PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Cunningham

KRS1
12-14-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm curious as to what type of game he brings to the field. So, Randar, Mo as well as others what is the scouting report on him since he is now one of our best OF prospects. I rad on BA they had him as the best athlete we took in the draft, but not the fastest player(Getz). Does he have good wheels, who would you compare his speed to? What type of avg and power #s has he shown? Thanks in advance.

Fungo
12-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Frame reminds me of Aaron Rowand. Quick bat and hits well with wood & if I'm not mistaken the JuCo he attended played in a conference that used wooden bats. Plus arm and plus speed on the bases. A favorite of many on this board as well as Baseball America's Jim Callis. Probably 2 years away at least.

KRS1
12-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the reply fungo, I hope you dont mind if I ask a couple more q's, like who's speed would you compare his to and is he a good base-stealer?

Randar68
12-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Frame reminds me of Aaron Rowand. Quick bat and hits well with wood & if I'm not mistaken the JuCo he attended played in a conference that used wooden bats. Plus arm and plus speed on the bases. A favorite of many on this board as well as Baseball America's Jim Callis. Probably 2 years away at least.

More like 4 years away.

maurice
12-14-2005, 05:54 PM
http://www.intimidatorsbaseball.com/images/players/Cunningham,%20Aaron.jpg

He's young and raw. Very little college experience and very little action above rookie ball. (He had a cup of coffee with Kanny late last year, but they didn't give him much playing time.) Not much of a frame for a corner OF. He's got a good sized leg kick before he swings.

Here's his bio from the I's web site:
Lightly recruited at Everett CC in Washington state before hitting .489 with ten home runs and 56 RBI in his freshman season. The near triple crown season earned him all NWAACC honors and a 6th round selection bonus of $140,000.00. Scouts think Cunningham has one of the purest swings out of the northwest and has above average speed and arm strength in the outfield. Cunningham hit well in 56 games at Great Falls finishing with a .315 average and five home runs. The right handed hitter is just 19 years old.

He's part of a group of young OF (including Sanchez and maybe Collaro) who has a chance to take a leap forward this season, but they're all a long way from the majors. There's a big gap between these guys and the more advanced group of Owens, Rogo (primarily a 1B), and Sweeney.

KRS1
12-14-2005, 08:28 PM
One last question, kinda off on a tangent but could someone give me a top 5 list of speed for our minors.
I'm guessing it would start something like 1Owens, 2Valido, but after that I'm clueless.

Daver
12-14-2005, 08:36 PM
One last question, kinda off on a tangent but could someone give me a top 5 list of speed for our minors.
I'm guessing it would start something like 1Owens, 2Valido, but after that I'm clueless.

You can put Borchard in there, he is deceptively fast, the aussie, whose name escapes me at the moment, is also fairly quick.

KRS1
12-14-2005, 08:49 PM
You can put Borchard in there, he is deceptively fast, the aussie, whose name escapes me at the moment, is also fairly quick.

I always thought Borchards long strides made him pretty good at covering ground, but there has to be fast guys out there than him.

maurice
12-14-2005, 08:58 PM
the aussie, whose name escapes me at the moment, is also fairly quick.

Are you thinking of Brice? Don't know how much longer that guy will be around. It seems like they gave up on converting him into a pitcher.

Daver
12-14-2005, 09:00 PM
I always thought Borchards long strides made him pretty good at covering ground, but there has to be fast guys out there than him.The only guy in ST last year faster than Borchard was Willie Harris.

Daver
12-14-2005, 09:01 PM
Are you thinking of Brice? Don't know how much longer that guy will be around. It seems like they gave up on converting him into a pitcher.

Bryce, that's it.

He never got the hang of hitting the ball unless it was skipped to the plate.

KRS1
12-14-2005, 09:07 PM
The only guy in ST last year faster than Borchard was Willie Harris.

Scotty was in ST, and in all seriousness I saw about 20 of their games last year and would have pointed out Pablo, and Wilson Valdez as faster players.