PDA

View Full Version : Rank your Playoff moments in order

Fake Chet Lemon
12-13-2005, 04:34 PM
There were so many amazing performances in our playoff run, where do they all rank????? I would go with:

#1- El Duque was tops.

#2- AJ's game 1 homerun. This is my darkhorse. But I think we gained a ton of confidence by pounding Boston in game #1. AJ's blast relaxed the entire team (and me!). It was huge for the entire playoff run.

#3- I was really impressed by Garland's performance in Anaheim after such a long, long layoff. That was impressive and over-looked. Another dark horse I guess but big Jon stepped up huge and showed no rust.

Madvora
12-13-2005, 04:39 PM
1. Podsednik game 2 home run
2. Konerko game 2 grand slam
3. Hernandez game 3 in Boston

- Honestly all 3 of these could be interchangeable

Baby Fisk
12-13-2005, 04:42 PM
1. El Duque, 6th inning.

2. Podsednik's walk off.

3. The final play. As Ozzie puts it in the WS DVD: "It was like, NO... YES!!!!!!"

Bonus pick: Selig hands the trophy to Reinsdorf. (I cried like a lunatic)

IlliniSox4Life
12-13-2005, 05:04 PM
1. AJ's dropped third strike and Crede Double (this is tops because it's the only game I was at)
2. Final out
3. Pods' Walkoff
4. El Duque Game 3 ALDS
5. Konerko's Slam
6. Blum's HR

I'd put the 4 CG's in there somewhere, but it's not really a "moment"

chisoxmike
12-13-2005, 05:06 PM
1. Podsednik's Walk Off
2. Final Out
3. Konerko's Slam
4. E-4/Iguchi's 3-R HR
5. Drop 3rd strike/Crede's Walk Off

Fake Chet Lemon
12-13-2005, 05:34 PM
The final out was awesome, but we were up 3 games to 0 in the series. Not that much drama when you look big picture (OK, other than the fact we became champions of the world with that out!).

lumpyspun
12-13-2005, 05:37 PM
1. Konerko's GS...I don't have the DVDs yet, but I have this play on TiVo and everytime I watch it I get goosebumps, its like watching The Natural.

2. Iguchi's 3 run shot in the ALDS. The game started out really ugly and it looked like Boston was going to take that game and the last 3 games were going to be a dog fight. I think that homer was extremely important in the overall scheme of things (plus I paid about $700 for plane tickets to be at the game, so it holds a special place in my heart)!

zach074
12-13-2005, 06:52 PM
1. Konerko's Slam.
2. Pod's Walkoff.
3 Final Out.
4 Gooch 3 run homer.
5 Uribe's play in the stands.

Corlose 15
12-13-2005, 07:04 PM
1. Konerko's slam
2. Duque's inning
3. Iguchi's HR
4. Pods Walkoff
5. Uribe's catch
6 Final out

cubhater
12-13-2005, 07:15 PM
1. The final out.
2. Dye's game 4 GWRBI
3. Pod's game 2 HR
4. Duque's sixth inning
5. Gooch's blast off Wells
6. Konerko's slam
7. AJ's run to first on the dropped strike
8. Sox chase Clemens to an early shower
9. Four CGs
10. The five run first inning in game 1 of the ALDS
11. Watching the sad faces on Angel fans with their rally monkeys

And too many others to mention! :cool:

PAPChiSox729
12-13-2005, 07:34 PM
1. Final out
2. Konerko's GS
3. El Duque's inning. Especially the K on Damon
4. Iguchi's HR off Wells
5. Pods' HR

nccwsfan
12-13-2005, 08:18 PM
1) The final out of the World Series.

2) Podsednik's walkoff- Game 2 of the WS
2a) Konerko's Grand Slam
3) Crede's 8th inning hit in Game 5 of the ALCS. Didn't have the drama of a lot of the other games but at this point I knew the dream of a World Series was about to become reality.
4) El Duque in Game 3 of the ALDS

Corlose 15
12-13-2005, 08:37 PM
3) Crede's 8th inning hit in Game 5 of the ALCS. Didn't have the drama of a lot of the other games but at this point I knew the dream of a World Series was about to become reality.

I forgot about that moment but it was definitely up there for me. I was jumping around my room when Rowand slid safely into home.

Malgar 12
12-13-2005, 08:44 PM
AJ's bomb in game 1 of the ALDS, it set the tone and proved the White Sox can score in the playoffs.

davenicholson
12-13-2005, 08:48 PM
1. Podsednik game 2 home run
2. Konerko game 2 grand slam
3. Hernandez game 3 in Boston

- Honestly all 3 of these could be interchangeable
I agree with these and even the order, most especially since I was there for moments 1 and 2 :). Hernandez' performance in Boston consisted of the most exciting 3 outs I've ever witnessed, but I guess that they are really moments, plural. I might add Uribe's catch in the stands. I could go on and on--too many to mention, I reckon.

Qdiddy
12-13-2005, 08:59 PM
1. Bartman's play down the line...opps wrong year.
2. Iguchi's HR was easily the most important hit we had in the playoffs. Most likely we lose that game and go to Boston tied and who know what could of happened. It set the tone for the entire playoff run.
3. El Duque performance in game 3
4. PK Grandslam
5. Pods Homer
6. AJ Rip off of Roy Blowswalt to put us in the lead and take their hearts.
7. Crede's GW Double
8. Crede's Defense
9. Uribe's Catch
10.The last out! WS Champs.

