PDA

View Full Version : Bobby vs. Bobby

SOXintheBURGH
12-13-2005, 02:09 AM
I was thinking about this hard today, amongst several rounds of Bushmills...

Could Jenks (remove any "if healthy or if consistant" comments, I want none of them) break Thigpen's record?

I figure with our rotation/line up we will be "in" "enough" "close" games... will Jenks even get enough chances to even consider a changing of the guard? And if given the chances, could he do it?

:reinsy
"I am not celling, your thoughts?"

TheKittle
12-13-2005, 02:51 AM
No because he may not get the chance to save many games. With the improved offense, save opps may go down next year.

The biggest concern about Jenks is that he doesn't go the Bob James or Larmar Hoyt training plan. Which was do nothing but eat during the off season.

Fredsox
12-13-2005, 04:55 AM
I'm note sure I'd want him to do it. If you have such a one-dimensional bullpen that you only have one guy who can close games, you're screwed. Also recall that Thigpen was never the same after that. If you have so much depth with Jenks, Hermanson, Pollite, and Cotts, why would you want to put it all on one guy?

IlliniSox4Life
12-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Jenks isn't as good on back to back days, or back to back to back days. He needs a little rest to give his fastball some more pop, so I don't think he'll be getting every save opp, but most of them.

getonbckthr
12-13-2005, 08:52 AM
To get that record, I think, is almost impossible. Look at Smoltz or Gagne when he saved 90 in a row, he couldn't even break it.