PDA

View Full Version : Rosenthal: Bradley to the A's

Flight #24
12-13-2005, 05:31 PM
For "One of Oakland's top prospects"

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5164460 (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5164460)

chisox56
12-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Just reported he got traded to the A's, didn't say who the A's give up but it wasn't zito.

It's Time
12-13-2005, 05:36 PM
LOL! He and Jason Kendal should get along great.

HomeFish
12-13-2005, 05:37 PM
So...bets on how long it is before he jumps into the stands and shoves somebody's air horn down their throat?

salty99
12-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Traded with infielder Antonio Perez for the A's OF prospect Andre Ethier who hit .366 in the fall league.

Jerome
12-13-2005, 05:40 PM
The A's offense is pretty crappy, I think this is a good trade. Unless Bradley goes nuts.

ilsox7
12-13-2005, 05:58 PM
The A's offense is pretty crappy, I think this is a good trade. Until Bradley goes nuts.

Corrected that for ya.

Jerome
12-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Corrected that for ya.

Well its a risk I think the A's should take. Their offense wasted some good pitching last year. Now their OF D is spectacular, and his last year with the Indians he was .421 OBP, .922 OPS. And he's only what, 27, 28?

ilsox7
12-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Well its a risk I think the A's should take. Their offense wasted some good pitching last years. Now their OF D is spectacular, and his last year with the Indians he was .421 OBP, .922 OPS. And he's only what, 27, 27?

Yep. Unfortunately it's more likely he goes crazy than not, though. But you gotta take risks...look at our team.

nccwsfan
12-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Well its a risk I think the A's should take. Their offense wasted some good pitching last year. Now their OF D is spectacular, and his last year with the Indians he was .421 OBP, .922 OPS. And he's only what, 27, 28?

And he'll alienate his teammates next year if not this year- the guy has some issues. Well MB and Billy Beane can throw chairs off the wall with each other next year....genius move Billy!

SABRSox
12-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Yep. Unfortunately it's more likely he goes crazy than not, though. But you gotta take risks...look at our team.

I think this might be a pretty good deal for the A's. I get this strange feeling that Jeff Kent was a huge headcase as well, maybe even bigger than Bradley. Bradley just got all the press.

At any rate, getting Antonio Perez as a throw-in was a nice move as well.

MisterB
12-15-2005, 02:04 AM
I'm sorry, but Milton Bradley will always remind me of that Korean cartoonist's take on the Dodgers (http://news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=mlb&menu=cartoon&mode=view&seq=74), with MB ready to throw the Gatorade cooler at all times...

BTW, the local sports writers are spinning this as a 'gutsy move' by Beane and that Bradley is just the 'offensive spark' the A's need. :rolleyes:

SABRSox
12-15-2005, 02:19 AM
I'm sorry, but Milton Bradley will always remind me of that Korean cartoonist's take on the Dodgers (http://news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=mlb&menu=cartoon&mode=view&seq=74), with MB ready to throw the Gatorade cooler at all times...:rolleyes:

I think that's Carlos Perez you're thinking about. That happened in 1999.

EDIT: Then again, looking at the cartoon, I think it's the bag of balls Bradley threw all over the place.

TheKittle
12-15-2005, 02:44 AM
I think that's Carlos Perez you're thinking about. That happened in 1999.

EDIT: Then again, looking at the cartoon, I think it's the bag of balls Bradley threw all over the place.

Carlos Perez took a bat to a Gatorade cooler. Bradley would throw the cooler.

I think the WS should have looked into getting Bradley. Does he have issues? Of course. But so did Carl. And I think people like playing for Ozzie.

doublem23
12-15-2005, 07:36 AM
I think the WS should have looked into getting Bradley. Does he have issues? Of course. But so did Carl. And I think people like playing for Ozzie.

I really don't think Carl had "issues." Maybe once or twice he just got enraged, but who honestly hasn't blown their lid once? Carl just holds some views that aren't mainstream and he gets labeled as crazy, but Milton Bradley does actually have some serious anger management issues. With the Sox's depth in outfield talent, there's no need to add someone else, especially if he comes with the baggage that Milton does.

TheKittle
12-15-2005, 03:03 PM
I really don't think Carl had "issues." Maybe once or twice he just got enraged, but who honestly hasn't blown their lid once? Carl just holds some views that aren't mainstream and he gets labeled as crazy, but Milton Bradley does actually have some serious anger management issues. With the Sox's depth in outfield talent, there's no need to add someone else, especially if he comes with the baggage that Milton does.

Depth in OF talent???? Where at the unproven minor league level?? Bradley is a gold glove CF and he busts his butt all the time.

And Kent has been with five teams for a reason. You like the production but not the attitude.

ilsox7
12-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Depth in OF talent???? Where at the unproven minor league level?? Bradley is a gold glove CF and he busts his butt all the time.

And Kent has been with five teams for a reason. You like the production but not the attitude.

Milton Bradley's attitude problems are well document and extend beyond just his comments about Jeff Kent.

SABRSox
12-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Milton Bradley's attitude problems are well document and extend beyond just his comments about Jeff Kent.

Let's not deny that Milton Bradley is a head case. He is. But so is Kent. Kent's had issues with many of his teammates, none more famously than Barry Bonds. I think the problem was putting those two together. You can probably be ok with Milton Bradley on a team if there isn't a Jeff Kent or equivalent. That's probably what the A's are thinking.