PDA

View Full Version : SOX/Ozzie need to get on Leno/Conan soon

Hangar18
12-13-2005, 10:39 AM
File this post under, "things for Brooks to do". I dont care how busy they are, but a few of the White SOX need to be appearing on these shows and "MARKETING" this team. The White Sox won the World Series. The other team gets FREE marketing for having done nothing. We need Counter-Propoganda measures done now. Plus, id love to see what questions Leno or Conan would ask AJ or Ozzie.

oeo
12-13-2005, 10:46 AM
File this post under, "things for Brooks to do". I dont care how busy they are, but a few of the White SOX need to be appearing on these shows and "MARKETING" this team. The White Sox won the World Series. The other team gets FREE marketing for having done nothing. We need Counter-Propoganda measures done now. Plus, id love to see what questions Leno or Conan would ask AJ or Ozzie.
I thought they said it was old news 2 weeks after they won. I doubt they'd have him on there now, if 2 weeks after winning it, it was old. Who knows though...Conan would be awesome.

Hangar18
12-13-2005, 10:56 AM
I thought they said it was old news 2 weeks after they won. I doubt they'd have him on there now, if 2 weeks after winning it, it was old. Who knows though...Conan would be awesome.

Have Conan do an All-Chicago show. Maybe interview Cusack again, and surprise him with OZZ, AJ, Paulie holding the WS Trophy, and giving him a ticket to Opening Day. I like that angle very much ....... heck id fly to NY
just to be in the studio audience for that.

Hangar18
12-13-2005, 10:59 AM

Us winning a Trophy for the 1st time in 88 years is old news?
Yet, them Losing for a majority of 98 years is NEWS ??
Whats wrong with this picture .......

Baby Fisk
12-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Who cares about "them"?

We have this:

http://www.bgcmaine.org/RedSoxTrophy.jpg

TheOldRoman
12-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Whats wrong with this picture ....... File that in the dictionary under "Cubsessed".

Dolanski
12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Hate to tell you but no one outside of Chicago (and even some in Chicago) would care to watch the White Sox on one of these shows months after it happened. Publicity is about buzz. There is no buzz about the White Sox with the national media especially in the middle of December.

SoxFan78
12-13-2005, 11:16 AM

Am I missing something or were the Cubs on late night TV latley?

kittle42
12-13-2005, 11:30 AM
The Cubs are no longer relevant, if they ever were. Is Hangar the only one who still has an inferiority complex? :D:

CHISOXFAN13
12-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Whats wrong with this picture .......
LOL. I don't recall seeing anyone in the Cubs organization on either of those or any other talk shows for that matter.We won. Try to enjoy it a little bit.

Rocky Soprano
12-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Is Hangar the only one who still has an inferiority complex? :D:

Yup.

zach23
12-13-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't even remember the last time I watched either of those shows. The only place I care about Sox players performing is on the field.

Lip Man 1
12-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Not going to happen.

Lip

TheLittleBulldog
12-13-2005, 01:35 PM

Leno is for half-wit inbred hillbillies. Letterman has ten times the comedic genius.

Rocky Soprano
12-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Leno is for half-wit inbred hillbillies. Letterman has ten times the comedic genius.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for your GREAT insight.

Joosh
12-13-2005, 01:52 PM

Actually, of all people Conan is the comedic genius. Leno and Letterman could only hope to be so creative and hilaroius.

Realist
12-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Meh. You're all full of shady ideas. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson is the only late nite talk show worthy of our World Champion Chicago White Sox. It's the best and it's completely under the radar.

TheOldRoman
12-13-2005, 03:25 PM
The Cubs are no longer relevant, if they ever were. Is Hangar the only one who still has an inferiority complex? :D:
No, the Cubs fans have an inferiority complex. They always have.
I don't think Hangar does. I think he is just bipolar and insane. He will trash the Sox for being horribly run, cheap, stupid, and so forth. However, in his next post he will claim that we deserve all this attention and everyone should praise the team and Sox fans. I really think Hangar needs to be placed in a straight jacket.

TheDarkGundam
12-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Meh. You're all full of shady ideas. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson is the only late nite talk show worthy of our World Champion Chicago White Sox. It's the best and it's completely under the radar.
:o: Are you sure that's not supposed to be teal? Cone-zone all the way!

Realist
12-13-2005, 04:10 PM
:o: Are you sure that's not supposed to be teal? Cone-zone all the way!

I'm sure. I have nothing against Conan, but Craig Ferguson is funnier, a better interviewer and he pulls off a great show with a much smaller budget - Under the Radar.

Hangar18
12-13-2005, 05:14 PM

I was up really late one nite watching this, and I was wondering who the heck was this Irish sounding guy? Well, he sits down about to introduce a guest, and says he wants to talk about the World Series, and puts the SOX and Astros logos up. He said Sox were from Chicago american league, and they couldnt spell their name right (crowd laughs) he makes a similar joke about the Astros logo, then says hes taking "the sawx" in the series.

I thought it was amusing we were on late nite tv

Fake Chet Lemon
12-13-2005, 05:17 PM
What's the Score?

Nellie_Fox
12-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Maybe interview Cusack again, and surprise him with OZZ, AJ, Paulie holding the WS Trophy, and giving him a ticket to Opening Day. I like that angle very much ....... heck id fly to NY just to be in the studio audience for that.Why should the Sox play kissy-face make-nice with John Cusack?

I'm sure it's a generational thing. While Letterman isn't what he once was, he's leaps and bounds better than Leno, and I've never understood what anybody sees in Conan. I've tried watching him, and I think he's incredibly lame. Again, I'm sure it's generational.

CLR01
12-14-2005, 01:22 AM
and I've never understood what anybody sees in Conan. I've tried watching him, and I think he's incredibly lame. Again, I'm sure it's generational.

I am younger and agree completely.

Parrothead
12-14-2005, 07:28 AM
A.J. was / is already out there........he appeared on 2 TNA wrestling shows.....it was on the news and in the newspapers and of course tv.