PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta or Philadelphia?

Viva Magglio
12-22-2001, 11:01 PM
Every year, I go on the road to see the Sox in an interleague series. In 1999 and 2001, I went to St. Louis. In 2000, I went to Cincinnati. This year, my choices are Atlanta and Philadelphia. At this point, I am not sure which one I should go to. So I turn to you. Should I go to Atlanta or Philadelphia?

KempersRS
12-22-2001, 11:07 PM
Hey Viva, if you wanted to meet up with me, I will be at 1 or more of the Phillies games with the Sox in town! :smile:

Soxheads
12-22-2001, 11:13 PM
Go to Philly just to see Kempers.

Jerry_Manuel
12-22-2001, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Go to Philly just to see Kempers.

Yeah sure...I hear Atlanta is a great place. :D:

Seriously though I would go to Philly, the Braves pitching staff will make our softball hitters look silly.

WinningUgly!
12-22-2001, 11:50 PM
I was gonna say Atlanta, but go to Philly & Kempers can introduce you to Mutombo & Iverson! :D:

Daver
12-22-2001, 11:58 PM
Atlanta is a bad town for sports,or anything else,Philly is a sports town with great fans,I would go to Philly.

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

GASHWOUND
12-23-2001, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Every year, I go on the road to see the Sox in an interleague series. In 1999 and 2001, I went to St. Louis. In 2000, I went to Cincinnati. This year, my choices are Atlanta and Philadelphia. At this point, I am not sure which one I should go to. So I turn to you. Should I go to Atlanta or Philadelphia?

Never been to Philly, only been in Atlanta for a day..but depends on who you want to see. Turner Field is a better place than Philly's place(or is Philly gettng a new stadium next year?) I forget, but you would also get to see Maddux or Glavine pitch before they retire, two HOF there. I would go see the Braves and Sox play each other. Playing the Phillies reminds me of playing a team like the Reds or something, doesn't interest me even though Philly was better last year and the Reds have Griffey. But it still the Braves. I would see the Bravos, but thats me.

KempersRS
12-23-2001, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Never been to Philly, only been in Atlanta for a day..but depends on who you want to see. Turner Field is a better place than Philly's place(or is Philly gettng a new stadium next year?) I forget, but you would also get to see Maddux or Glavine pitch before they retire, two HOF there. I would go see the Braves and Sox play each other. Playing the Phillies reminds me of playing a team like the Reds or something, doesn't interest me even though Philly was better last year and the Reds have Griffey. But it still the Braves. I would see the Bravos, but thats me.

The Phils new stadium is due for 2004 I think. I saw the draw ups for it and it looks great. The Vet is quite an ugly park, but the new turf they put down at least makes it playable. I think the Twins really need to look into some of the NexTurf.

RichH55
12-24-2001, 04:42 AM
All depends on if you are talking city wise or ballpark wise...City wise go with Philly, but the ballpark edge is largely in Atlanta's favor