid I mean 6 or 7... This simple act is a good way to tell jerks from non-jerks...

Knoblauch was teasing the kid instead of just ignoring him and other fans took notice and started joking that he wouldn't throw it because he couldn't even make the throw from 2nd to 1st.... he was not too happy and had some choice words....

:mad:

Domeshot17
12-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Hands down Bredon Donnelly. I got a good 4 day vacation for ramping about my experience, so as a more educated poster now, all I will say is my girlfriend asked him for an autograph while he was sitting in the seats at the cell, and he went on a 40 second cursing spree at her, then 10-15 minutes later as she was giving a little kid the bp ball she caught, she got nailed in the arm with another ball, and he laughed and called her another profane name.

This also leads for my vote as nicest visiting player: Krod. he came over to Katie and apologized for what his team mate said, signed a ball with reliever soctt shields and tossed it to her, very classy move.

depy48
12-14-2005, 10:01 PM
I have always disliked Luis Rivas, but I would have to say...

:nandrolone "where are my earplugs?"

soxinem1
12-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Brandon Donnelly

This guy always seemed to rub me the wrong way too. You'd think beng the minor league journeyman scab he is he would think of how much better it would be if he acted like he was still riding buses in the stix!

Here's to hoping he winds up in Albequerque as a team mate of Jerry Kutzler and Al Levine someday!

PKalltheway
12-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Brandon Donnelly

This guy always seemed to rub me the wrong way too. You'd think beng the minor league journeyman scab he is he would think of how much better it would be if he acted like he was still riding buses in the stix!

Here's to hoping he winds up in Albequerque as a team mate of Jerry Kutzler and Al Levine someday!

He was that jerk who also claimed that he needed pine tar in his glove because "he sweated a lot and didn't want the ball to slip out of his hand and hit someone." Pathetic. Why can't he just say he got caught cheating? Also, what Mike Scosicia (I don't know how to spell his name) did to Frank Robinson during that game was classless as well. Just because your player got caught cheating doesn't give you the license to threaten the opposing manager. Scoiscia offered up a lame excuse saying that a lot of pitchers do it. That's like Dusty Baker going over to threaten Lou Piniella or whoever the D-Rays manager was in 2003 when Sammy Soso got caught using a corked bat and then saying that a lot of players use a corked bat and its part of the game. It makes just that much sense. Cheating is cheating. If he got caught, just own up to it. Don't make excuses. I'm so glad the Sox spanked the Angels in the ALCS!!:D:

JUribe1989
12-14-2005, 10:42 PM
I have always disliked Luis Rivas, but I would have to say...

:nandrolone "where are my earplugs?"

Why do you dislike Rivas? My aunt and uncle were a host family for him when he was in A Fort Wayne because they speak spanish. He was the nicest guy to me, you don't like him?

mweflen
12-15-2005, 09:51 AM
A couple guys stick out in my mind:

Milton Bradley - with the indians, not running out pop flies in disgust, glowering at fans when they heckled him for it.

Rickey Henderson - flipping off fans who razzed him over a bad play inthe OF.

chaerulez
12-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Fick is my vote too. Probably the only guy that both Cubs and Sox fans hate.

Jerko
12-15-2005, 10:08 AM
For pure jerk purposes, Scammy. His resume is too long to list here, but we all know it well.

depy48
12-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Why do you dislike Rivas? My aunt and uncle were a host family for him when he was in A Fort Wayne because they speak spanish. He was the nicest guy to me, you don't like him?

Honestly, my dislike is pretty unwarranted. I think he may have began in World Series Baseball from Dreamcast, where he seems to make every play, and always seems to kill me. I guess this dislike has translated from the digital world to the real world.

Chez
12-15-2005, 11:47 AM
If you would have posted this thread one year ago, the winner might have been A.J. Pierczynski! Now we all love him (just like Bulls fan grew to love Dennis Rodman and Hawks fans embraced Bob Probert when he played here).

My vote goes to Mike Myers. A tool.

LongLiveFisk
12-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Knoblauch was teasing the kid instead of just ignoring him and other fans took notice and started joking that he wouldn't throw it because he couldn't even make the throw from 2nd to 1st.... he was not too happy and had some choice words....

:roflmao:
Add Harold Reynolds and Lee Smith. Smith just brushed passed a bunch of kids, wouldn't sign, wouldn't even LOOK at them, just shook his head "no" with a really pissy facial expression.

