PDA

View Full Version : WS hat arrived yesterday

mrwag
12-14-2005, 09:23 AM
After being on "backorder" from MLB.com for what seemed an eternity, I finally received my World Series clubhouse hat yesterday. I have to say, it was worth the wait. It appears they fixed the problems with the early version of that hat that had the cheap Sox logo glued on the front. This one here is a one piece embroydered patch that looks excellent. I got to see the original product in person, and this is so much better.

I know a lot of people were mad with the hats they purchased, so you might want to think about putting an order in for the new style. I don't think this one will be falling apart any time soon.
:bandance:

Hangar18
12-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Why dont you include a PICTURE of this updated hat for everyone here to see

MarySwiss
12-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Well, glad to hear it! They sent me an e-mail on Saturday saying mine has shipped, so I'm thinking it'll be here today. Can't wait! :D:

mrwag
12-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Why dont you include a PICTURE of this updated hat for everyone here to see

I'll try to get one posted tonight.

Erik The Red
12-14-2005, 01:38 PM
I got one of the originals, and I have not had a problem with it yet. Then again, I haven't worn it as much I as I do my fitted Sox cap.

MarySwiss
12-14-2005, 04:36 PM
After being on "backorder" from MLB.com for what seemed an eternity, I finally received my World Series clubhouse hat yesterday. I have to say, it was worth the wait. It appears they fixed the problems with the early version of that hat that had the cheap Sox logo glued on the front. This one here is a one piece embroydered patch that looks excellent. I got to see the original product in person, and this is so much better.

I know a lot of people were mad with the hats they purchased, so you might want to think about putting an order in for the new style. I don't think this one will be falling apart any time soon.
:bandance:

Got mine just now, and you are right, sir. It's boo-tiful!

However, I think someone said on another thread a few days ago that mlb.com is no longer offering them. Maybe if enough people request them, mlb will reconsider. I'm kind of sorry I only ordered one, becaue I suspect Mr.MarySwiss is going to try to rip me off for it.

DaveIsHere
12-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Got mine just now, and you are right, sir. It's boo-tiful!

However, I think someone said on another thread a few days ago that mlb.com is no longer offering them. Maybe if enough people request them, mlb will reconsider. I'm kind of sorry I only ordered one, becaue I suspect Mr.MarySwiss is going to try to rip me off for it.

That was me, I cannot find one anywhere:whiner:

I guess i will have to settle for a Tejada Jersey in the spring

MarySwiss
12-14-2005, 05:17 PM
That was me, I cannot find one anywhere:whiner:

I guess i will have to settle for a Tejada Jersey in the spring

Yeah Dave, I remember now; we PM'ed about this. Did you try contacting mlb.com again? I'd call them, and be firm; they obviously have some, or how did we get ours?

But you should probably be prepared to wait. I ordered mine a few days after the WS and just got it. Of course, the main thing is to have it before Opening Day. (Or in my case, Spring Training.)

y2j2785
12-14-2005, 05:53 PM
I got my hat and my Sports Illustrated book today. Yay! :smile:

mrwag
12-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Grandstand is still advertising them, but if you look closely the Sox logo is a seperate piece

https://secure.chicagoproducers.net/grandstandsox_com/store/view_product.php?product=WOR0UF26205