PKalltheway
12-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Konerko's grand slam in game two
Podsednik's game winner in game two
Iguchi's clutch homer off David Wells in game two of the divison series
The final out of the W.S.
El Duque's sixth inning in game three of ALDSThese can honestly be in any order, it's hard to just one:cool:

JoeClutch24
12-13-2005, 09:09 PM
1)El Duque's 6th
2)A.J's Drop 3rd strike
3)Pod's Walk off
4)Konerko's Grand Slam (LIGHT IT UP!!)
5)Uribe's catch
6)Blum's 14th inning HR

santo=dorf
12-13-2005, 09:28 PM
1. Konerko's slam (Farmer's call is great) I also love how the crowd look like a giant wave from everyone jumping up and down.
2. Blum's homer
3. Uribe crowd catch

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-13-2005, 10:13 PM
1. The Final Out
2. El Duque's inning
3. Pod's HR
4. Dropped 3rd Strike
5. 4 Complete Games

gowhitesox
12-13-2005, 11:03 PM
1.) The final out! I cried like a baby
1.) Selig handing Reinsdorf the trophy, still crying (these 2 are tied for first)
3.) Pod's game 2 home run
4.) Konerko's grand slam

After the final out, I screamed, OH MY GOD, THEY DID IT!!! THEY DID IT!!! The I starting crying like a baby and was awake celebrating all night.

Suburbanbuddha
12-13-2005, 11:29 PM
My list is too long, but one moment that I keep coming back to was A.J.'s first at bat in WS game 1 when he called time while Clemens was checking 2nd. After throwing the useless pitch anyway Rocket had this look of "How dare you do that to me?! I'm a legend don't you know?" A couple pitches later he put one right under A.J's chin. A.J. backed up and smiled like he knew he had him. Base hit to right. Rocket gone after 3. Sox never looked back.

chisox117
12-13-2005, 11:45 PM
#1 Uribeís World Series-clinching throw to Konerko.
#2 Konerkoís first inning HRs in back to back games in Anahiem.
#3 Iguchiís blast off Wells (Division Series game 2).
#4 ElDuque's 6th inning in game 3 vs Boston
#5 Garciaís WS game 4 performance.
#6 Podsednikís game winning HR in WS game 2.
#7 Roger Clemens departure from WS game 1.
#8 Iguchiís risky, momentum-killing 4th inning throw to third to get Millar on Muellerís grounder (Division Series game 1).
:gulp:

doublem23
12-14-2005, 06:26 AM
Konerko's grand slam, if for nothing else, than watching the reaction of the fans. The whole place just went crazy. And then you have the shot of Marte in the bullpen jumping around like a 5-year-old. It was really a special moment. I can't believe there isn't much love for A.J. Pierzynski's homer in Game 1 of the ALDS. I had really been dreading another 3-and-done, but after that first inning and subsequent romp over Boston, I knew this was going to be a special run for the Sox. Iguchi's homer was also huge. Orlando Hernandez's performance in Game 3 is surely list-topping.

JUribe1989
12-14-2005, 06:42 AM
#8 Iguchiís risky, momentum-killing 4th inning throw to third to get Millar on Muellerís grounder (Division Series game 1).
:gulp:

I'm glad you put this, this really took a lot out of the Red Sox. I was screaming NO! at the game when he did it. :D:

batmanZoSo
12-14-2005, 06:56 AM
There were so many amazing performances in our playoff run, where do they all rank????? I would go with:

#1- El Duque was tops.

#2- AJ's game 1 homerun. This is my darkhorse. But I think we gained a ton of confidence by pounding Boston in game #1. AJ's blast relaxed the entire team (and me!). It was huge for the entire playoff run.

#3- I was really impressed by Garland's performance in Anaheim after such a long, long layoff. That was impressive and over-looked. Another dark horse I guess but big Jon stepped up huge and showed no rust.

I watched your #3 in the bar and I was too drunk to truly appreciate the performance, but in hindsight, that was very big. We nailed it down in game 4 with Jon on the mound, I think. If he'd come out rusty, it would've been a 2-2 series, which is immesurably different than 3-1.

Overall, I totally agree. The El Duque one was easily the most suspenseful moment of the entire playoffs--which, when you think about it, says a lot for how this team dominated. I mean, what was that game, but a chance to sweep in a short series against a one-dimensional, pitching-depleted team in which we had the homefield advantage should the series have gone the distance. Don't bet I wasn't pacing around the room with cold hands when that all went down, though. I must've smoked half a pack of cigarettes in half an inning. Chalk it up to unchartered territory on my part as a White Sox fan. :smile:

I thought AJ's homer was enormous as well. That was a load off the collective shoulders of the White Sox franchise and the entire Army. We needed to get that home win out of the way, first try. And we did it in rather convincing fashion.

It's peculiar that a list of top moments would be free of any from the World Series itself. But to me, the Series was anticlimactic and the White Sox had determined the outcome before it ever began. I know in my heart of hearts, I never expected more than two home games.

That first game against Boston would be, truly, the only blowout of the 12 games. Every one that succeeded it proved to be more akin to the 1-2 run affairs that dominated the regular season, likewise with us coming out on top every time. White Sox baseball: just enough to beat you today, and just enough to beat you tomorrow. The only team that, after sweeping you, leaves you convinced they somehow got lucky.