Reynolds I am adding for my brother. This was years back (80s) when the Mariners came to Comiskey and he said all of them were pretty cool except Reynolds who would come right out and say "no" when asked for an autograph. Not "sorry I just don't have time" or anything like that, just "NO". So, my brother (being equally mature) responded back by saying, "NO?? Who the hell are you?? You suck anyway! You should be honored anyone would even ask you!"
:tongue:

The Racehorse
12-15-2005, 12:09 PM
I went to a game a few years back when we hosted the KC Royals and Knoblauch was there after being shipped out of NYY...

They were taking BP and some kid in front of me was asking for a baseball.. by kid I mean 6 or 7... This simple act is a good way to tell jerks from non-jerks...

:mad:

... pretty crappy what Knob did to the kid :mad: ...

... but it's awesome what was said to him :D: ...

ChiSoxLifer
12-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Albert Belle minus two years.

Norberto7
12-15-2005, 01:10 PM
I'll throw Curt Schilling out there...my general distaste for the fellow only amplified by a couple of Boston fans sitting in front of me having an emotional orgasm just seeing the almighty in the flesh, sitting in the bullpen. :puking:

D. TODD
12-15-2005, 01:21 PM
A couple guys stick out in my mind:

Milton Bradley - with the indians, not running out pop flies in disgust, glowering at fans when they heckled him for it.

Rickey Henderson - flipping off fans who razzed him over a bad play inthe OF. Players who respond to jerks heckling them are just too sensitive but not jerks in my book. Unprovoked juvenile behavior is what I would consider a player a jerk for.

Ken Griffey Jr. had a blast one game I was at with taunting back at idiot fans heckling him after he homered and then doubled in two straight at bats. The fans got more profane and loud and his taunts back went from the have another beer motion to you must be shooting up motion to his arm. ROBERT FICK & AL COWENS actions qualify as jerks to say the least though.

Domeshot17
12-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Add Harold Reynolds and Lee Smith. Smith just brushed passed a bunch of kids, wouldn't sign, wouldn't even LOOK at them, just shook his head "no" with a really pissy facial expression.

Suprising. (kind of a dumb story especially involving the cubs). I started talking a lot when I was like 9 months old. So when I was 2, my grandpa ( big cubs fan) took me to wrigley, and his company seats were right by the bullpen. When Lee Smith went to warm up, I guess I was making him laugh, telling him to throw it in there and throw strikes, and after I used the phrase "throw the cheese" He took the ball he was warming up with, signed it, and asked me if I could please be quiet so he could finish warming up without laughing. I personally do not remember any of this, but my mom dad and grandpa all tell me this story a lot. Makes me think he would be a good guy to most people, but who knows, I was 2.

skottyj242
12-15-2005, 02:11 PM
A couple of years ago I was at a company outing in the patio area and the Tigers were taking batting practice and a friend of mine and I were laying into Matt Anderson pretty good. A ball was hit deep into the warning track and he made the catch and kicked a huge pile of dirt into both of our faces and in our beers, I was irate but I probably deserved it. Good thing beers were free or I would have been really mad. That game was Friday night, I got "my" revenge on Sunday afternoon when we were sitting behind the Tigers bullpen laying into him again, well he went into the game and grooved a pitch to Paulie who hit a monster shot to right to win the game.

Bobby Thigpen
12-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Will Clark. He once called me a fat little ba----d at Busch Stadium. I know this wasn't in Chicago, but he did visit later in his career and I still hate him to this day.

LongLiveFisk
12-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Suprising. (kind of a dumb story especially involving the cubs). I started talking a lot when I was like 9 months old. So when I was 2, my grandpa ( big cubs fan) took me to wrigley, and his company seats were right by the bullpen. When Lee Smith went to warm up, I guess I was making him laugh, telling him to throw it in there and throw strikes, and after I used the phrase "throw the cheese" He took the ball he was warming up with, signed it, and asked me if I could please be quiet so he could finish warming up without laughing. I personally do not remember any of this, but my mom dad and grandpa all tell me this story a lot. Makes me think he would be a good guy to most people, but who knows, I was 2.

Well, you know how it is...anyone can have a bad day....I'm just saying it left me with a bad impression. Of course, on the flipside I have also met celebrities that I thought were cool and other people said were jerks. I guess it all depends on the mood they're in on the day you happen to cross paths with them.

Dick Allen
12-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Well, you know how it is...anyone can have a bad day....I'm just saying it left me with a bad impression. Of course, on the flipside I have also met celebrities that I thought were cool and other people said were jerks. I guess it all depends on the mood they're in on the day you happen to cross paths with them.Lee Smith was signing autographs at a Schaumburg Flyers game this past summer. He was very jovial, joking around with us. Like you said, players have their good days and bad days just like anybody else.